Grocery ShoppingShopping

Keeping Track Of Prices From Store To Store

I usually buy EAS low carb protein individual beverages at Sam's, but occasionally see them on sale at the grocery stores. Then I stand there, trying in vain, to recall the price paid at Sam's. I solved this by writing the Sam's price on a piece of low stick masking tape and stuck it on the divider for my coupon holder. Of course, the Sam's price may change, but it's a guideline to see if the grocery store sale price is a good deal in the meantime. You may think that this is extravagant, but a protein beverage in the car is a lot less expensive than a fat filled trip to a local fast food joint when I am out and about.

In case you are wondering, the Sam's price for EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control, as of last month (March 2007) was $26.88 for 24 cans at 11 ounces each.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

I think if you do any amount of shopping it should become second nature in remembering prices,
I've done this ever since I can remember and never had a problem, I know which stores to go to for certain things, and always watching for better bargains at other stores,
My husband just says is this a good price, only takes a second to know if its higher or cheaper elsewhere, My mother did this, my Sisters do and I ain't never heard of any of them having troubles remembering who's got what cheaper, Becomes just second nature, Knowing where the bargains are, Never ever needed a piece of paper to keep track, Was always good at getting the best bang for my Buck. Mondays are also an excellent day to shop where I live, Be early to the grocery store, things are reduced half price,