HomeRepair

Repairing Carpet

Category Home

Unfortunately this morning while ironing my shirts, the iron slipped off the board and fell onto the carpet. As you can guess, its left an iron mark which I'm not very happy about. I understand that you can cut the carpet out and replace it with another patch but does anyone have any tips on covering the lines up around the carpet patch where I've replaced it with the new piece of carpet.

Thanks,
Zippy250

I have not tried this but read about it and it seems like it would work. You 'brush' your carpet to get the pile from it. Then you use a glue to put on the lines and fill them with the pile. Might be worth a try?? Diane

You must make sure that the nap of the replacement piece is the same direction as the carpet you are putting the patch into. If this is the case and you had a piece of carpet that is worn as much as the spot you are replacing you should not see the patch. Otherwise there is nothing you can do until the new patch wears.