Soap Dispenser on LG Front Loader Stuck Closed?

I have an LG Tromm front-load washing machine that's about 5 years old. The soap dispenser drawer is stuck and I can't get it open. I've tried everything, it acts like it's locked somehow. Does anyone know how to get it to open, or as an alternative, is it okay for me to just pour the liquid soap on the clothes inside the washer before washing?

By Linda

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts

I don't know about troubleshooting dispensers for front loaders but I don't see why you couldn't just place laundry soap directly on the clothes. I do that in a top loader instead of using the dispenser. The only word of caution would be is to evenly dispense it and especially if it's powdered laundry soap.

Mine was stuck as well. You need to remove the top cover by unscrewing the top in the back, then slide it backwards and lift it off. You can then get to the dispenser to release the door.

My fabric softener compartment was the culprit. It had warped just enough to get caught.

Anonymous

Hi so how did you manage to open the drawer

Anonymous

Thx for how to get the top off, but after that how and where are you able to get at the lock. The dispenser is sealed.

I took the top off and it was sealed as well! Help!

Worked for me. The drawer slides into a white box underneath the lid. That box has clips on the RHS. When opened or even partially opened the drawer slid out.

This is third time for us. Trying now without the blue containers for bleach and softener.

Ours was stuck with a chunk of undissovled powdered biz. Ran the washer on the hottest cycle ( with no clothes) and dissolved enough of the chunk to open door.

Thank you. It worked for me too

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersNovember 7, 2009
👔
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf88219973.tip.html