Cleaning Dog Pee Off a Cement Floor

Cleaning the stains and odor of pet urine off of concrete requires the right product and often some serious scrubbing. This is a guide about cleaning dog pee off a cement floor.

How can I get rid of pet urine odor from the cement floor of my garage? The prior resident's dog has been gone for 2 years, but by the smell of it, you'd think he still marked the garage on a daily basis. Professionals are too expensive, but I'm about to hook a pressure washer to a 50 gallon drum of Febreze unless someone else has a better idea.

By Sugar from CA

Answers

Best Answer

Your local pet store should have an enzymic solution. It will actually "eat" the ordor from the concrete.
If it is very bad, you might have to paint the floor with a KILZ-type product. We had to do that on the last house we moved to because the previous owner's 3 dogs wet the floors so much.

Best Answer

Sprinkle dry cement over the floor. Leave for several hours and sweep up. You may need to do several times, but the cement should absorb the odour (also works great for oil stains)

The uncovered cement patio I share with the neighbor has been used for 4 months as the dumping ground of vomit, feces and urine for their 3 dogs. It has never been cleaned (occasionally the poop is removed) and it smells very bad. How can we clean this when they move out or do we have to put on new cement?

By Sharon from Kelowna, BC, Canada

Answers

Best Answer

I think if you rent (or borrow) a pressure washer, you should have good luck cleaning it. I would ask at one of the home construction types of stores what a good cleaner for concrete would be and use that. I would use that cleaner, rinse well, and if it still looked bad, mix a solution of bleach, detergent, and water, and scrub it with a long handled brush, then rinse and power-rinse.

I suspect any odors would be gone; but if some staining remains, you could stain the concrete with a product from the same store. Or, if you feel creative, stencil some leaves, or flowers, or the like randomly over the patio. I have even seen people paint faux bricks on patios with enviable results!

Good luck with the new neighbors!

I need some information on how to clean a cement floor. I have two dogs that have gone on the floor. I can't seem to find the right cleaning product. I have tried mopping my floors in lime juice and water, lemon juice and water, and vinegar and water. Please help me! Thank you!

Cheryl from North Carolina

Answers:

Kitty Litter and Tide

Start with a moistened kitty litter or sand, let sit for a couple of hours. Sweep up and wash with Tide. This always works for me.

By Pats

OdoBan

We have a rug by our back door the dogs sleep on. We spray OdoBan on the cement floor and rug between washings. It really keeps the dog smell down.

By DT

How do I remove dog urine from cement?

By Jeanne from NJ

Answers:

Laundry Soap

Just wet it down with a hose and scrub like you would anything else. I'd use a long handled brush and a good cleanser, even laundry soap would work.

By Glenn'sMom

Coca-Cola

Try a can of full on sugary Coca-Cola. Sounds odd, but it does remove blood and egg from concrete so I am hoping urine would be a breeze for it. Leave it on the stain a while, then rinse off with clean water.

By Monique63

Our Chow Chow has been wetting on the cement in our basement. How do I get rid of the odor?

Helen

Answers:

Enzymatic Cleaning Solution

Your local pet store should have an enzymatic solution. It will actually "eat" the odor from the concrete. If it is very bad, you might have to paint the floor with a KILZ-type product. We had to do that on the last house we moved to because the previous owner's 3 dogs wet the floors so much.

By kpeiffer

Black Light to Locate Pee

One thing I have found that helps to get rid of pee smells after it has dried is to use a black light. For some reason I have found it helps to kill the smell of cat and dog odors.

By Bill

Load More