Food and DrinkProduct Reviews

Floating Silicon Egg Poacher

Has anyone tried those floating silicon egg poachers? Do they clean easily?

Holly from Richardson, TX

By Racer (Guest Post)

I have the plastic microwavable egg poacher and it does good as long as you reallly mix up the eggs with 1 teaspoon water each. I love it to make sandwiches and just to eat the eggs that way. I have never heard of the silicon one that floats. I doubt if I would buy it though.

I tried making baked eggs in a little silicon pinch pot, thinking it would work well enough. It was exceptionally easy to clean, but not big enough to hold 1 egg. My next report will be on the floating silicon egg poacher - I decided to buy one. They come 2 in a pack at Bed, Bath & Beyond. $9.99. I used one of their coupons and received $2.00 off.

Yes, it's great. Very easy to use and I just throw mine in the top dishwasher tray.

Bought it and used it. They should have invented this years ago! I made baked eggs. Put poacher into a custard cup for stability.

Grease the inside of the silicon cup, crack in an egg, place in oven and bake at 350 for 15 mins. Serve with buttered toast.