Paper Rose and Heart Bouquet
A cute idea and easy table decoration in an array of colors to brighten up your table after the winter storms and to celebrate Valentine's Day.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes each piece
- 1 valentine pail (you can paint a small pail to suit)
- foam - cut to fit in pail (I use packing foam from a shipment)
- tissue paper in red, pink, purple, and yellow
- green chenille stick
- wire cutters
- red or pink shredded paper
- paper hearts about 3 inches (5 hearts per skewer)
Making Heart Flowers:
- On colored paper paper draw out five 3 inch hearts and cut them out.
- Fold them in half so the pattern is on the inside.
- Start gluing your hearts together. Attach one half heart to the next until you have come to the last one. (See picture if you don't understand.)
- On the last one you will need a 5 inch skewer. Add extra glue down the center and lay your skewer in it. Then glue on the last section gluing both ends to the other side.
- Carefully open up each heart and gently pull it to separate it. Allow to dry.
Making Tissue Paper Flowers:
- Make the flower by cutting 3 inch circles of each color of tissue paper. You will need 6 round circles of each color for one flower. (The circles do not need to be neatly done.)
- Fold the circles in half and make 2 small snips in the center.
Open up and thread the chenille stick through.
- Wind the chenille stick so it holds the circles in place. Pinching the end will help in winding and will not tear your paper. Cut off the chenille stick about 3 inches down from end of flower.
- Next start opening up each piece of tissue paper from the middle and scrunching it up a bit. Continue to do this until there is none left.
- Next take the skewer and cut to about 5 inches. Take the chenille stick end of the flower and wrap it around the top of the skewer. Set aside.
- Continue each flower as described above. When they are all finished begin adding them to the foam in the pail.
Preparing Flower Pail
- Cut a piece of packing foam to fit inside of your pail.
- Add some red or pink shredded paper in the pail to hide the foam.
- You can add other things to the arrangement as you like. Add your hearts as a focal point. Enjoy your pretty rose and heart bouquet as a reminder that spring is just around the corner.
- You can make a lovely bouquet for your boss as well using the instructions above and adding in some heart shaped suckers and a bow to celebrate Valentine's Day.
By gem from VA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!