Sharpenable Vs. Automatic Eyebrow Pencils

I went to buy a pencil sharpener for my eyebrow pencil and the sales lady advised using an automatic brow pencil that doesn't requires sharpening. Automatic eyebrow pencils don't seem to get really sharp for me. Which do you prefer?

By Onesummer

I too prefer the types that use a sharpener. The automatic ones just don't get as sharp or stay sharp for me and don't seem to last as long. They are also more expensive usually.

I can't stand the pencils that need a sharpener. I have such a hard time sharpening the pencils--they don't sharpen evenly. One side will have wood all the way to the tip while the other side the pencil "lead" will be exposed. Or I will sharpen a pencil well, then the tip breaks off--start all over again.

I use the automatic pencils. Much less hassle for me. Some have a tiny sharpener in the end, but sharpness isn't a big issue for me as I don't need the pencil to be ultra sharp.

I like the automatic ones because they are made of a softer material and seem to go on easier. If I feel I need to sharpen my pencil I use a square of toilet paper and lay the pencil on the side and gently make a sharper tip.

Automatic ones need to be sharpened as well, that is why there is a little pull out sharpener on the end. I don't like them because they are too soft and that means smudges and they don't stay on as well.

When you buy a sharpener, buy a good one. The .99 ones eat up your pencil....the best I have found is a Revlon one that has a hole for both large and small pencils. I have had it for years and still very sharp. You get what you pay for.

I don't like the automatic pencils at all. It's like drawing on your face with a crayon!

I don't use an eyebrow pencil. I use a powder and an angled brush. It looks so much more natural. Once you get the hang of using it, you will never go back to the pencils.

Anonymous

I concur with Laniegirl ;-)