AdviceDogs

Temperament of a Malamute/Spaniel Mix

What is the temperament going to be for a malamute mix with spaniel? He has chosen to follow me where ever I go and seems to butt in when someone is hugging me or playing around with me. He does not hurt anyone. He is very friendly but sticks to me like glue. I also cannot leave in my car without him whining. Is he a one person dog?

By Blue4 from Eaton Rapids, MI

The Malamute part, like a wolf, gets very bonded to one person and considers them extremely important. That is why it is so hard to rehome any wolf hybrid. They never forget and grieve themselves to death often. Spaniels are lovers and as such will be on your trail everywhere you go like little children. I would say you have a winner there. I love these dogs. I have a mountain feist, a kind of terrier mixed with an Italian greyhound and a weenie dog. She is always near me and gets often depressed if I cannot be with her. She is a joy and keeps me entertained. The other dogs in the house love me but she is really obsessed with me...lol. Here is her pic. Robyn