AdviceHealth & Beauty

Problems with a Tongue Piercing

I have a tongue piercing and next to it there is a hard ball piece of skin. WHat can it be?

Nicole from South Africa

I have my tongue pierced 5 times and have 16 other piercings. Is the bump right on the outside of the piercing? Build up of white "tongue tissue"? It is hard to explain what I am describing, but I am pretty positive I know what you are referring to. If so, it is just healing! After a few months, the bump will go away, I promise. If it doesnt hurt, then dont worry about it. It sounds as though this piercing is new. Please message me if you have questions.

I got my tounge done 3 woks ago an its healed except I haven't change the long bar yet BC there's a spot like ur talking abt on the top of my tounge beside the ball an its hard an kinda tender an hurts. Is it healing or shld I get it looked at?

It's been 2 weeks since I got mine pierced. I'm still having this white tissue top & bottom. It does hurt. Should I be worried?

Hi my name is syria
I Recently took my tongue ring out an then put it back in an now I have a lump right were my the hole were my tongue ring goes an I was wanting to know if it will go away an how long it will take it hurts a lil bit but not a hole lot an Im freaking out about so I took my ring out an just not going to put it back in anymore I have had it done for almost a year an it has not done this once an idk wht to do.

Hi I have a question I have had my tongue pierced for 16 years. Aweek ago I started to swell and I have a bump where the ball rest. It hurts as well can u tell me what's going on.

I got my tounge pierced two weeks ago and I have that lump thing your talking about on the bottom of my tounge bar , I havnt changes to a smaller bar yet because Im afraid it will make the bump worse ... should I change the bar or leave it ??

I have so many questions I just got my tongue pierced and it's like a hard bump kinda ring around the piercing is that natural? it's only been 4 days since I got it done how long will the pain last? if I stop messing with it and talking will it heal faster?

Anonymous

How long did it take to stop hurting??

Don't take a chance....SEE A Doctor. GG Vi

By Toebeanie (Guest Post)

Please see a doctor. do not wait, It sounds like MRSA(Staph) Make them do a blood test, this is serioous, even deadly.

Dont go to the doctor just go to a piercer

Omg

Please email me if you have any questions! These people responding have to experience with piercings. They do not know the phases piercings go to. Yes, it may share symptoms with other "illnesses" or whatever you call them. But it is perfectly normal, I promise you! When you get pierced, you are literally creating a hole/incision in your body. There are a lot of phases the healing process goes through. Even puss is normal. Its not actually puss, its just your body trying to kick out unnatural objects in order to close the wound.

I have had that bump you are describing with several of my tongue rings. Make sure you are wearing a barbell that is a little bit too long in order for swelling to come and go ( if it is a new piercing ). Dont forget to use mouthwash or sea salt water solution, too. It takes a while for the piercing to heal completely. The bump will go away, like I stated in previous post. But, if you are still worried, go back to your piercer and they will most likely tell you what I have. Now if you pierced it "at home" then yes, maybe it really IS something to be alarmed about.

Hey I have a question on the tounge ring?

By NICOLE (Guest Post)

Hey you all thank you for responding. But the bump or what ever that pimple was is busy going away. I just got mouth wash and a new toothbrush an expensive toothpaste and a new tongue ring so I am healing good.

The problem was the tongue ring bar was to short and I kept playing with it. Thank you again, Nicole

By juliethepiercer (Guest Post)

It can be a displaced taste bud. It can be hypertrophic scarring. It can be normal scabbing. All of which will go away if you leave it alone and rinse after anything you eat/drink/smoke and be a bit patient.
It could be an infection.

An infection is usually hot &/or red &/or puffy &/or leaks stuff that's smelly and grey/green (not white/pale yellow). If you think you have an infection, see a doctor, but DONT remove the jewelry, as that will just trap the infection inside (sometimes doctors have to be "reminded" of this).