Save Time With Your Crockpot

A wonderful addition to any kitchen is your crockpot! If you are having a gathering, have big eaters, or just want to have your meal cooking while you are working during the day or away having a life, get all of your crockpots going. One crockpot can cook a roast, potatoes, carrots while another crockpot can cook an additional dish such as beans. If you want the bread to warm while you are away you can turn the lid of your crockpot lid upside down and put your already cooked rolls on top of it. Be sure to put these rolls or bread in a baggie and then place them in two layers of aluminum foil. The baggie helps them to not dry out and the aluminum foil keeps them warm.

Want to get ahead of the week? Have more than one crockpot going in one day and have your meals cooked. You can warm them up through the week when you get home to your family. You can cook your spaghetti sauce all day and have it that night or you can just bag it and put it in the freezer for another time. Beans freeze. You can cook your beans all day long on low and eat them that evening or you can freeze them for another time. Happy Crockpot!

By Jane from Paducah, KY

Anonymous

Slow Cookers are great! Thank you for reminding others how simple and easy they really are and especially with hot weather on the way because they help keep the kitchen heat down.

I LOVE my Cucina Pro 3 in 1 because it triples as a slow cooker or deep fryer or steamer and saves so much kitchen space (all parts fit inside).

Oh, I should also maybe mention that I recently found out we shouldn't be calling a Slow Cooker a Crockpot anymore because of the Crock-Pot brand of Slow Cookers. They've been threatening and suing people for even placing recipes in books or online with recipes containing a Crockpot title and online sites listed under Crockpot instead of the use of Slow Cooker claiming that using Crockpot is abuse of their trademark :-( I am not sure how far they will take it and personally, if I were them, I would simply feel flattered and leave well enough alone but I guess I am wrong.