Consumer Advice

Product Never Received From Web Purchase - Overnightsmokes.com

I recently bought something over the internet from another state but never received the product. Now the web site is no longer listed on the internet and I am unable to through via telephone either. Does any one have a suggestion on what to do? My bank can't reverse the authorization because it was taken out as an electronic check.

By imaqt1962 from Illinois

I think you may be SOL. Always use a credit card for internet purchases for just that reason.

I'd contact your attorney general and the attorney general of the state where the company said they were from. If the check has been cashed, it is fraud. It may not do you a lot of good but in order to cash a check, there is a bank that cashed it. Make sure you keep a copy of it and also print out copies of any emails or receipts you received.

You may have some recourse there. I've found our attorney general is very helpful with problems with online ordering. It's worth a try. Hopefully it wasn't anything very expensive. In any case, give us the name of the company and what you ordered so if anyone else has had the same problem, it will be on this site. Sometimes that makes a difference.

Susan from ThriftyFun

THIS WAS TAKEN OUT AS AN ELCTRONIC CHECK OR DEBIT SO NO CHECK NUMBER WAS EVER USED.THIS SITE DIDN'T TAKE CREDIT CARDS AND I HAD USED THEM BEFORE SO I WASN'T CONCERNED ABOUT USING THEM AGAIN.

THE SITE WAS WWW.OVERNIGHTSMOKES.COM

AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU HAS BEEN INFORMED. I HAVE E MAILED THE STATES ATTORNEYS OFFICE 2 TIMES BUT NO RESPONSE AS OF YET

Hi,

I looked up the domain both as overnitesmokes and overnightsmokes.com and both are owned by the same person. I tried calling the numbers listed with the domain registration and no answer on either number.

Registrant:

Quantum Wolf Enterprises

Glenn Camus

6864 Derby Rd

Derby, NY 14047

US

Email: qtmwolf@hotmail.com

Domain Name: overnitesmokes.com

Created on..............: Wed, Jan 26, 2005

Expires on..............: Fri, Jan 26, 2007

Record last updated on..: Tue, Nov 01, 2005

Administrative Contact:

Technology-1 Network Services

Glenn Camus

6864 Derby Rd

Derby, NY 14047

US

Phone: 716-947-4810

Email: gcamus@technology-1.net

Registrant:

Quantum Wolf Enterprises

Glenn Camus

6864 Derby Rd

Derby, NY 14047

US

Email: qtmwolf@hotmail.com

Domain Name: overnightsmokes.com

Created on..............: Tue, Jan 25, 2005

Expires on..............: Wed, Jan 25, 2006

Administrative Contact:

ONS Distributing

Eva Aidman

PO BOX 143

Steamburg, NY 14783

US

Phone: 1-716-3542211

Email: Sales@overnightsmokes.com

You can try the numbers also or pass this information on to your states attorney. The New York State Attorney General is very helpful and the company is in New York state so I'd try there.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/

It is a holiday today so they might not be answering the phone but the sooner you get on this the better.

Susan from ThriftyFun

thank you so much for all your help Susan

I also placed an order online to overnightsmokes.com on 10/05/05. I had placed 2 orders before with moneyorders and had no problem except it took a long time to receive orders. When I called them they gave me a 15.00 credit making my total $195.00 instead of $215.00.

I mailed my order on 10/05/05. When I hadn't received the order by 10/13/05, I called the telephone number of 866 329-8852 and spoke to Kim who apologized for the delay and said the order showed it was shipped. She told me to call back on Friday (10/14) to double check as she had a mess on her hands and would have to check with shipping dept. When I placed the call on 15th, I reached a recording that the number was no longer in service. I have tried countless times to call or go on the internet with no results. So, it looks like I am out $195.00. I am very unhappy with this situation.

I made a purchase from them back is sept, 28, 2005. I never got a thing. I caled them at first and they said my order was shipped. i still got nothing, i called again and got a message saying that the mail box was full. i called again and got the number is disconnected. I then contacted my bank and had my electronic check reversed. I did use a check number when i made my purchase. Your bank can deal with these people as they have a bank acct to accept your purchase.

I'm another sucker on the list, my order goes back to 9/7/05, and 9/21 they said they'd put a tracer on it (said it shipped, although it didn't say so on the site), and since then countless emails returned, no phone response, not working, full or whatever, and I'm out over $100. Debit of course. Not many of them take much besides that anymore. And I've only bought 3 times (this my 3rd) online. Guess I never will again. Would love to get my money back though!!!

It's worth reporting it to your bank. Charges on debit cards are covered for a certain amount of time. I had some bogus charges on mine some years back and they covered them. It's worth a try. Also, make sure you report it to your attorney general or states attorney. I was ripped off by a company some years back for flooring. The guy is now in jail and has to pay restitution so if for no other reason, you can get the crooks put away or get your money back.

Good luck with this everyone. Please post back if this is resolved.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Same thing here. Ordered Sept 21. Showed on the the site as "pending". Mail boxes full to leave messages. I called my bank and got my 175 less 25.00 stop pay back. Bad news. Beware...Would love to see a stop to this!!!

If you want to buy cigarettes from a reliable source, go to cigarettesonlinestore.net. I have before many times and received them.They are out of the country, They are some of the cheapest online. it takes about 10-14 days too receive them. You also get e mailed a receipt right away. I thought that I could trust a company within the u s like overnight smokes, I guess not.

Another sucker here..got me for 109.00. I wonder how much money they made off this scam!

Report your theft to: http://www1.ifc  gy/howtofile.asp

This site is run in part by the FBI and this is what they are all about:

How do I file a complaint?

IFCC accepts on-line Internet fraud complaints from either the person who believes they were defrauded or from a third party to the complaint. We can best process your complaint if we receive accurate and complete information from you. Therefore, we request that you provide the following information at this Web site:

* Your name, address, and telephone number.

* The name, address, telephone number, and Web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you.

* Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded.

* Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint.

Also, click on the link Fraud Tips which pertains to internet purchases.

In the future, never-ever-never pay for anything with an electronic transfer from your bank. Always pay with a credit card so you can get your money back.

Good luck...

Jim in Jax

WELL AN UPDATE TO THIS..MY BANK REFUSES TO REVOKE THE AUTHORIZATION ON THIS AND GIVE BACK MY MONEY. SAID THAT ONCE I GAVE THEM MY ACCOUNT INFO THIS GAVE THEM THE RIGHT TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT.AND THAT ANY BANK THAT DID THIS WITH THIS COMPANY WAS VIOLATING FEDERAL LAWS.SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF POOP TO ME AND TIME TO FIND A NEW BANK. I THINK IT'S FRAUD MYSELF. NO RESPONSE FROM THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IN NEW YORK.

I JUST FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE IFCC LETS SEE IF THIS GETS ME ANY WHERE. THIS IS JUST WRONG THAT THIS COMPANY CAN DO THIS TO PEOPLE AND GET AWAY WITH IT

I too got scammed, lost $240.00 on order placed back in September, never received the order

I HAVE SINCE CONTACTED THE STATES ATTORNEY'S OFFICE AND AM AWAITING RESULTS FROM THEM. THEY ARE GOING TO SEND THE OWNERS A LETTER TELLING THEM TO SEND MY MONEY TO ME. SO WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS