Small Kitchen AppliancesAppliances
To Top

Air Bubbles in Coffee Maker

I own a Braun electric drip coffee maker that has a glass/plastic (?) side indicator that lets me know the amount of water I've put into the machine. Often air bubbles appear which interfere with the correct measurements. How do I get rid of these bubbles? I've tried flicking the glass (much the way a nurse gets rid of bubbles in a syringe), but this does not help.


Any suggestions?

By Sylvia from Great Neck, NY

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

October 26, 20110 found this helpful

It is possible that what you are seeing is what is called a Meniscus Curve. This can also be seen when measuring water in a measuring cup. It is a scientific phenomenon that means you have to bring the cup up level with your eyes to see the real measurement as a curve is seen in the level of the water.

I realize you cannot do this with a coffee maker, but know that your true measurement is almost surely at the bottom of the "bubble". Perhaps the speed you add the water may also be making actual bubbles too. What I did with mine was take a fabric marker in a bright color and mark the level on the outside of the gauge when it contained no water. I find this helps with my problem of not being able to see how much water I have added due impairment of vision.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Small Kitchen AppliancesOctober 24, 2011
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Painting with Roller
Air Bubbles in Wall Paint
Ice Maker
Ice from Kenmore Elite Ice Maker Contains White Particles
Halloween Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/10/07 11:24:17 in 489 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!