MoisturizerSkin Care

Looking for a Good Dispenser for Baby Oil

I use baby oil each day as a moisturizer. The bottles that it comes in have tops that are unhandy to open/close and dispense. Any ideas for a good dispenser that won't clog up, but is easy in getting the oil out and won't drip down over the bottle?

Thanks.

By Connie E.

Can you buy an inexpensive pump bottle and use that? Seems to me it would work.

You could also try the fillable ketchup or mustard bottles from the dollar stores for the oil, just be sure to label them.

I recycle dish detergent bottles.

I recycle roll on deodorant bottles for just about everything. Ive used them from rolling on lotions to rolling out craft glue & craft painting. I also use recycled bingo daubers. Great for daubing your favorite fragrance on without spraying the wrong way or in your eyes or because your finger nails are to long. (Ok so I maybe I have a problem) but it works! =0]

I did this with shampoo, to make getting at it easier. I bought a large hand sanitizer bottle with a pump. I used it as is and to fill smaller bottles that I have strategically placed around my apartment. When it was empty, I washed it good and put my shampoo it in. I keep it on the side of the bathroom sink cause that is where I wash my hair. I just give two pumps on bottle and I am ready to wash my hair. This should work with your baby oil too.

How about a small spray bottle? You can find one for a dollar at a Walmart/Target usually in the travel items area. This way you can spray it on.

Why not try an empty lemon/lime juice container (the one that looks like a lemon or a lime). Quick easy and nice to look at.

I use a small spray bottle that originally held a body oil from Avon. It works great because the sprayer was always intended to spray oil.

Anonymous

I was also going to suggest a pump bottle.

I agree with several of these people that a pump bottle is the best. The oio will dispense easily and not clog up. Plus, any bottle that has to be picked up once you've gotten oil on your hands can easily slip out of your hands.

I don't get it. I thought that baby oil was made mostly of mineral oil, which is notorious for drawing moisture out of the skin. Does your use of baby oil ever rob your body of any of its natural softness? Maybe they started making baby oil differently now than they did when I first mistakenly bought it to hydrate my dry body parts.

Anonymous

Baby oil IS MINERAL OIL.ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THEY ADD FRAGANCE TO BABY OIL.