KitchenDecorating

Cabinet Colors for Kitchen With a Yellow Range

We have ordered a bright yellow Bertazzoni range. What color cabinets would you recommend? We want to go with wood. The only style we do not like is painted.

By Renee from NJ

Just about any wood will go well with your yellow range. I would consider how much natural/artificial lighting is in the room before choosing dark wood.
I would also consider if choosing wood cabinets, what compliments the kitchen flooring as well.

We have oak cabinets (you can get finishes in a range of shades to suit your taste), but do you want strong wood grains or a more subtle even appearance? This is also a factor I would consider.

You'd do well to buy an ultra contemporary design cabinet, even louvered or glass panes, with chrome trim, matching your refrigerator doors in the same, which I hope are high end, too, because the range is so classey and stunning. This way the range will be your "focal point" and you can then bring out the golden yellow in window treatments, and accent in the floors, unless they are wood? If not, consider a vein of bright yellow in a marbleized quartz, and perhaps the farthest wall from the range in a geometric patterned paper to blend it all together, and make certain you have fresh lemons always in different simple arrangements for Summer seasons, Crotons on the floor for Fall and Winter, and dried golden grasses/golden apples nearby come Spring.

Just keep it simple and focus on that $4,000 range that is sure to give great results and lots of "ah-h-h-hhhs!" from guests.

Although I can no longer afford such as this, if you will go to this site, you may be able to gleen some color combinations to go with your beauty: Color + Design Blog by Colour lovers , just type that into your google.com address bar and hit go. I hope this suggestion will work for you. If not, and you prefer a country classic performance, you would do well to stay with black/white/ grey (like the French rooster patterns, and shades of yellow ALONG with your neutral wooden cabinets of simple design but which shine with a great finish and quality pulls. (You bring back a lot of memories of when I used to decorate with friends and family, and occasionally my own home.)

God bless you. : )