Sour Smelling Armpits After Using Antibiotics

I use deodorants everyday. I started taking antibiotics a week and a half ago and for the past 3 days I been having this sour odor from my armpits. I take a shower twice a day.

By Miranda

Medications - all medications have side effects, and one is that they can change body chemistry, or at least the way the body's bacteria effects sweat. The plus side is that you usually only have to be on it 10 days.

Anonymous

By this time your antibiotic regimen is probably done and the odor will go away on it's own within about a week. Drink water throughout the day (don't overdo) and that will help flush/cleanse your system of the residual effects even more quickly.

Anonymous

Hi. My underarm smells like antibiotic even though i didn't take one. I have noticed it specially when I am sick. What have you done to get rid of it?

Health & Beauty AdviceMay 3, 2012
🌻
🎂
📓