Butterfly Photos

Category Wildlife
butterflies flying from hand
Seeing a beautiful butterfly gracefully fluttering in a garden is a joyous experience. This page contains butterfly photos.

Butterfly Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these Butterfly Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

While visiting a butterfly garden last summer with my granddaughter, I stressed the importance of not touching the butterflies. I guess I didn't say anything about giving them a kiss though.

Girl kissing butterfly on white flower

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 64

I was outside with family and had butterflies flying around us. A butterfly landed right in front of me and I took a picture of it with my camera phone.

Blue Butterfly on Rock

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 40

This little fellow decided to do his metamorphosis on the handle to my electric fence. I have been watching the cocoon waiting for the butterfly. Unfortunately a big storm blew in the same day he came out of his cocoon. He was blown into the horse water trough.

Broken Wing Butterfly

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 16

When I go to let the doggies out I bring my camera. I always find something interesting to photograph. I found this wonderful flower bush in the empty lot next to us and so did this butterfly.

butterfly on lantana flower

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

A butterfly befriended my son. I think it would have hung out on him all day, if we'd stayed outside. I was hoping to catch a picture of it with its wings spread open. So I kept trying to get it to move, until I finally captured it with its wings open!

Orange and black butterfly on a tree

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

My family and I had spent the day fishing at a nearby pond but fish were not biting. So I grabbed my camera to catch the butterflies beginning to swarm. I had to try several times to get just the right shot, but it was worth it!

Butterfly Sitting on Yellow Sunflower

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

The garden is such a busy place, but often goes unnoticed. Taking a break from planting, I've watched praying mantis, bees, and butterflies land and wander through just doing what they do. You are never alone in a garden.

butterfly on bee balm plant

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Isn't it amazing and wonderful the exhibits we can view in Museums? When our Grandsons come from Ireland to visit we always visit our Museum of Natural History. They love it!

Gulf Fritillary Butterfly

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

This was taken in my sister in law's garden. The butterfly is so gorgeous and I loved that we were able to get such a great closeup of it. This is why we moved to the country, for the beauty that surrounds us every day.

Butterfly On Leaf

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

This little beauty landed on the railing of a walkway in a local forest area. This was taken in the beginning of November in Nebraska. That year it got to 80 something degrees that day. Most of the leaves were already gone from the trees, but this little guy gave us some fall colors.

orange and brown butterfly

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

One spring day this year, my son and I walked out in our front yard and took this picture. It was one of the most beautiful natural images that we have seen.

orange butterfly with black spots

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

This beautiful butterfly landed on my zinnia plant yesterday. And it stayed awhile, while I rushed to get my camera. Then it flew away. I hope it made other people as happy as it made me to see it.

Butterfly on zinna.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Taken by the river at Nesika County Park, these butterflies were playing in the grass and trees nearby. These are very common butterflies along the Oregon Coast, as I see them often near blossoms and once even at the beach!

Large Yellow and Black Butterfly

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

You know it's summertime in Australia.

butterfly on pink flower

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 74

I caught a picture of this beautiful butterfly in my garden. She spent the better part of the morning going from bloom to bloom on my butterfly bush. I really feel grateful to have the chance to watch her for so long.

Butterfly on on Purple Flowers

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This butterfly landed on one of our outdoor chairs. It was too beautiful not to photograph.

Closeup of a butterfly

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Butterfly on lantana flower

Butterfly on lantana flower.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

I took a walk with my camera one day and when I got back home this butterfly was flying around and after awhile I finally caught a picture of him.

Large Yellow and Black Butterfly on a Flower

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Here is a Fritillary butterfly sitting on picotee sky flowers tree blossoms in our drought tolerant garden. Its lovely silver wing spots on lower side of wing are not visible in this view.

orange butterfly on purple flowers

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

One day, this butterfly appeared inside my screened-in porch. I choose to believe it is my dearest friend, passed 4 years ago, returning for a visit. It was our favorite place to sit, sip sweet tea and chat.

A black butterfly

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This gorgeous butterfly, captured at two different angles, is enjoying the warm summer day in the sunshine. As it flies about, it stops on each of the wildflowers here in my mother's garden in Graham, KY. This photo was taken in July of 2010.

Photo of Butterfly Enjoys Sunshine and Wildflowers

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

The wings of this poor fella were so worn and tattered, I wondered how he could fly. He managed quite well, thank you. I shooed him away several times to get him to land with wings staying open for a while. In five seconds he was back each time.

tattered butterfly on butterfly bush

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

This beautiful "tourist" was vacationing in my garden. Enjoying the colors!

butterfly on a flower

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

My zinnias are so beautiful, and they have attracted so many butterflies! The colors of both are so vivid.

Butterfly on Zinnia

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Butterfly and bee busying themselves being nature's little helpers in my hedge.

Butterfly and Bee working near hedge

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

These photos were taken at a Butterfly sancuary. It was so beautifull! It reminds me of summer, which I am so looking foward to.

Butterfly Sanctuary (Hinsdale, MA)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

My daughter was chasing this pretty little yellow butterfly, and couldn't catch it. The next thing we knew, she was about to cry when she opened her eyes, and there it was!

Wildlife: Butterfly Kisses

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

While visiting the herb farm I ventured off into the butterfly garden. Such beauty! I am as free in the spirit as a butterfly because of Jesus.

Wildlife: Butterfly

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Busy butterflies visiting my flower garden bringing happiness with them. Their fulfillment from the sweet nectar of the flower, mine from their sweet presence.

Wildlife: Butterfly

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

One of my cats was trying to catch this beauty in my backyard. The shiny green fly wanted to be seen too.

Wildlife: Butterfly

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This was a butterfly in my yard.

Wildlife: Butterfly

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Saw this lovely butterfly in the butterfly exhibit at the Chattanooga TN Aquarium and quickly snapped the picture before the butterfly flew away.

Wildlife: Butterfly

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

A butterfly landed on my knee brace while I was sitting back and relaxing. I was able to take a bunch of photos of it.

Wildlife: Butterfly

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

We were lucky to get a picture of this butterfly on the windowsill. I don't know what kind. If any one knows, would you let me know?

Wildlife: Butterfly

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a picture of a butterfly that I took in my front yard on their butterfly bush. I really don't know what kind it is.

Butterfly In The Butterfly Bush

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes