Butterfly Photos

Seeing a beautiful butterfly gracefully fluttering in a garden is a joyous experience. This page contains butterfly photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

April 12, 2011 Flag

While visiting a butterfly garden last summer with my granddaughter, I stressed the importance of not touching the butterflies. I guess I didn't say anything about giving them a kiss though. I turned around just in time to catch this!

By Kim

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 8 Comments

March 22, 2011 Flag

I was outside with family and had butterflies flying around us. A butterfly landed right in front of me and I took a picture of it with my camera phone.

By Kevin

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments

May 10, 2016 Flag

Photo Description
The garden is such a busy place, but often goes unnoticed. Taking a break from planting, I've watched praying mantis, bees, and butterflies land and wander through just doing what they do. You are never alone in a garden.

Photo Location
This was taken in my garden in Kingston PA.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

August 4, 2016 Flag

This little beauty landed on the railing of a walkway in a local forest area. This was taken in the beginning of November in Nebraska. That year it got to 80 something degrees that day. Most of the leaves were already gone from the trees, but this little guy gave us some fall colors.

orange and brown butterfly

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 19, 2016 Flag

Here is a Fritillary butterfly sitting on picotee sky flowers tree blossoms in our drought tolerant garden. Its lovely silver wing spots on lower side of wing are not visible in this view.

orange butterfly on purple flowers

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 3, 2010 Flag

This little fellow decided to do his metamorphosis on the handle to my electric fence. I have been watching the cocoon waiting for the butterfly. Unfortunately a big storm blew in the same day he came out of his cocoon. He was blown into the horse water trough.

Broken Wing Butterfly

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 28, 2016 Flag

The wings of this poor fella were so worn and tattered, I wondered how he could fly. He managed quite well, thank you. I shooed him away several times to get him to land with wings staying open for a while. In five seconds he was back each time.

tattered butterfly on butterfly bush

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 23, 2011 Flag

Taken by the river at Nesika County Park, these butterflies were playing in the grass and trees nearby. These are very common butterflies along the Oregon Coast, as I see them often near blossoms and once even at the beach!

Large Yellow and Black Butterfly

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 9, 2011 Flag

A butterfly befriended my son. I think it would have hung out on him all day, if we'd stayed outside. I was hoping to catch a picture of it with its wings spread open. So I kept trying to get it to move, until I finally captured it with its wings open!

Orange and black butterfly on a tree

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 14, 2010 Flag

When I go to let the doggies out I bring my camera. I always find something interesting to photograph. I found this wonderful flower bush in the empty lot next to us and so did this butterfly.

butterfly on lantana flower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 3, 2010 Flag

You know it's summertime in Australia.

butterfly on pink flower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 11, 2010 Flag

This butterfly landed on one of our outdoor chairs. It was too beautiful not to photograph.

Closeup of a butterfly

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 5, 2016 Flag

My zinnias are so beautiful, and they have attracted so many butterflies! The colors of both are so vivid.

Butterfly on Zinnia

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 2, 2012 Flag

This beautiful butterfly landed on my zinnia plant yesterday. And it stayed awhile, while I rushed to get my camera. Then it flew away. I hope it made other people as happy as it made me to see it.

Butterfly on zinna.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 28, 2014 Flag

One spring day this year, my son and I walked out in our front yard and took this picture. It was one of the most beautiful natural images that we have seen.

orange butterfly with black spots

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 10, 2011 Flag

My family and I had spent the day fishing at a nearby pond but fish were not biting. So I grabbed my camera to catch the butterflies beginning to swarm. I had to try several times to get just the right shot, but it was worth it!

Butterfly Sitting on Yellow Sunflower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 23, 2011 Flag

This gorgeous butterfly, captured at two different angles, is enjoying the warm summer day in the sunshine. As it flies about, it stops on each of the wildflowers here in my mother's garden in Graham, KY. This photo was taken in July of 2010.

Photo of Butterfly Enjoys Sunshine and Wildflowers

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 3, 2012 Flag

Isn't it amazing and wonderful the exhibits we can view in Museums? When our Grandsons come from Ireland to visit we always visit our Museum of Natural History. They love it!

Gulf Fritillary Butterfly

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 21, 2014 Flag

One day, this butterfly appeared inside my screened-in porch. I choose to believe it is my dearest friend, passed 4 years ago, returning for a visit. It was our favorite place to sit, sip sweet tea and chat.

A black butterfly

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 17, 2012 Flag

Butterfly on lantana flower

Butterfly on lantana flower.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 6, 2010 Flag

This beautiful "tourist" was vacationing in my garden. Enjoying the colors!

butterfly on a flower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 26, 2010 Flag

This was taken in my sister in law's garden. The butterfly is so gorgeous and I loved that we were able to get such a great closeup of it. This is why we moved to the country, for the beauty that surrounds us every day.

Butterfly On Leaf

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 6, 2011 Flag

I caught a picture of this beautiful butterfly in my garden. She spent the better part of the morning going from bloom to bloom on my butterfly bush. I really feel grateful to have the chance to watch her for so long.

Butterfly on on Purple Flowers

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 29, 2011 Flag

I took a walk with my camera one day and when I got back home this butterfly was flying around and after awhile I finally caught a picture of him.

Large Yellow and Black Butterfly on a Flower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 3, 2012 Flag

Butterfly and bee busying themselves being nature's little helpers in my hedge.

Butterfly and Bee working near hedge

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 7, 2012 Flag

These photos were taken at a Butterfly sancuary. It was so beautifull! It reminds me of summer, which I am so looking foward to.

Butterfly Sanctuary (Hinsdale, MA)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 12, 2011 Flag

My daughter was chasing this pretty little yellow butterfly, and couldn't catch it. The next thing we knew, she was about to cry when she opened her eyes, and there it was! Right on her little nose! She was so excited!

I told her that it must have thought she was a flower with her pretty dress on and big ol' bow in hair! It was remarkable, and completely unforgettable! :)

By Nichole

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 3, 2010 Flag

While visiting the herb farm I ventured off into the butterfly garden. Such beauty! I am as free in the spirit as a butterfly because of Jesus. You can be too!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 30, 2010 Flag

Busy butterflies visiting my flower garden bringing happiness with them. Their fulfillment from the sweet nectar of the flower, mine from their sweet presence. Aahh, Summertime! What a wonderful season.

By Deborah

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 31, 2010 Flag

One of my cats was trying to catch this beauty in my backyard. The shiny green fly wanted to be seen too.

By Bugluvver

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 2, 2010 Flag

This was a butterfly in my yard.

By charlotte47

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 1, 2010 Flag

Saw this lovely butterfly in the butterfly exhibit at the Chattanooga TN Aquarium and quickly snapped the picture before the butterfly flew away.

By Amanda

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 18, 2010 Flag

A butterfly landed on my knee brace while I was sitting back and relaxing. I was able to take a bunch of photos of it. This one is one of my favorite, as the details of the butterfly just pop.

<P>By <a href="http://www.thri … nature</a>

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Photos WildlifeAugust 9, 2013
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Butterfly Feeder
Making a Butterfly Feeder
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:30:00 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 13 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.