Cleaning Ink Stains from a Coach Purse

Cleaning stains on an expensive purse without damaging it further needs to be done with care. This is a guide about cleaning ink stains from a Coach purse.

February 16, 2015 Flag

This is so very simple. I wish I had figured this out a long time ago. I had 100's of ink stains on the inside of my Coach bags. I had never tried to get them out, until the other day. I had an alcohol swab and began to rub and rub. Eventually all, yes all, of the ink marks came out. I couldn't believe it.

You will need a lot of alcohol swabs or just buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a thin cloth. You have to work at it for a little bit, but it works. Now I'm ready to sell what was once ready to throw out! I'll definitely get more money. I was excited it worked so well!

Later I'll post on how to clean the outside. There are two ways. Check for that post, coming soon. First I want to see how this works for you. Please post pics and let me know.

Top Comment

You were spot on in your advice! I had tons of pen marks in a Coach purse I glad and every single one came out! Thank you! Now any advice on how to clean a silvery metallic material purse?

November 17, 2011 Flag

I have a beige leather Coach bag with pen marks on the outside of the bag. How would you suggest removing pen stains?

By Irene

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Alcohol or hair spray

I had pen marks on a good leather bag and I used liquid dawn dish soap on a wet cloth; good as new.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceNovember 9, 2016
Coach Purse
Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Cleaning a Coach Purse
Cleaning a Coach Purse
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄