Cleaning Ink Stains from a Coach Purse

Cleaning stains on an expensive purse without damaging it further needs to be done with care. This is a guide about cleaning ink stains from a Coach purse.

This is so very simple. I wish I had figured this out a long time ago. I had 100's of ink stains on the inside of my Coach bags. I had never tried to get them out, until the other day. I had an alcohol swab and began to rub and rub. Eventually all, yes all, of the ink marks came out. I couldn't believe it.

You will need a lot of alcohol swabs or just buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a thin cloth. You have to work at it for a little bit, but it works. Now I'm ready to sell what was once ready to throw out! I'll definitely get more money. I was excited it worked so well!

Later I'll post on how to clean the outside. There are two ways. Check for that post, coming soon. First I want to see how this works for you. Please post pics and let me know.

Top Comment

You were spot on in your advice! I had tons of pen marks in a Coach purse I glad and every single one came out! Thank you! Now any advice on how to clean a silvery metallic material purse?

I have a beige leather Coach bag with pen marks on the outside of the bag. How would you suggest removing pen stains?

By Irene

Best Answer

Alcohol or hair spray

I had pen marks on a good leather bag and I used liquid dawn dish soap on a wet cloth; good as new.