Cleaning Kool-Aid Stains from Carpet

The thought of kids drinking Kool-aid on the carpet is enough to make any parent cringe. Those brightly colored stains are hard to remove. This is a guide about cleaning Kool-aid stains from carpet.

Photo of a kool-aid stain on carpet.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 14, 2010 Flag

How do I get Kool-Aid stains out of my carpet?

By Stacey from Strathmore, Alberta

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

The best way I know is to use your steam iron. Wet a white towel and wring it nearly dry. Turn your iron on the highest steam setting. Place the wet towel over the rug stain, then hold the iron a little above the towel and steam away. You may need to do this several times to get the entire stain out. You should be able to see the stain move from the rug into the wet cloth.

Read More Answers...

January 16, 2009 Flag

I spilled Hawaiian punch on my carpet and it dried a big red stain into my carpet. I tried resolve and spot shot and neither got them out by themselves. I found this website. Although it seems I couldn't find the original post. Here's how I got it out:

1. Put dish soap and water on the stain and let it set for about a minute.

2. Take a white t shirt and put it over the stain. Use the very edges so that you can repeat this step by using all the surface area of the t-shirt.

3. Take hot iron and run it over the t-shirt that is over the stain. you will start to notice the stain transferring onto the t-shirt. In my case, at the end of this procedure, my t -shirt was almost completely red and it also took out a lot of dirt that one might not notice.

Repeat these steps until it is all gone. It's like magic!

By John

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 31, 2011 Flag

How do I get Kool-Aid stains out of carpet?

By Patti from Pearson, GA

Best Answer

1/4 tsp. mild liquid dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of lukewarm water.

Blot the solution onto the stain. Work from the edges of the stain toward the center of the stain to ensure that you are not spreading it. Gently agitate rather than rub the stain and reapply solution as necessary. Keep blotting with a white cloth. If that does not work then use:

1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water.

Keep blotting the area with a white cloth until the stain no longer transfers onto the white cloth, not rubbing but pressing.

If this is not helping, then make up an ammonia solution, remember never to use any kind of bleach with ammonia, not even on a spot that had bleach on it. You could hurt yourself by the fumes.

Mix 1 Tbsp. of ammonia with 1 cup of water if the stain is still visible. Sometimes ammonia will lighten the carpet a touch.

Blessings, Robyn

August 22, 2011 Flag

How do I get a red Kool-Aid stain out of my carpet?

By LaRena713 from Galesburg, MI

Best Answer

I use oxyclean with good results, and a scrub brush.

March 20, 2012 Flag

I've got two big red stains in my carpet. I don't know what it is, Kool-aid or some kind of red drink

By Olga

I have had good success using vinegar to remove old wine stains.

January 20, 2011 Flag

How do I remove a red Kool-Aid stain from carpet?

Maury-RN from Hixson, TN

Answers:

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

I used the steam iron and damp towel after I sprayed the stain with a water and a little dish liquid and it

worked! After about 3 times, the stain just disappeared! Thanks so much. (08/25/2007)

By Jai

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

I used the iron and sprayed it with Grease Lightning prior and let it set for 15 minutes. It all came out! And it

was a 4 hour old Kool-Aid stain! I am so amazed! It took about 15 minutes of the iron over the towel trick, but it

worked and every little bit came out! Thanks. (01/29/2008)

By yowsers!

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

The stain got lighter, but it's still there. My suggestion is to go and buy new carpet!
(06/15/2008)

By lmanso from Snellville, GA

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

The steam iron works. Don't mix too much Dawn with water, about 10 parts water to 1 Dawn, it can take color out

of carpet. To recolor go to hobby/craft shop and buy color pen inks (like a Sharpie). One brand is Prismacolor.

They're used to color cloth craft projects. You will need several color combo's to match rug and "clear blender"

color to blend. Lasts about two years on rug even with rug cleaner. (08/14/2008)

By Don w

Red Stain out of White Carpet

Water spilled over onto a red velvet tree skirt this Christmas and then soaked the carpet behind the tree with red

dye. Although I noticed it when it was still wet, it was after the tree was decorated and in place, so rather than

move the tree and deal with it then, I waited, three weeks. I took the tree down today and there the spot was in

its dark pink glory.

I got out the Bissell and all the chemicals I could find, including peroxide, baking soda, alcohol, and various

carpet cleaners. I went over the spot for three hours with that approach, which resulted in an improvement,

however, there was still a faint pink area on my white carpet. I went to the internet and searched for help and

found this site. Amen! I applied stick Spray N Wash because that was all I had, a white t-shirt and hot iron.

Within 20 minutes, the stain disappeared. Amazing. Thank you. (01/03/2009)

By Susan

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

I have no idea what the stain was on my off white Berber carpet, I just knew there was this dried magenta red

mess. I tried special carpet stain remover, laundry stain remover and no effect. I read these posts and figured I

had nothing to lose. To my amazement, it worked! I love Dawn, but didn't have any, so I just used Safeway store

brand. This will be one tip I will remember and share with all my friends. (12/14/2010)

By tututens

November 8, 2010 Flag

How do you get red Kool-aid out of carpet?

By ajax from Bloomington, IN

September 28, 2010 Flag

How can I get red Kool-Aid stains out of the carpet?

By Teresa from UT

Answers:

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

This works! We have an RV that had a huge red Crystal Light stain on the carpet. The Dawn/water mixture and my Rowenta iron lightened the stain to almost nothing. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't seem to work right away, it took a little while, but it does work! Saved the carpet! (07/19/2010)

By nicevillejen

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

Toothpaste works wonders, and also a small amount of Dawn dish-washing liquid will help to remove the red stain. (07/20/2010)

By syballee

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

Been there with red kool-aid. One word; Spotshot. You can buy it at Walmart for around $3.00. The stuff is worth every penny. Works on other stains as well. (07/27/2010)

By Candy Red Supra

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

Hi Teresa. Awhile ago a wonderful Thrifty Fun reader wrote in about using shaving cream to get stains out of carpets. I have used the tip and shared it with everyone I know. Try it, you will be surprised how well it really works. (They sell it at the Dollar Store.) I now use shaving cream on all sorts of things and found it to be GREAT! (07/27/2010)

By Tedebear

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

This really worked, thanks all! I tried it only because I have taken wax out of carpet and clothes using an iron and a brown paper bag. I figured that at this point it was my last option, and it was a success! (09/13/2010)

By Mrs.Scarvace

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

Okay, so I had two very pink spots on my beige carpet and we are renting. I was so nervous that these wouldn't come out. I tried the rug doctor, Resolve, some other very strong stain remover from Lowe's. Nothing worked. One was some pink ice cream for dogs, the other dog puked (it was pink from his food). I tried this method and within minutes it worked! The ice cream one was at least 6 months old and the food one about a few days! I recommend it! And I can't believe it worked! :) (09/14/2010)

By Marinewyf

July 20, 2010 Flag

How do I remove red Kool-aid stains from carpet?

June 24, 2010 Flag

I am looking for info on getting red punch Kool-Aid stain out of white upholstery.

June 12, 2010 Flag

I have a red Kool-Aid stain that I have already used a carpet cleaner on. What else can I use to get the stain out of my carpet?

May 11, 2010 Flag

How do I clean red Kool Aid out of white carpet?

April 11, 2010 Flag

We recently bought a condo, unfortunately the people living before us left red Kool-aid stains in the beige carpet. I have been trying for 6 months to clean it with little luck, any suggestions?

March 2, 2010 Flag

How can I remove red Kool-Aid from a beige carpet?

January 3, 2010 Flag

I need to know how to get red Kool aid out of my carpet.

August 12, 2009 Flag

How do you get red Kool Aid out of carpet? It is on beige carpet, I have tried everything to clean it up.

June 16, 2009 Flag

How do I remove red Kool Aid stain from carpet?

April 28, 2009 Flag

How do I remove red Kool-aid from carpet?

March 31, 2009 Flag

How do you remove red Kool-aid stains from carpet?

December 2, 2008 Flag

I am needing help in getting red kool-aid and soda out of my carpet I have tried hydrogen peroxide and its not helping.

November 5, 2008 Flag

How do you get red kool-aid out of carpet?

July 23, 2007 Flag

My son just spilled red Koolaid on our carpeting and I need help removing it. Any suggestions?

June 16, 2007 Flag

Anybody know what will get out red kool-aid from kids bedroom carpet?

December 29, 2006 Flag

I need advice on getting stains out of carpet. A couple months ago someone got sick on my floor. Please help me to get the koolaid stains out of carpet before my lease is up.

Drink Stain on Carpet
Cleaning Drink Stains on Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 28, 2016 at 8:05:17 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 716 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.