Question

Share | Account | About
Share>Account>About>

Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in California

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
A cat getting a check-up from a veterinarian.

When looking for veterinarian services it helps to find a clinic you can afford. This guide is about finding free or low cost pet clinics in California.

Here are questions related to Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in California.

Question: Finding a Low or No cost Vet in Modesto Area

Reddish brown and white Pit.I have a 2 1/2 yr old Pit Bull that is the love of our lives. I just got laid off from my job. I think she has a foxtail in her nose or something. She has no energy and is sneezing a lot. Her nose keeps running and she is really hot. We had to move and barely covered our rent. Normally I could afford a down payment, but this had to happen after getting laid off. Help! I am single mom in Modesto.

By Tracy

Most Recent Answer

By NEWFIEGIRL10/21/2013

Your Dog needs Veterinarian attention..

Question: Finding a Low Cost Veterinary Surgeon

My dog needs surgery. She broke her front leg Sunday and I need a specialist according to the vet I took her to. I need a low cost specialist. Does anyone know where I can find one ASAP? Do you know if the specialist surgeon will let you make payments?

By Stephanie

Most Recent Answer

By Dinah Ackerson09/10/2013

Your vet can refer you to a specialist and you can discuss payment arrangements with the specialist's office.

Question: Finding a Vet Practice That Accepts Payments

My dog needs medical attention ASAP. I don't have money at the moment I spend my last 135$ on getting my dog a shot for his seizures.

By Angie from Panorama

Most Recent Answer

By Stephanie01/26/2014

Contact your local Humane Societies. They usually have programs that help loving owners keep their pets. The website for my local humane society lists several clinics as well as some organizations that can help provide financial assistance to low income families in need of veterinary care.

Question: Finding a Vet That Takes Payments

My male kitty is nearly 2 years old. For about the past six months or so I have been keeping him indoors. He is not neutered. I am going to get him neutered, ASAP, the problem is he is very tricky and an escape artist. He is also one to roam and fight and comes home so beat up. Please do not judge, I love this animal very much and I do my very best to keep him protected.

However, his injuries (mostly lumps deep scratches) literally take him a couple of weeks to heal up and with other people in the home, he has gotten into the last two fights while injured. I think his paw is infected and has something stuck in it. It is swollen and he is limping and will not let me even look.

I am an unemployed single-mom. This is killing me to not be able to take him to the cat clinic and have him mended and medicated, and neutered! My question is: Does anyone know of a vet in the Pasadena, Arcadia, or surrounding San Gabriel Valley who will provide services for a very small amount of cash during first visit. I am willing to make payments, but they won't be much until I am working. Thank you for taking the time to answer, have a nice evening.

By Monique C.

Best Answer

By Lizzyanny01/17/2014

Check with local cat rescues and see what they can offer. Also the Humane Society. Usually it is free or $20. Vets in the PNW offer "Care Credit" where you can charge the procedure and pay it off on time interest free. Many Vets have a fund for needed care for people who cannot pay. Call around and you should be able to find one. Good luck.

Question: Finding a Low Cost Vet Clinic

Where is a low cost or free pet clinic?

By Marina

Most Recent Answer

By Stephanie [111]01/31/2014

Check your local Humane Society's Website. They usually have a list.

Question: Free Pet Clinic Near Sacrmento

I have a dog who is sick. I need to know if there is a free pet clinic in the area of Sacramento, California.

By Shelletha

Question: Low Cost Pet Clinic in California

I have a kitty that got out and seems to be doing better, but favoring one paw significantly. I need an affordable x-ray done so no more than 100.00 or so, or a Vet that can at least accept payment plans. I am willing to travel as far as Roseville, Folsom/Granite Bay, Davis, Elk Grove, and surrounding areas.

Thank you.

By JD

Question: Low Cost Vet Near Rosemead California

Does anyone know of a low cost or free vet near Rosemead, California, 91770? I recently picked a cat up off the streets and I have taken him in and today I noticed that his paw is broken. I am a single mother of 5.

By Mary

Most Recent Answer

By Sherri07/03/2013

Hello...
How nice of you to take care of this precious fur-baby. Please go to your local shelter/Veterinarians and ask them how much it wll cost to treat him/her. This cat needs to have treatment ASAP. Having a broken paw is VERY painful and he will not be able to walk on it very long. Also, it might just be a sprain but an X-Ray will tell you. Either way, this cat needs to be seen by a Veterinarian for treatmernt. Good luck

Question: Low Cost Vet for Dog Surgery

I have a dog that needs surgery. She has a tumor. I wonder where I can take her. Does anyone know of a low cost clinic that I can go to? I can't afford to pay much. Thanks.

By Hugo from San Fernando Valley, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Debi savicky01/08/2013

You can call your local Humane Society or animal shelter and they can give you a low cost or sliding scale fee vet.

Question: Low Cost Vet Near Gilroy California

I just brought my cat to the motel were I live. I'm homeless. He is 16 years old. He has been very aggressive with the other cats and even with me. I pick him up and he growls. He sits on the bed and he makes a sound like he is in pain. He eats, but hasn't used the litter box. It's been 4 days. I can't afford a vet, so I'm looking for one who is low cost or even free to have him checked in Gilroy California.

By ROYALDIGNITYSOTO from Gilroy, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny12/26/2012

If your cat isnt using the litterbox, and appears to be in pain, his bladder may be blocked. This is a life threatening emergency. Death often follows within 48 hours of a stone blocking the bladder. Your cat needs to see a Vet immediately. He can be saved, but not if you dont act immediately. You may be able to find a local animal shelter with lower rates, or a Vet with a fund for helping folks in your situation. But you need to do it right now. Best of luck to you and your cat. Let us know how things work out for you.

Question: Low Cost or Payment Veterinary Clinic in San Fernando Valley

i need to find a low cost veterinary hospital or clinic in the San Fernando valley.

By Patty from Tujunga, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Anonymous05/14/2012

Call all three of these numbers that are in or near your area. I am certain one or all of them will have a list of names and numbers they can give you for the help you're seeking. If one or more of the names and numbers they recommend are the same then you know for certain that one or two are highly trustworthy.

Friends For Pets Foundation
818-767-5919
11117 Fleetwood St
Sun Valley, CA 91352

Pet Rescue Association
818-767-4400
8906 Norris Ave
Sun Valley, CA 91352

Glendale Humane Society
818-242-1128
717 Ivy St
Glendale, CA 91204

Question: Low Cost Vet Near Los Angeles, California

I was wondering where are there vets in the Los Angeles area that aren't too expensive. My dog needs surgery on his right hind leg and the cost would be about $1,400. Are there any vets that charge less ? Thank you.

By Jamie P.

Most Recent Answer

By joan01/19/2012

For things like this, try the animal welfare league.

Question: Free or Low-Cost Veterinary Services in Sacramento California

I desperately need to find a free or very low-cost veterinary clinic to take my 5 month old female cat to. She's suffering from ear mites, needs all of her vaccinations, and needs to be spayed! Any suggestions where I can take her in the Sacramento, California 95821 area?

By S.W.

Most Recent Answer

By panickonthis08/16/2013

Hi, the SPCA will spay and give shots to your cat for 20.00. All you need do is call for a voucher and then keep your appointment. I've used this service many times as I foster kittens every season. It's a wonderful program.

Question: Low Cost Pet Clinic Near South Gate California

We have a dog named Kenny. My son brought him home (it was given to him) 2yrs ago. When he first got him we noticed a hanging foreskin on the bottom of his stomach, which we were told it was a cyst. Well last week my son took him to a vet (clinic) because it had grown bigger with blisters and they told us he has a tumor. We need a low cost or free clinic we can go to. This is our very first dog and we don't want to lose him. Can anyone help with suggestions?

By Catalina from South Gate, CA

Question: Finding Free or Low Cost Veterinary Care in Southern California

My Newty is 11 years old. She's the oldest of two cats and she has an undiagnosed lump on top of her rear end. It looks like it has opened. She's on pain medication and antibiotics, because that's all that I can afford. I was told it needs to be removed, but I don't have the money to help her the way I should.

Can anyone refer me to a service or low/no cost vet that helps people that cannot afford a pet's medical bills? I'm simply not ready to let Newty out of my life. Thank you!

By Angie from Pasadena, CA

Most Recent Answer

By lamorenadana10/30/2013

1. Pasadena Humane Society (626) 792-7151
2. Animal Specialty Group in Glendale (818) 244-7977
Good Luck!

Question: Low Cost Vet Clinic Near Oceanside California

Where can I find a vet that will work with low income families? I can't afford much and my dog needs immediate medical attention. She has some kind of tumor looking growth. I don't know what it is exactly and I know she needs to be seen. Please help me.

By Julie from Oceanside, CA

Question: Low Cost Vet Clinic In or Near San Pablo California

Where can I get low cost vet help? I am a single father with an 11 year old daughter. We have a dog that got bitten by the neighbor's dog and he might need stitches. Can someone refer me to a vet hospital that can help me with this problem? I do have 200.00 dollars for tomorrow.

By Herbert from San Pablo, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Lisa07/23/2010

I'm sorry, I'm in a different part of the country, so I can't help with finding a vet. But when I've heard of people being in similar situations (one dog bitten/injured by another), the owner of the dog that did the biting has paid the vet bills. I don't know if it's because that's their legal resposibility, or they've done it out of a sense of moral obligation. We don't know the entire situation (Like were they being irresponsible and letting their dog run loose? Or is their dog known to be vicious, and they didn't have good control over it?), but if they/their dog was in the wrong, why not ask them to pay for or at least help with the bill?

I hope you can get some good care for your dog, and the he has a quick recovery. Best of luck!

Question: Low Cost Pet Clinic in Stockton California

I have 2 twelve week old kittens and they haven't had any of their shots yet. We are a low income family. My husband is the only one that works. So is there a vet that is free or that will except cash payments in Stockton California?

By Jennifer from Stockton, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Carol06/15/2010

The humane society has discounts and places like petsmart have discount clinics so do some vet offices. You may want to call the humane society they should be able to tell you who has the discount shot clinics.

Question: Low-Cost Vets Near Riverside, CA

My pet may have broken his leg. Where is there a low cost/no cost vet?

By Jimmy from Riverside, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Tahloolabelle01/19/2010

I don't know what the charges would be, BUT the finest vet I ever used was Michael Butchko in Rubidoux. He was my go-to vet for over 15 years. I really wish I lived closer now so that I could use him. Have you spoken to anyone about taking payments? Good luck on that!

Question: Low Cost Veterinary Practice Near Pacoima, California

My pet has a wound on his back. He was OK, but now he is leaping and moping around and he has no appetite. Should I be concerned? I need to locate a low in-come veterinary practice in my area.

By Irma from Pacoima, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Laura12/25/2009

Holiday Humane Society Clinic Inc

Address:
7301 Fulton Avenue
North Hollywood, CA 91605-4114
(818) 765-8196

I just googled it. It seems to be about 10 to 15 minutes from where you are. Call right away for an appointment.

Question: Low Cost Veterinary Clinics in San Fernando Valley, CA

Where could I find a low cost veterinary in San Fernando Valley, CA

Jessica from Sylmar, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Michelle11/13/2009

Collett Vet Hospital
13815 Sayre Street, Sylmar, CA 91342
(818) 364-1544

Great vets & very reasonable prices. I recommend them highly! I have a friend that drives from Venice to this vet; very, very good!

Solutions: Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in California

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!