Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in California

When looking for veterinarian services it helps to find a clinic you can afford. This guide is about finding free or low cost pet clinics in California.

A cat getting a check-up from a veterinarian.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

2 of my dogs got hit yesterday in a hit and run. One died, the other has broken legs. Does anyone know of low cost clinic or a vet that takes payments in Bakersfield California?

By Stacey

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Contact your local humane society or shelter. They offer care but if you cannot pay for it, you will need to surrender your dog. and they will own it and make decisions on its' future. Not a great answer but it does prevent your dog from suffering further.

Read More Answers...

My male kitty is nearly 2 years old. For about the past six months or so I have been keeping him indoors. He is not neutered. I am going to get him neutered, ASAP, the problem is he is very tricky and an escape artist. He is also one to roam and fight and comes home so beat up. Please do not judge, I love this animal very much and I do my very best to keep him protected.

However, his injuries (mostly lumps deep scratches) literally take him a couple of weeks to heal up and with other people in the home, he has gotten into the last two fights while injured. I think his paw is infected and has something stuck in it. It is swollen and he is limping and will not let me even look.

I am an unemployed single-mom. This is killing me to not be able to take him to the cat clinic and have him mended and medicated, and neutered! My question is: Does anyone know of a vet in the Pasadena, Arcadia, or surrounding San Gabriel Valley who will provide services for a very small amount of cash during first visit. I am willing to make payments, but they won't be much until I am working. Thank you for taking the time to answer, have a nice evening.

By Monique C.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Check with local cat rescues and see what they can offer. Also the Humane Society. Usually it is free or $20. Vets in the PNW offer "Care Credit" where you can charge the procedure and pay it off on time interest free. Many Vets have a fund for needed care for people who cannot pay. Call around and you should be able to find one. Good luck.

Read More Answers...

Does anyone know where a Pit puppy can be seen here in Stockton California? I believe the dog has a broken back leg/hip injury and it's owner can not afford to take the puppy to a vet hospital. I wrapped it with an ace bandage for now, but the poor thing can't walk. He literally just folds when we tried to stand him on all fours. Thank you for any advice you can share.

Pam for Blu Boy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The owner really does just need to surrender the dog. Is there a pit bull breed rescue in your area? Google it. If there's one even in your state they may come far to pick up the puppy.

Since it is a puppy, the dog can get help and be fostered through the healing process and then adopted out.

You need to have a stern, serious talk with this friend of yours once this puppy is safely away. No more animals! If they can't afford: Vaccinations, spay/neuter, license, tags, and some put aside for emergency vet care, they can't afford a pet.

Read More Answers...

I'm living in my van and can't afford much, but am willing to pay some amount. My dog needs 2 molars removed.

By Pat from Gilroy, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check with local Humane Society and ASPCA organizations; they may know of someone who can help. For instance when I had a kitten I rescued, I called them to see where I could take him for a low cost, because I was low income. At the time, there happened to be a veterinary clinic that operated on a sliding income scale, so you paid what you could afford, dependent on income. Can't hurt to call around. Bless you for wanting to take care of your pup, and for not abandoning him because of your current situation.

Read More Answers...

Reddish brown and white Pit.I have a 2 1/2 yr old Pit Bull that is the love of our lives. I just got laid off from my job. I think she has a foxtail in her nose or something. She has no energy and is sneezing a lot. Her nose keeps running and she is really hot. We had to move and barely covered our rent. Normally I could afford a down payment, but this had to happen after getting laid off. Help! I am single mom in Modesto.

By Tracy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Your Dog needs Veterinarian attention..

Read More Answers...

I need a low cost vet. My dog needs X-rays, but I can't afford much. I love my dog and don't want to cheap out, but I just can't afford hundred dollar X-rays plus additional expenses for whatever might be wrong

By Cindy from Riverside, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You need to be able to afford a Vet if you want to be a pet owner. Your local humane society will provide care for your dog at no cost to you. Then they will put the dog up for adoption. That might be your best bet. Letting your dog suffer wouldn't be a good choice.

Read More Answers...

I need to find a vet who will accept payments or a free clinic for a life threating surgery. My smooth Chihuahua has a herniatic cyst and it's getting bigger by the day. Last year I rescued her after she was mauled by a Pit Bull. I luv her so much and don't want her to die. Please help me find a vet. The places I've called won't help due to my credit. I'm in Stockton California 95205.

By Martha

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try your humane society to find low cost Vets. Local dog rescues can sometimes help. get creative maybe a local Vet would barter with you, you could trade cleaning chores for Vet work. Consider a second job. My local Vet has a jar on his counter for contributions for Vet care for folks that have hit a rough patch. Get on the phone and good luck.

My dog needs surgery. She broke her front leg Sunday and I need a specialist according to the vet I took her to. I need a low cost specialist. Does anyone know where I can find one ASAP? Do you know if the specialist surgeon will let you make payments?

By Stephanie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Your vet can refer you to a specialist and you can discuss payment arrangements with the specialist's office.

I have a dog that needs surgery. She has a tumor. I wonder where I can take her. Does anyone know of a low cost clinic that I can go to? I can't afford to pay much. Thanks.

By Hugo from San Fernando Valley, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can call your local Humane Society or animal shelter and they can give you a low cost or sliding scale fee vet.

Read More Answers...

I desperately need to find a free or very low-cost veterinary clinic to take my 5 month old female cat to. She's suffering from ear mites, needs all of her vaccinations, and needs to be spayed! Any suggestions where I can take her in the Sacramento, California 95821 area?

By S.W.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi, the SPCA will spay and give shots to your cat for 20.00. All you need do is call for a voucher and then keep your appointment. I've used this service many times as I foster kittens every season. It's a wonderful program.

Read More Answers...

My Pekinese, Mojo it seems has to have 3 teeth pulled. Went to a new vet and was told this procedure was about $650. I can't afford this since I'm on medical disability, was laid-off as director 6 yrs ago. My two dogs are the only precious creatures that keep my physical pain in check. Please offer suggestions, referrals, or ideas. Thanks

By Chris P.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Call your humane society. Many offer low cost services. Check with different local Vets. Some have funds for this kind of thing. Many offer "care credit" a no interest loan that you can pay off in installments. Some Vets take payments. Also check with local dog rescues. They often know of low cost Vet care. Nearly any dental work will be in the $500 range at full price. Good luck!

My dog needs medical attention ASAP. I don't have money at the moment I spend my last 135$ on getting my dog a shot for his seizures.

By Angie from Panorama

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Contact your local Humane Societies. They usually have programs that help loving owners keep their pets. The website for my local humane society lists several clinics as well as some organizations that can help provide financial assistance to low income families in need of veterinary care.

Where is a low cost or free pet clinic?

By Marina

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check your local Humane Society's Website. They usually have a list.

Does anyone know of a low cost or free vet near Rosemead, California, 91770? I recently picked a cat up off the streets and I have taken him in and today I noticed that his paw is broken. I am a single mother of 5.

By Mary

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hello...

How nice of you to take care of this precious fur-baby. Please go to your local shelter/Veterinarians and ask them how much it wll cost to treat him/her. This cat needs to have treatment ASAP. Having a broken paw is VERY painful and he will not be able to walk on it very long. Also, it might just be a sprain but an X-Ray will tell you. Either way, this cat needs to be seen by a Veterinarian for treatmernt. Good luck

I just brought my cat to the motel were I live. I'm homeless. He is 16 years old. He has been very aggressive with the other cats and even with me. I pick him up and he growls. He sits on the bed and he makes a sound like he is in pain. He eats, but hasn't used the litter box. It's been 4 days. I can't afford a vet, so I'm looking for one who is low cost or even free to have him checked in Gilroy California.

By ROYALDIGNITYSOTO from Gilroy, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If your cat isnt using the litterbox, and appears to be in pain, his bladder may be blocked. This is a life threatening emergency. Death often follows within 48 hours of a stone blocking the bladder. Your cat needs to see a Vet immediately. He can be saved, but not if you dont act immediately. You may be able to find a local animal shelter with lower rates, or a Vet with a fund for helping folks in your situation. But you need to do it right now. Best of luck to you and your cat. Let us know how things work out for you.

My pet may have broken his leg. Where is there a low cost/no cost vet?

By Jimmy from Riverside, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know what the charges would be, BUT the finest vet I ever used was Michael Butchko in Rubidoux. He was my go-to vet for over 15 years. I really wish I lived closer now so that I could use him. Have you spoken to anyone about taking payments? Good luck on that!

Read More Answers...

i need to find a low cost veterinary hospital or clinic in the San Fernando valley.

By Patty from Tujunga, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Call all three of these numbers that are in or near your area. I am certain one or all of them will have a list of names and numbers they can give you for the help you're seeking. If one or more of the names and numbers they recommend are the same then you know for certain that one or two are highly trustworthy.

Friends For Pets Foundation

818-767-5919

11117 Fleetwood St

Sun Valley, CA 91352

Pet Rescue Association

818-767-4400

8906 Norris Ave

Sun Valley, CA 91352

Glendale Humane Society

818-242-1128

717 Ivy St

Glendale, CA 91204

I was wondering where are there vets in the Los Angeles area that aren't too expensive. My dog needs surgery on his right hind leg and the cost would be about $1,400. Are there any vets that charge less ? Thank you.

By Jamie P.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For things like this, try the animal welfare league.

Load More
    Pets HealthMay 6, 2013
    Minnesota
    Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in Minnesota
    A cat with an empty food dish.
    Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
    A happy veterinarian holding a dog and a cat.
    Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in New York
    Legoland California
    California Frugal Travel Guide
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 4:04:16 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 362 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.