Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in California

When looking for veterinarian services it helps to find a clinic you can afford. This guide is about finding free or low cost pet clinics in California.

June 25, 2016 Flag

I am glad to have found this community. I am hoping someone will able to help me. I'm looking for a vet or a place were I can take loyal friend and companion, my baby girl, Gypsy. She has been with me 13 years and together we have been through many things. She is a miniature American Eskimo and has had issues with her hair falling out, with scabs and a smell. She has severe arthritis and her back legs just don't give anymore. It's so painful. I am having to pick her up carry her outside for her to relieve herself.

She is not active and just wants to sleep. She does not get up to eat sometimes and she is falling down over and over. I can't even cut her nails because of how much it hurts her. The vet I have says as long as they can help the pain they don't believe in putting her down.

Her hair is falling out more and more. I brushed it and it filled half of a trash bag. I love her dearly and I just can't see her like this anymore. I got her when she was 5 weeks old. I live in the San Fernando Valley. Can someone can tell me were they can put her to sleep and take away her pain. It must be for a low income pet owner. I would like to get some of her ashes. I would appreciate any information. I'm so sad, but I would be selfish just giving her medication for pain when in reality I know her health will just degenerate with time. Thank you.

Can you let me know what vet you go too? I need to put my pet down and I just can't afford the high fees.

January 15, 2014 Flag

My male kitty is nearly 2 years old. For about the past six months or so I have been keeping him indoors. He is not neutered. I am going to get him neutered, ASAP, the problem is he is very tricky and an escape artist. He is also one to roam and fight and comes home so beat up. Please do not judge, I love this animal very much and I do my very best to keep him protected.

However, his injuries (mostly lumps deep scratches) literally take him a couple of weeks to heal up and with other people in the home, he has gotten into the last two fights while injured. I think his paw is infected and has something stuck in it. It is swollen and he is limping and will not let me even look.

I am an unemployed single-mom. This is killing me to not be able to take him to the cat clinic and have him mended and medicated, and neutered! My question is: Does anyone know of a vet in the Pasadena, Arcadia, or surrounding San Gabriel Valley who will provide services for a very small amount of cash during first visit. I am willing to make payments, but they won't be much until I am working. Thank you for taking the time to answer, have a nice evening.

By Monique C.

Best Answer

Check with local cat rescues and see what they can offer. Also the Humane Society. Usually it is free or $20. Vets in the PNW offer "Care Credit" where you can charge the procedure and pay it off on time interest free. Many Vets have a fund for needed care for people who cannot pay. Call around and you should be able to find one. Good luck.

April 7, 2015 Flag

2 of my dogs got hit yesterday in a hit and run. One died, the other has broken legs. Does anyone know of low cost clinic or a vet that takes payments in Bakersfield California?

By Stacey

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Contact your local humane society or shelter. They offer care but if you cannot pay for it, you will need to surrender your dog. and they will own it and make decisions on its' future. Not a great answer but it does prevent your dog from suffering further.

December 29, 2014 Flag

I need a low cost vet. My dog needs X-rays, but I can't afford much. I love my dog and don't want to cheap out, but I just can't afford hundred dollar X-rays plus additional expenses for whatever might be wrong

By Cindy from Riverside, CA

You need to be able to afford a Vet if you want to be a pet owner. Your local humane society will provide care for your dog at no cost to you. Then they will put the dog up for adoption. That might be your best bet. Letting your dog suffer wouldn't be a good choice.

June 23, 2015 Flag

Does anyone know where a Pit puppy can be seen here in Stockton California? I believe the dog has a broken back leg/hip injury and it's owner can not afford to take the puppy to a vet hospital. I wrapped it with an ace bandage for now, but the poor thing can't walk. He literally just folds when we tried to stand him on all fours. Thank you for any advice you can share.

Pam for Blu Boy

Get the puppy to a no kill shelter where it can get help. If not treated right away injuries like the puppy has cannot be helped.

October 19, 2013 Flag

I have a 2 1/2 yr old Pit Bull that is the love of our lives. I just got laid off from my job. I think she has a foxtail in her nose or something. She has no energy and is sneezing a lot. Her nose keeps running and she is really hot. We had to move and barely covered our rent. Normally I could afford a down payment, but this had to happen after getting laid off. Help! I am single mom in Modesto.

By Tracy

Try calling your local ASPCA and explain your predicament. Ask if they can recommend someone who will help.

March 12, 2015 Flag

I'm living in my van and can't afford much, but am willing to pay some amount. My dog needs 2 molars removed.

By Pat from Gilroy, CA

Very difficult as Vets have to pay their bills also. You can call the local vets in the Gilroy and San Jose areas to find possibilities. Also, VIP Pet Care has a clinic in San Jose that offers walk in services inside a Pet Food Express store. They will examine, give shots, etc., but do not handle dental problems. You can call them to see if they can make a recommendation in the area.

800.427.7973.

October 11, 2011 Flag

I desperately need to find a free or very low-cost veterinary clinic to take my 5 month old female cat to. She's suffering from ear mites, needs all of her vaccinations, and needs to be spayed! Any suggestions where I can take her in the Sacramento, California 95821 area?

By S.W.

Wow, if every person that couldn't afford expensive vet fees got rid of their animals there would be 100x the amount of animals that get euthanized. Think before you speak

September 10, 2013 Flag

My dog needs surgery. She broke her front leg Sunday and I need a specialist according to the vet I took her to. I need a low cost specialist. Does anyone know where I can find one ASAP? Do you know if the specialist surgeon will let you make payments?

By Stephanie

Your vet can refer you to a specialist and you can discuss payment arrangements with the specialist's office.

January 5, 2013 Flag

I have a dog that needs surgery. She has a tumor. I wonder where I can take her. Does anyone know of a low cost clinic that I can go to? I can't afford to pay much. Thanks.

By Hugo from San Fernando Valley, CA

Don't just go to low cost Vet. Some are what you would call a butcher. Your dog could have more problems afterwards. Then you would have to go through more surgeries to correct. Please check out the Vet's background first.

March 17, 2015 Flag

I need to find a vet who will accept payments or a free clinic for a life threating surgery. My smooth Chihuahua has a herniatic cyst and it's getting bigger by the day. Last year I rescued her after she was mauled by a Pit Bull. I luv her so much and don't want her to die. Please help me find a vet. The places I've called won't help due to my credit. I'm in Stockton California 95205.

By Martha

Try your humane society to find low cost Vets. Local dog rescues can sometimes help. get creative maybe a local Vet would barter with you, you could trade cleaning chores for Vet work. Consider a second job. My local Vet has a jar on his counter for contributions for Vet care for folks that have hit a rough patch. Get on the phone and good luck.

Load More
Pets HealthMay 6, 2013
Minnesota
Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in Minnesota
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
A happy veterinarian holding a dog and a cat.
Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in New York
Legoland California
California Frugal Travel Guide
🎉
🎄