Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Finding Replacement Gaskets for Glass Canister

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
glass canister and gasket

It can be difficult to find the right sized gasket for an older glass container. This guide is about finding replacement gaskets for glass canister.

Here are questions related to Finding Replacement Gaskets for Glass Canister.

Question: Shopping for Glass Canister Gaskets

Glass canisters in rack.I'm looking for seals for my glass canisters. I need 3 1/2 inch in size. Where can I find some?

By Tonya Y from Joshua, TX

Most Recent Answer

By Beth B.03/25/2013

My Ace Hardware reliably has them! If not there, then Sur la Table, but they're bound to be more expensive there.

Question: Gasket For Lidded Cookie Jar

I bought a glass cookie jar that sits on it's side with a wooden lid. The lid has no gasket to fit tight to the jar. Does anyone know where I could get one? I have tried Google and haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Would silicone work on the lid to make a tight fit? I'm hoping someone can help me, I really like the jar. Thanks so much.

Joyce from Coffeyville, Kansas

Best Answers

By melody_yesterday10/15/2008

I had a thought of this today after reading this post a couple days ago: Wrap Saran wrap or other similar plastic wrap tightly around the inner part of the lid where the seal is missing.
.
Tear off a piece long enough to go around that part of the jar at least one time & twist it starting at a corner very tightly until it is all twisted & secure it. Which ever of the tips by readers work for you, it would be interesting to know!

Best Answers

By Kim Churchman10/13/2008

I would use silicone caulk, but I would put it between two sheets of waxed paper or something. Then I would trim it to fit with scissors. Try looking on eBay first, because there are still manufacturers of those gaskets making them.

Best Answers

By Tina Siegl10/09/2008

I have two things to suggest. The first is a large, thick rubber band wrapped around the area of the lid that would normally be covered by a gasket. The second is to run a thick band of hot glue in that area to mimick a gasket.

Solutions: Finding Replacement Gaskets for Glass Canister

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!