Finding the Value of Encyclopedia Britannica Encyclopedias

Sets of these often updated reference books are not as useful as they used to be, since the advent of the computer. This guide is about finding the value of Encyclopedia Britannica encyclopedias.

November 28, 2016 Flag

I have a complete set of the 1960 Children's Britannica in decent condition. What is the ball park figure in terms of value and the best way to sell if I decide to?
Thanks.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You will be lucky to get $20 for the whole set. I have seen encyclopedias for sale at garage sales and they are practically given away. They make nice references for some things but a lot of the info is outdated and with computers so handy as a source of info, no one wants the books.

December 2, 2014 Flag

Hi, for everyone asking questions as to the value of Encyclopaedia Britannica sets, the basic guideline is that the 1st up until the 8th Editions have great collector values, defined by condition. The 9th and 10th Editions are so numerous that they are of small value; up to maybe $3-500 in good condition. Anything after the 11th, 12th, 13th (1910-1928) is basically worthless.

Where do I find it

September 12, 2016 Flag

What would the value of a 1891 set of encyclopedia Britannica be in mint condition?

I have a mint condition 1890 set, which I want sell. What is it worth please?

Tim carter

October 22, 2016 Flag

I have a set of platinum edition Encyclopedia Britannica. It is set number 26062. I am wondering if they are worth anything? They are in excellent condition.

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias, dictionaries and reference books but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigs List and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

*

May 20, 2016 Flag

I am just wondering how much a set of 1969 Encyclopedia Britannica 23 volumes, white in color is worth. I saw it on eBay for $899 and wondering if it is accurate.

Thanks.

Oh oops, you are right. That is a typo. I meant 26. Thank you!

August 31, 2016 Flag

I have two sets of Encyclopedia Britannica. One set is more than 55 years old, and the other is 20 years.

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias and reference books but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

September 21, 2016 Flag

I would like to know if my Encyclopedia Britannica 15th Edition printed in the USA in 1979, in good condition and complete is worth something? Thank you.

July 19, 2016 Flag

I inherited a set of Britannica Micropaedia (1-12) and Macropaedia (13-29) plus annual volume, Guide Book and indexes of A-K and L-Z. I is a fifteenth edition printed in 1985 in U.S.A. The Library of Congress catalog card number is 83-83118 and the International Standard book number is 0-85229-423-9. Can anyone help me to assess it's market value to date? Thank you.

July 15, 2016 Flag

How can I find the value of a set of leather bound Encyclopedia Britannica from 1903?

Reply

November 30, 2015 Flag

I have volume 13 of a set Encyclopedia Britannica, copyright 1948. It is in n perfect condition. What would it be worth?

Best Answer

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

August 15, 2016 Flag

What is the value of a 1954 set of 15 volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica Junior in good condition?

October 5, 2014 Flag

I have a set of Encyclopedia Britannica 1768, I have all but 2 books in the set, which are 18 and 19. Are they worth anything?

view of volumes from the ends

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksJune 29, 2013
Grolier's Book of Knowledge
Finding the Value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge Encyclopedias
Stack of very old encyclopedias.
Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
🎉
🎄