Finding the Value of Vintage Mersman Furniture

Category Collectibles
This Ohio based company produced millions of items of furniture during its existence. This is a guide about finding the value of vintage Mersman furniture.

What is the value of a Mersman side table #7643?

A set of two of them sold on eBay last year for $400.

I have a Mersman 90-23 coffee table and was wondering how much I should sell it for. It's still in fairly good shape, it just has some minor cosmetic damage on top.

This is one of the larger tables. I would ask $250.

If u had it longer than 1yr, you cant sell it for 250

First question would be - how/where do you plan to try and sell it? Home/yard sale - local site - Craigslist - eBay or Etsy?

Every site would be a little different with home/yard sale being for a lesser amount as well as Craigslist but these have advantages as you may actually sell it and money would be immediate and big advantage -no shipping. These sites a fair starting price would be about $150.00 but be prepared to lower it. This might work if you post your sale on a site with photos and size.

You could list it for more money on Etsy or eBay but it may take many months to sell with no guarantee that it would ever sell. Also, shipping this heavy an item would be costly and probably not possible so you would have to list it as "pick up only" which then puts it as being listed in just your area (similar to Craigslist).

Truthfully, you could start you price at any amount and just lower it if/when necessary. What price you ask may just have to be decided by "how badly do you wish to remove it from your premises".

Here are some different style tables listed on eBay and Etsy (asking prices) and the last link is to tables actually sold on eBay recently.

http://www.ebay … AN+&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay … d=p2045573.m1684

https://www.ets … m/market/mersman

http://www.ebay … d=p2045573.m1684

I have a Mersman table number 8048. I would like to know it's value. Can you help?

This table is in great shape. From what I have seen, I think you could get $150-$175 for it.

I'm seeing them online for $100 to $200

It appears that your table is in very good condition but it is difficult to judge by just a photograph. Has it ever been refinished or repaired in any manner? If anything has been done to the table, that would lower the resale value.

There are a lot of Mersman furniture listed on auction sites like eBay and Etsy at different times of the year but so many pieces were made (about 30 million pieces) that it is hard to place a true value on any item unless you are in the antique business.

Pedestal tables have always been popular so yours might bring a better price. If you are thinking of selling I believe you should consider listing on Craigslist (start at 200 dollars or more) and someone can actually see your table's condition (and there would be no shipping).

The problem with listing items on auction sites is the area is very limited because shipping is difficult and very expensive (which just adds to the cost of the table but no gain/profit to the seller). Small furniture sellers usually list their items as local/pick up only which really puts it in the same area as Cragislist shoppers.

I hope you just like your table and wish to keep it in the family.

I have this Mersman side table and am considering what to do with it. Is Mersman furniture worth anything? Would it be better to restain the whole thing or would it lose value if I restain the top and paint the bottom? I can't find any info about Mersman, so I'm kind of at a loss. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

You need to look on the bottom for a number. This table looks like it's in good shape. From the tables I've seen on eBay, this would be in the $100 range.

I have been trying to find a value for my Mersman end tables, but I have yet to find much on them. I have one 7637 and one 7634 (with heart cut out). If you have any information on them and an approximate value, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.

I saw the 7637 for $350 for two.

The 7640 was $40 for one.

Thank you so much!!

Thank you very much! I will have to look up the 7640 - I don't think I've seen that one before. Is it similar to the 7634?

I have Mersman 3022, midcentury walnut tables with brass wheels. I am interested in the value of my tables.

I could not find this exact model, but the end tables on eBay are doing for less than $100.

$50 to $150 on auction and second hand sites

Mersman tables are popular but are not always fast sellers. That just means that some auction and website sellers may have a table listed for sale for weeks/months and, yes, even years and may never sell it at the price they are asking.

Condition is of great importance when asking the value of items like this as there are quite a few of the mid century tables available and location is another factor as shipping these can be very expensive.

I would suggest you keep looking at auction sites and Craigslist so you can get a feel as to what people are asking (not necessarily getting what they ask) as you may never really see the same tables as yours for sale (only similar items).

Here are a couple of links to keep checking:

https://www.ets  m/market/mersman

http://www.ebay  les&_sacat=0

Here is a link that shows what tables actually sold for on eBay in recent weeks:

http://www.ebay  d=p2045573.m1684

If you are looking to sell, I would suggest you consider using Craigslist as this gives someone the opportunity to see your tables and no shipping involved.

I have a pair of end tables that were my grandfather's. I find a lot of info on Mersman coffee and specialty tables, but nothing on the ones that I have. Under the Mersman name is 66-2. The paper tag from the furniture store offers no addition info. Any idea of the age? Any idea of the value? I know the value will depend on condition, and they do have some minor scratches. Thank you for any help!

Mersman tables were made in the mid 20th century. They are less than $100 each. Yours are in great shape, so I would ask $75 each.

Wow! Thanks so much Judy! That helps a lot. Even if I don't get that for them, just knowing something about them is awesome! I appreciate your response!

There seems to be very little known about actual dates/years most Mersman table were made and there does not seem to be a list anywhere that even antique dealers can rely on. Dealers usually try to go by the actual type of marks on the underside of the tables and that is the reason that most tables will just say "mid-century".

There were so many tables manufactured that most are not really very valuable and they are not fast movers on auction sites. Furniture is very costly (and difficult) to ship so many auctions will state "pick-up only" - no shipping.

You may want to try selling through your local sites (Craigslist, ??For sale) Google your zip and ask about selling items in your locale.

Mersman made table with all kinds of wood and finishes so that would also be a factor in their value.

Please remember - auction listings are just that - listings - and does not always have anything to do with what an item can be sold for. Here is an example of most dealers opinion of the value of these tables: Mersman tables today have little collector value due to their overwhelming availability.

Here are some links for general reading and some sites with tables listed that may give you some idea of what you are searching for:

http://www.ebay  VYkAAOSwc-tY1DBd

https://www.ets  m/market/mersman

https://www.ebt  ogany-end-tables

Here is some past questions/answers on ThriftyFun:

http://www.thri  n-Furniture.html

I have a Mersman end table 7707. How old is it? What year was it built? I need a picture of one to look at while I'm restoring an old one.

These tables are mid 20th century.

Thanks. In progress of repair. It has a broken leg lol

There is very little actual information available about Mersman tables and their web site(?) is a joke. I have never (over years of looking) been able to find any kind of guide that shows numbers and years of production. If anyone has found such a site I would really like to know about it.

These tables are called mid-century and the price goes up and down according to the condition and how many are available at that time. They are slow sellers (on auction sites) and costly and difficult to ship so if you are planning to sell you may want to check out Craigslist or any of your local selling sites as there would be no shipping and no packing.

Here are listings on eBay and Etsy so you may find your table or a similar one:

http://www.ebay  ble&_sacat=0

https://www.ets  an%20end%20table

I have a Mersman coffee table #8617. It is white with a floral design of green leaves and purple flowers. It is signed, "chris". Can you tell me approximately the value?

I saw one in the original finish on eBay for $125. I think that this one is worth less because of the painting on it.

I have researched Mersman tables for several years and have not found any evidence of Mersman making any "painted" tables; but then I am no expert in this field.

I believe you will find that any of the color/white tables have been painted by someone other than Mersman. Now, some people may wish to have a refurbished table but generally it takes away from the value.

Also, your table seems to have stains as well as art work so I believe you do not have a very valuable piece. (my opinion)

Furniture like this will only bring what an interested buyer is willing to pay and many times a buyer is difficult to find.

I would suggest you list it on Craigslist for whatever price you think and see if you get any interested shoppers. This does not mean you have to sell it at that price.

My father is asking me to help him sell furniture. I don't even know where to turn or who to ask about the value of this coffee table. Can you help me?

Take some good photos of it and take them to a couple of estate auctioneers, a furniture store and a couple of antique dealers. They should be able to help you. Asking on here may not be the best, as we are all from all over the country and world. Prices vary greatly depending on where you are located.

One sold on eBay for $650.

You could research local antique spots in your area and asked if they could appraise the tables for you. Take clear photos, markings and show any flaws there may be to help appraise the cost better.

Good luck!

Where can I find info about a Mersman table #8714 or original pictures?
Thank you.

From harryrinker.com: If your coffee table is a pre-World War II Colonial Revival piece, its value is between $35.00 and $45.00, assuming it is in very good or better condition. If it is a post-World War II Colonial Revival example, deduct $10.00. If the coffee table is in a post-1945 modernist style, its value jumps to the $65.00 to $75.00 range.

I just want to restore it and possibly find the round about age

I believe your table is in what is called "mid-century" furniture but that covers a lot of years. I have some of these tables but have never been able to find a full list of numbers with photos or information. There is a Mersman web site but not really very helpful.

I can only suggest that you post a photo of your table which might help locating an original photo or go on Google and search the many photos listed (usually Pinderest) to see if your table is shown.

I am trying to research anything on my Mersman 7642 cocktail table. I'm not coming up with much online. Anyone have sites to share? I don't know the year or group and would like to learn more, including average value. Thanks!

I saw one on offerup that sold for $50. However, yours is in better condition.

Over the years, I have done a lot of research on Mersman tables and have never been able to find a table/list showing numbers and years manufactured. I believe yours is still called "mid-century" but if you really want to know all about your table you may be able to receive complete information - but - for a price.

Here is a link to the Mersman Factory web site and you can send them a message about your table. I believe they are still doing appraisals but since I have not contacted them in over a year, I cannot be sure.

https://www.fac  LINE&fref=nf

Several auction sites list Mersman tables but you may have to search often to find one like yours. Also, you may want to search under "coffee" table. Etsy and eBay usually offer the largest variety. Here is the latest listings on eBay:

http://www.ebay  d=p2045573.m1684

Here is a list of eBay recently sold items:

http://www.ebay  642&_sacat=0

What is the value of a Mersman occasional table with #7643?

On eBay they range between $150-$250.

Mersman tables are popular but the value would have to be in the condition of the table, where it is located, and whether someone would have to pay for shipping.

i did not see your particular table but here is a link to the tables recently sold on eBay (which is good idea as to what the table (in general) are actually selling for).

http://www.ebay  d=p2045573.m1684

What is the price of a Mersman coffee table with a model number 7303?

I would research it in terapeak

Load More