Finding the Value of Vintage Mersman Furniture

Category Collectibles
side table
This Ohio based company produced millions of items of furniture during its existence. This is a guide about finding the value of vintage Mersman furniture.

I have a Mersman table number 8048. I would like to know it's value. Can you help?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

This table is in great shape. From what I have seen, I think you could get $150-$175 for it.

I'm seeing them online for $100 to $200

It appears that your table is in very good condition but it is difficult to judge by just a photograph. Has it ever been refinished or repaired in any manner? If anything has been done to the table, that would lower the resale value.

There are a lot of Mersman furniture listed on auction sites like eBay and Etsy at different times of the year but so many pieces were made (about 30 million pieces) that it is hard to place a true value on any item unless you are in the antique business.

Pedestal tables have always been popular so yours might bring a better price. If you are thinking of selling I believe you should consider listing on Craigslist (start at 200 dollars or more) and someone can actually see your table's condition (and there would be no shipping).

The problem with listing items on auction sites is the area is very limited because shipping is difficult and very expensive (which just adds to the cost of the table but no gain/profit to the seller). Small furniture sellers usually list their items as local/pick up only which really puts it in the same area as Cragislist shoppers.

I hope you just like your table and wish to keep it in the family.

I am chalk painting a cool table and it is stamped Mersman 105 then possibly 03? It is a 2 tier glass table. Can you give me any history or value? Thank you. Sorry not best picture. That table is flipped over now without glass in it because I am painting it.

I am restoring a 8086 Mersman end table and would like to know the approximate value?

I have been trying to find a value for my Mersman end tables, but I have yet to find much on them. I have one 7637 and one 7634 (with heart cut out). If you have any information on them and an approximate value, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.

Answers

In the sales section of my Facebook, I found a pair for $350

I have a pair of end tables that were my grandfather's. I find a lot of info on Mersman coffee and specialty tables, but nothing on the ones that I have. Under the Mersman name is 66-2. The paper tag from the furniture store offers no addition info. Any idea of the age? Any idea of the value? I know the value will depend on condition, and they do have some minor scratches. Thank you for any help!

Answers

Mersman tables were made in the mid 20th century. They are less than $100 each. Yours are in great shape, so I would ask $75 each.

Wow! Thanks so much Judy! That helps a lot. Even if I don't get that for them, just knowing something about them is awesome! I appreciate your response!

There seems to be very little known about actual dates/years most Mersman table were made and there does not seem to be a list anywhere that even antique dealers can rely on. Dealers usually try to go by the actual type of marks on the underside of the tables and that is the reason that most tables will just say "mid-century".

There were so many tables manufactured that most are not really very valuable and they are not fast movers on auction sites. Furniture is very costly (and difficult) to ship so many auctions will state "pick-up only" - no shipping.

You may want to try selling through your local sites (Craigslist, ??For sale) Google your zip and ask about selling items in your locale.

Mersman made table with all kinds of wood and finishes so that would also be a factor in their value.

Please remember - auction listings are just that - listings - and does not always have anything to do with what an item can be sold for. Here is an example of most dealers opinion of the value of these tables: Mersman tables today have little collector value due to their overwhelming availability.

Here are some links for general reading and some sites with tables listed that may give you some idea of what you are searching for:

http://www.ebay  VYkAAOSwc-tY1DBd

https://www.ets  m/market/mersman

https://www.ebt  ogany-end-tables

Here is some past questions/answers on ThriftyFun:

http://www.thri  n-Furniture.html

Thank you! After my own reasearch I knew I wouldn't retire after selling them :) just wanted some additional input, to be sure I hadn't missed any info in my reasearch. Thanks again, this has been helpful!!

I have a Mersman table which has the number 2745 stamped on the bottom and written on the bottom over a another number 503, but no label. It's very probably from the 1930s. I inherited it from my grandmother. It's the two-tier pie table.

Unfortunately in a recent move from one state to another, it was treated so roughly that the rims of both tiers were damaged, on the top, so severely that a section of the rim was actually broken off in two places, and the veneer badly scraped in several places on the rims of both tiers and gouged. Plus the entire foot of one of the three legs was entirely sheared off (and "thoughtfully" returned with the table).

The table was not in pristine condition when I inherited it with some damage to the veneer on the top tier which was easy to cover, but the aesthetic value of it has now been totally destroyed. Repairing it would undoubtedly cost more than the value of the table.

Can anyone help me give an estimate to the mover's insurance company for the damages? The table, which surely qualifies as an antique, and which more importantly was a family heirloom, is now totally destroyed. There is obviously no value I can put on that, but I definitely want to put in a claim for something for the way they treated this and the several other pieces of treasured furniture they just destroyed.

Thanks.

I have a chance of buying a Mersman model 7113 harp plant stand. It's in very good condition. What would it be worth?
Thanks.

I bought this vintage side table made by the Mersman company at a thriftstore. I refurbished it with new paint to polish it up a bit and to give it a new look. I would like to know how much it would be worth by today's standards.

The value may be whatever you'd pay for it at Ashley or similar furniture store. It's still a "used" table. While it's a beautiful table, it's not restored. It's been painted. Go to eBay, punch in Mersman furniture for values of original-finish tables.

When I got married in 1967, we purchased Mersman end tables and coffee table. These are top of the line tables. Mine had a drawer in each end table and the joints were dovetailed. I hope you are enjoying your table. Dont let anyone make you feel badly about it. I gave my away because they were too big for my little house. I think my daughter has them.

As with everything, Manuela, it's worth exactly what a potential buyer is willing to pay. If you really want to know, list it on e-bay or craigslist and see if anyone's interested. The words you use to describe the item will either compel people to buy or repel them: it's up to you. "Gently used Mersman," for instance, will certainly be more appealing than saying "used furniture."

You can find prices on EBay, Craig's List, online searches, antique dealers, etc. Most buyers prefer the original finish on furniture and no refinishing, paint etc., of any type. As you have painted the table, the value is much reduced.

What is the value of a Mersman 3 tier inlaid end table #6849?

I have a Mersman table number 7092 and am looking for the value of it.

What is the value of a Mersman side table #7643?

I have a Mersman 90-23 coffee table and was wondering how much I should sell it for. It's still in fairly good shape, it just has some minor cosmetic damage on top.

I have Mersman 3022, midcentury walnut tables with brass wheels. I am interested in the value of my tables.

I could not find this exact model, but the end tables on eBay are doing for less than $100.

I have a Mersman end table 7707. How old is it? What year was it built? I need a picture of one to look at while I'm restoring an old one.

Answers

These tables are mid 20th century.

Thanks. In progress of repair. It has a broken leg lol

There is very little actual information available about Mersman tables and their web site(?) is a joke. I have never (over years of looking) been able to find any kind of guide that shows numbers and years of production. If anyone has found such a site I would really like to know about it.

These tables are called mid-century and the price goes up and down according to the condition and how many are available at that time. They are slow sellers (on auction sites) and costly and difficult to ship so if you are planning to sell you may want to check out Craigslist or any of your local selling sites as there would be no shipping and no packing.

Here are listings on eBay and Etsy so you may find your table or a similar one:

http://www.ebay  ble&_sacat=0

https://www.ets  an%20end%20table

My father is asking me to help him sell furniture. I don't even know where to turn or who to ask about the value of this coffee table. Can you help me?

Take some good photos of it and take them to a couple of estate auctioneers, a furniture store and a couple of antique dealers. They should be able to help you. Asking on here may not be the best, as we are all from all over the country and world. Prices vary greatly depending on where you are located.

One sold on eBay for $650.

You could research local antique spots in your area and asked if they could appraise the tables for you. Take clear photos, markings and show any flaws there may be to help appraise the cost better.

Good luck!

Where can I find info about a Mersman table #8714 or original pictures?
Thank you.

Answers

From harryrinker.com: If your coffee table is a pre-World War II Colonial Revival piece, its value is between $35.00 and $45.00, assuming it is in very good or better condition. If it is a post-World War II Colonial Revival example, deduct $10.00. If the coffee table is in a post-1945 modernist style, its value jumps to the $65.00 to $75.00 range.

I just want to restore it and possibly find the round about age

I believe your table is in what is called "mid-century" furniture but that covers a lot of years. I have some of these tables but have never been able to find a full list of numbers with photos or information. There is a Mersman web site but not really very helpful.

I can only suggest that you post a photo of your table which might help locating an original photo or go on Google and search the many photos listed (usually Pinderest) to see if your table is shown.

I have a Mersman table number 4046 1/2. When was it made and what is the approximate value? If the number is wrong where is it located on the table?

I found this Mersman table at the local thrift shop. I was going to paint until I realized the quality. Do you know the value?

What is the value of this table?

I would like to know how much I can get for my Mersman 8182 coffee table.

I am looking into how much my table is worth.

I have a Mersman coffee table #8617. It is white with a floral design of green leaves and purple flowers. It is signed, "chris". Can you tell me approximately the value?

I am trying to research anything on my Mersman 7642 cocktail table. I'm not coming up with much online. Anyone have sites to share? I don't know the year or group and would like to learn more, including average value. Thanks!

I saw one on offerup that sold for $50. However, yours is in better condition.

What is the value of a Mersman occasional table with #7643?

On eBay they range between $150-$250.

Load More