Finding the Value of Vintage Mersman Furniture

Category Collectibles
This Ohio based company produced millions of items of furniture during its existence. This is a guide about finding the value of vintage Mersman furniture.

I have a Mersman coffee table #8617. It is white with a floral design of green leaves and purple flowers. It is signed, "chris". Can you tell me approximately the value?

I saw one in the original finish on eBay for $125. I think that this one is worth less because of the painting on it.

I have a Mersman end table 7707. How old is it? What year was it built? I need a picture of one to look at while I'm restoring an old one.

These tables are mid 20th century.

Thanks. In progress of repair. It has a broken leg lol

There is very little actual information available about Mersman tables and their web site(?) is a joke. I have never (over years of looking) been able to find any kind of guide that shows numbers and years of production. If anyone has found such a site I would really like to know about it.

These tables are called mid-century and the price goes up and down according to the condition and how many are available at that time. They are slow sellers (on auction sites) and costly and difficult to ship so if you are planning to sell you may want to check out Craigslist or any of your local selling sites as there would be no shipping and no packing.

Here are listings on eBay and Etsy so you may find your table or a similar one:

http://www.ebay  ble&_sacat=0

https://www.ets  an%20end%20table

My father is asking me to help him sell furniture. I don't even know where to turn or who to ask about the value of this coffee table. Can you help me?

Take some good photos of it and take them to a couple of estate auctioneers, a furniture store and a couple of antique dealers. They should be able to help you. Asking on here may not be the best, as we are all from all over the country and world. Prices vary greatly depending on where you are located.

One sold on eBay for $650.

You could research local antique spots in your area and asked if they could appraise the tables for you. Take clear photos, markings and show any flaws there may be to help appraise the cost better.

Good luck!

I am trying to research anything on my Mersman 7642 cocktail table. I'm not coming up with much online. Anyone have sites to share? I don't know the year or group and would like to learn more, including average value. Thanks!

I saw one on offerup that sold for $50. However, yours is in better condition.

Over the years, I have done a lot of research on Mersman tables and have never been able to find a table/list showing numbers and years manufactured. I believe yours is still called "mid-century" but if you really want to know all about your table you may be able to receive complete information - but - for a price.

Here is a link to the Mersman Factory web site and you can send them a message about your table. I believe they are still doing appraisals but since I have not contacted them in over a year, I cannot be sure.

https://www.fac  LINE&fref=nf

Several auction sites list Mersman tables but you may have to search often to find one like yours. Also, you may want to search under "coffee" table. Etsy and eBay usually offer the largest variety. Here is the latest listings on eBay:

http://www.ebay  d=p2045573.m1684

Here is a list of eBay recently sold items:

http://www.ebay  642&_sacat=0

Where can I find info about a Mersman table #8714 or original pictures?
Thank you.

From harryrinker.com: If your coffee table is a pre-World War II Colonial Revival piece, its value is between $35.00 and $45.00, assuming it is in very good or better condition. If it is a post-World War II Colonial Revival example, deduct $10.00. If the coffee table is in a post-1945 modernist style, its value jumps to the $65.00 to $75.00 range.

I just want to restore it and possibly find the round about age

I believe your table is in what is called "mid-century" furniture but that covers a lot of years. I have some of these tables but have never been able to find a full list of numbers with photos or information. There is a Mersman web site but not really very helpful.

I can only suggest that you post a photo of your table which might help locating an original photo or go on Google and search the many photos listed (usually Pinderest) to see if your table is shown.

What is the value of a Mersman occasional table with #7643?

On eBay they range between $150-$250.

Mersman tables are popular but the value would have to be in the condition of the table, where it is located, and whether someone would have to pay for shipping.

i did not see your particular table but here is a link to the tables recently sold on eBay (which is good idea as to what the table (in general) are actually selling for).

http://www.ebay  d=p2045573.m1684

What is the price of a Mersman coffee table with a model number 7303?

I would research it in terapeak

I bought this vintage side table made by the Mersman company at a thriftstore. I refurbished it with new paint to polish it up a bit and to give it a new look. I would like to know how much it would be worth by today's standards.

The value may be whatever you'd pay for it at Ashley or similar furniture store. It's still a "used" table. While it's a beautiful table, it's not restored. It's been painted. Go to eBay, punch in Mersman furniture for values of original-finish tables.

When I got married in 1967, we purchased Mersman end tables and coffee table. These are top of the line tables. Mine had a drawer in each end table and the joints were dovetailed. I hope you are enjoying your table. Dont let anyone make you feel badly about it. I gave my away because they were too big for my little house. I think my daughter has them.

As with everything, Manuela, it's worth exactly what a potential buyer is willing to pay. If you really want to know, list it on e-bay or craigslist and see if anyone's interested. The words you use to describe the item will either compel people to buy or repel them: it's up to you. "Gently used Mersman," for instance, will certainly be more appealing than saying "used furniture."

You can find prices on EBay, Craig's List, online searches, antique dealers, etc. Most buyers prefer the original finish on furniture and no refinishing, paint etc., of any type. As you have painted the table, the value is much reduced.