Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Folding Fitted Sheets

If folding fitted sheets is as frustrating for you as it is for many of the rest of us, don't despair. This is a guide about folding fitted sheets.

December 6, 2009 Flag

What is the best way to fold fitted queen sheets? Mine always end up in a lump that occasionally resembles a rectangle. Most of the time the end result defies description.

By Mike from Germantown, MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I fold mine in half then fold it till it's about a foot wide then roll it up. I do all my sheets, pillow cases and towels that way. It takes up less space.

Best Answer

Put your finger in each corner on the wrong side. Lay it down on a bed or other surface. Fold the corners down. It makes a rectangle that is the size of the mattress thickness. Do the same with the other side. You have now made the sheet into a rectangle that can be folded just like the top sheet.

Everything is easy when you know how. Showing is better than describing, so check out this video on YouTube. Good luck.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw

I have been doing laundry of fitted sheets for about seven years. My advice is this - Take one corner by the point and put it over your hand inside out and then take the next corner in order (length or width doesn't really matter) and meet the two points inside out. Flip the second corner over the first one over your fist. Then continue with the next corner turning the third point inside out and putting over the first two fluffing up as you go to make sure they are aligned. Then meet the last one to the other three points and flip it over the first three.

This will give you all four points on one hand facing the correct way - good side out. Shake it up a little bit and then lay it down on the bed or couch. You will have a square with the elastic edges on two sides. Fold down one of the sides in a third of the width of the sheet and then again. Fold after that like a flat sheet. Smoothing as you go this will look as good as the laundromat does. It does take some practice, but I can do it now with my eyes closed.

I was taught as a kid exactly the same way mdavis explained and mdavis explained it verbally perfectly ;-)

In my estimation I'd say you're doing it right! That's how mine look!

How do you fold fitted sheets? I have been watching the Martha Stewart video about folding sheets properly, but I still can't do it. I like an organized linen closet.

By Onesummer

I spent a summer in college working for the Sheraton so I folded a lot of fitted sheets! I'm just not sure if I can explain this well in words.

1. Fold the sheet in half and "nestle" one of the corners inside the other. I find this easier to do by fisting my hand into one corner to nestle it into the other. The seams that make up the fitted corner should line up.

2. Fold it in half again and nestle the two (already nestled) corners into one. Now all four corners should be nestled together.

3. Smooth the sheet as best you can and fold it lengthwise into thirds.

4. Fold (or more like roll) the length of sheet into a neat fold.

The best way to now store the sheets is to fold the flat sheet just one fold shy of finished. Now tuck the folded fitted sheet and pillowcase(s) into the flat sheet and finish the fold. Now you have a neat package to pull from the linen closet when its time to make the bed.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope I explained it well.

An alternative would be to fold the fitted sheet "good enough" and then slide it and the flat sheet and pillow cases into one of the pillow cases. They won't get separated and will stack neatly.

great idea!

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 29, 2012
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
Tablecloth
Making a Fitted Tablecloth
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Elastic
Repairing the Elastic on Fitted Sheets
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 28, 2017 at 11:41:16 AM on 10.0.2.64 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.