Getting Rid of Invisible Biting Bugs

Category Insects
Bug Bites
When you are having trouble identifying what insect is bitting you, they can be difficult to get rid of. This is a guide about getting rid of invisible biting bugs.

Use Hibiclens Antiseptic/Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser while showering and they won't bite that night.

I stay at my boyfriend's house on the weekends and I can't go a single night without getting bit. My boyfriend never gets bit. This has been going on for a few months now. I thought it was fleas because his mom has 3 dogs that aren't properly bathed or groomed, but the dogs are downstairs and do not go upstairs, where his room is.
Some nights aren't bad, but some nights, like tonight, are really bad and I get bit 15+ times and can't sleep because I'm constantly scratching.

We have done several things to try and get rid of the bugs. We've done DIY flea traps (never caught anything), we've used flea and other bugs powder for the carpets, we've put baking soda all in the carpet (another thing I read online that works better than flea powder), we've sprayed the room, washed all blankets and pillow cases, vacuumed, vacuumed, and vacuumed again, and we're about to do it all over again with washing everything vacuuming and spraying the room.

There's no way it's bed bugs. We have taken flashlights and searched all over the room, edges of carpet, the bed, everything. We've searched many times and have never seen a single bug. My boyfriend also has an air mattress, not a normal one. There are no bugs whatsoever on or in his mattress. It has to be the carpet.

I'm the only one getting bitten and it's driving me crazy. I barely get any sleep at night and my boyfriend has to listen to me complain about these phantom bugs. It's putting a strain in our relationship. I want these bugs evicted, but we can't even figure out what they are. We're trying and it's really hard.

We've ruled out bed bugs, mosquitos, and spiders. There's no way I could get bit for months and never seen a web, a bed bug, or a mosquito flying around.

Also, it's only when I'm sleeping. We can lay on the bed and watch TV and never get bit. But the second I fall asleep I'm getting bit. We also work late nights and sleep all morning, some afternoons so it's not like these bugs are nocturnal, unless they're also on our sleep schedule.

Please help me try to figure out what's biting me, and what I can do about it. These bugs constantly have me in tears from sleepless nights. I'm going crazy. Nothing is working.
Thank you in advance.

Answer Was this helpful? 4

Answers

Best Answer

You may indeed have a flea problem even if the dogs do not visit the bedroom. Fleas and flea eggs can travel via your boyfriend, you and anyone else who enters the room, however quickly and at any time, day or nite. My husband, an entomologist, is not bothered by fleas, but I attract them like bees to flowers. The information below will help you understand what is happening.

Flea eggs do not stay on your pet, they quickly drop or roll off as they do not stick to anything. The fleas you find in your house hatched from the flea eggs that fell off of your pet or fell off of you and other people. Flea eggs are tiny and opaque white or almost colorless. The fleas you may see on your cat or dog are immature fleas from eggs on the floor or outside that hatched into fleas and jumped back onto your dog. You will also see (many!) small black dots on your dog but these are only flea feces.

The flea eggs in your home and outside are the real problem. Just one female flea can produce 40-50 eggs per day. The eggs fall off into your house and outside so, either way, your dog or cat will then again attract the immature and adult fleas both inside and outside which are the children from flea parents that may still be living on your cat or dog or you.

Any dish detergent bath may wash away or possibly kill some fleas on your pet, however, not all fleas are killed. In a bath many migrate up to the head and ear area and then, once the bath is over, travel back to their favorite spots, usually on the back. If you use dish detergent, you can seriously dry the animals skin and may cause skin rashes, an allergic reaction, etc., and you are not addressing the real problem. The thousands of flea eggs that exist all the time in your house and outside hatch and then jump back onto your dog or cat (and you!). So, you and your pets are locked into the everlasting cycle in the life of fleas.

A search online for how to kill fleas brings up many ideas for bathing, applying natural and awful sprays, etc., but these only address the fleas on your pet. Rarely do they address the bigger problem as a whole. You can check this site for answers that address your pet, your home and the outside. As you will see, flea prevention is a much larger problem than just giving your dog a bath.

The only way you will become flea free is to treat the dogs with flea killers. This will take time for the flea treatments to work and money for the medications. I strongly suggest having the dogs checked for fleas and any other medical problems and then treat the dogs with prescription medication. Over the counter flea products are not strong enough to deal with the uncontrolled flea infestation in the house.

Good Luck!

Anonymous
Best Answer

I recommend Ivermectin for mites. I believe you can get it in pill form for human use, but they make a gel for horses that is much cheaper and still safe for people to use. My family got it for $3 on Amazon ("Apple flavor" but tastes nasty). My mom and I were both being bitten all over during the day and even more at night. I couldn't see the bugs, but my mom was finding tiny white dots that would bite and then jump off. The Ivermectin helped a lot. We also put all of our furniture, clothes, mattresses, and bedding outside in the Texas summer sun under plastic sheeting, used diatomaceous earth, sprayed everything regularly with rubbing alcohol, including ourselves, kept floors clean and vaccumed, cleaned out gutters, sprayed the yard, and treated our dogs with sulfur and flea collars. After 2 months of all of this the bugs were gone.

I keep finding little bug bites on my 3 year old's arms, I have searched her bed and no bugs, checked my cat and no bugs. Somehow these bug bites continue to appear each morning so something is biting her and then disappearing. I took her to the doctor and she said looks like a flea bite but I just can't seem to find them! How can I deter any and all bugs from biting her at night?

By Sonia H.

Answer Was this helpful? 4

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

It appears to be a demodex mite I have had the same issue tea tree and alcohol give the most relief put tea tree in the washer when washing clothes also

Best Answer

You certainly aren't crazy!

I tired many things after ordering bed protectors.

I was losing sleep anxious and scratching constantly!

The SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO...

MATTRESS & BOX SPRING ENCASEMENTS!

You can get them at Walmart and that along with vacuuming daily will allow you to actually relax and sleep.

It took me a few day to let go of the fear. After the second night I slept with no bitting!

Be sure you don't allow your sheets or covers to touch the ground or you are giving them a free ride up to YOU!

I read on one site they come out at 4am to feed and sure enough they do!

We just pushed the clock forward for daylight savings time and MITES don't have that. So I was being bit at 5am

Good Luck!

My mom has been experiencing a sensation of bugs crawling and jumping on her skin. She thinks it's fleas. We tried bombing and got the house fumigated 3 times. We moved, but the pest still linger. She can't see them, but there are tiny black specs everywhere when she vacuums. The bites look like mosquito bites and they don't seem to be red. Is there any advice you could give her?

We've been dealing with these things for a year now. Here's some background info. We think we got it from a friend's neighbor who has a lot of cats and had to be hoarding fleas for at least 20 years. My mom thinks it is a new kind of flea that's immune to everything. If anyone could please help or see if they found a solution to this problem so my mom doesn't have to suffer anymore. We also tried Windexing everything that didn't help. We even got rid of all the furniture and now have to sleep on inflatable beds, but they still stick. Also apparently they will find shelter in anything including electronics such as TVs and even phones. We also tried boric acid, but that has no effect either. So anything that's helped someone?

Answers

Best Answer

Please take your mom to her doctor now and explain the problem in the detail you have provided here. You must accompany your mother in the doctor's office visit to fully describe all that has been happening. A very good idea is to copy your description of the problem here to Thrifty Fun and give it to the doctor in your visit.

Your mom may have a medical problem that the doctor can provide effective treatment to help.

Best Answer

I agree. And if she needs to sleep on an inflatable mattress that is fine but...and please take this with the utmost respect and compassion...you need to be comfortable. This is most likely not a real infestation.

I just had to advise a young woman who thought that gnats were following her that she might have a chemical imbalance that is causing her to see what no one else can see.

There is no new strain of fleas. I am so sorry you are going through this. But DCA is right. I hope she gets better and you all can get some rest.

PS: I just checked with www.web.md and there isn't even a catagory for this.

Best Answer

Your mother may indeed believe she "feels" the bugs, however, she must see her doctor immediately. Her doctor can examine the places on her body where she thinks the bugs have been biting. She/he can then provide medication to treat the bite areas and prevent the bites from becoming infected. The doctor can also recommend additional medical treatment to address the bug problem in the future.

Please take your mother to her doctor immediately for help to resolve her problem. She will feel much better finding an answer to the bug irritation and receiving the best medical treatment.

Anonymous
Best Answer

yes.... Buy some cedar oil , mix 10 drops with 500mls warm water and a touch of dishwashing liq in a spray bottle. Before you sit anywhere , spray first. Also epsom salts mixed with warm water in a spray bottle can be effective ( but will leave a light mark). Both of these are not going to affect your health as other carcenogens will. You can put the epsom spray on your dogs .Add a few drops of tea tree oil to washing clothes etc. This has helped us enormously.

Please I need help identifying what's going on. I feel bugs on me at all times, and no matter how much I clean or shower, they won't go away. I thought it was gnats, but I shaved my whole body and they're worse! When I leave my home they go with me and all my friends even people I don't know can't stand to be near me. I shower like 6 times a day, so much that I'm out of soap, my washer broke, and my dryer. So I'm forced to stay home so I don't pass whatever it is.
My area is Las Vegas and it used to be home, now I can't stand to be in my home let alone my own room. Please help me, thank you.

Best Answer

Please, go to a doctor and tell him/her everything you are feeling and what you've done. It could be a serious medical condition.

My 3 year old daughter keeps getting bitten, in the house, sometimes at night, sometimes during the day, by unseen, unknown bugs! They are very red, and incredibly itchy. She is miserable, and as she itches, the bites becomes huge lumps and welts, and even sometimes have a red ring around them. She will get 8 to 10 at a time. First, how do I help her itching, and secondly, how do I get rid of any bugs in the house? What can I use that is a natural product? We are very conscious of chemicals and pesticides and don't want the effects of those around our daughter either!
Any help would be very much appreciated!
Beth :)

Answers

Best Answer

Hey,

I have been fighting the same type of bites. I thought at first it might be bed bugs but had my house checked and it was not. Know I think it was some type of mites or scabies...So I started researching just like everyone else. I came across http://tinyurl.com/754e8lv (Tea Tree Oil).

I am very skeptical about everything I do not know about, but since the bites kept coming and I did not want or have the money to go see the doctor, I tried it. It's not too expensive and it works! I read a post were someone said to take a bath and put about 20 drops in the bath and bath for 20 minutes or so.

I did this the first time. It was good, but not strong enough for me. I did some more research and read that Tea Tree Oil is one of the only 100% concentrated oils that is safe to apply directly. Now I do not recommend it for all as it is strong and you will feel a slight burning sensation, but wow. So what I do is shower and scrub with soap. Then rinse and fill the tub half way or so. Put in 40 drops or so or just apply directly (100%) to my bites. I usually do not even rinse again as the oil acts as a repellant after it dries.

It has been two weeks, no new bits and the old bites are all healing. You will see that Tea Tree oil treats many things besides killing mites. Acne, fungal stuff, etc. I highly recommend it. I am not a doctor and am not claiming to be. I just want to share my success as those of us that have had these horrible experiences know just how bad life can get.

There are other size bottles available, but I have used thee one ounce bottles already, so four ounces seems to be the way to go.

Take care and give it a try you will not be disappointed!

Something is biting me on my arms, and I have never seen the bug that bites. I sit or lie on a leather sofa. My floors are tile with an area rug. I have three small dogs that are treated monthly with Revolution.

Two of the dogs are fine, one is having a terrible time scratching. The vet keeps saying allergies, but I no longer believe this to be true because he is getting worse. I see no insects in my house, on the dog or on myself.

I live in southwest Florida and at first thought it was an insect we call Noseeums. The temperatures have dropped along with humidity so the Noseeums are no longer around. I am open to any and all suggestions.

By Wanda C.

Best Answer

Check for bedbugs. They are pretty sneaky and hide a lot. They usually are active at night. Check around the seams on your mattress and box spring and on the underside seams on your sofa. They leave little poop stains where they hang out. They are a pain. Good luck.

We just recently moved to North Carolina from Florida and we were living here for about a month already when this started. My 4 year old daughter, for the last few weeks, has been getting bitten by something. I've had them come out and check for bed bugs and they said no bed bugs. I've gotten rid of their beds (both my daughters sleep in the same room) and bought them brand new ones with plastic covers. But, my little girl keeps getting bitten. I moved her to the living room and she stopped getting bit for 4 nights. I put her back in the room and she is getting bitten again. My landlord told me to buy spray and spray the beds anyway. He can't and won't do anything about it. I've never gone through this before, ever. I need to fix this problem, but how do you fix something you can't see and that no one believes you have. The marks are all over her and they look like ant bites. Another reason I know it's not bed bugs is because with bed bug bites the redness spreads and hers don't. They stay small and have a head like ant bites. I've even taken her to the doctor and the doctors said they aren't bed bugs and they aren't mites. What do I do? Please someone help!

At night when I lay down I can't sleep because I keep getting bitten. I have tried everything; it's not bed bugs. I had an exterminator come already. It stopped for a couple of weeks and then started right back. I don't know what to do. I can't see them, but can feel them when they start biting. Please, I need help.

Best Answer

You don't provide your location or how long you have had the problem. However, it sounds very much like an experience we had with tropical rat lice that normally live on rats. If the rats leave an area, die, etc., the lice need to find another warm body and our bed was the prime focus! The site below explains more and you should consider another pest service with this information:

http://www.acvc  biting_mites.pdf

How do we get rid of invisible bugs or mites in my car? We drove across country and my cat and dog are itching and scratching all the time. Flea treatment didn't work and I can feel my ankles being bitten while driving. I never see any bugs. Help please!

Make sure you have no mold or other moisture in your car. House plants, cold water vaporizers, humidifiers, and dirty air vents can be sources of airborne mold spores, mildews, and bacteria that could cause skin reactions that feel like invisible bugs biting on your skin consistently. (From http://invisibl  ugs-on-skin.html )

Another website says spraying yourself and the area with original Listerine helps as well.

Good luck...

I would take the pets to the bet and have them checked. The vet could probably tell you why they are itching. While they are there, I would bomb the car with a bug bomb. If you stayed in a hotel, you could have possibly got some bedbugs as hitchhikers.

For a few months now I've been getting bites all over me at my boyfriend's house. They look like welts and one bite on my eye lid swelled up. They're extremely itchy and recently it feels like bugs are crawling and biting all over me, but I can't see any. I have been itchy head to toe all day for the past couple of days now.

He had bed bugs, but we got rid of them with DE and cleaning also getting rid of objects that were infested. So we're ruling out BB. I now think maybe he has a mite infestation. He cleaned a birds nest out of a bathroom vent. Could they be bird mites? I don't see any bugs crawling on me or around the bed. But do have bites on me every time I stay there and it's only at night. I eventually slept on the couch because being in his room was torture, but it seems like they followed me. Neither his children nor him are getting bites at all.

What do I do? If they are mites can I infest my home by carrying them on me?

I am really depressed with invisible biting creatures in my home. A year ago we have bed bugs in our home. After several pest control treatments they are gone completely. Now something is biting our skin from beds, sofas, and from clothes. We did pest control treatment all over, but they are still not going away. Whatever they are is killed by high temperature hot water only, while bathing. We wash clothes with high temperature, but they still are not going away fully. This has spread into my car and now my office chair. When I wear my shirts I start being bitten. It is spreading everywhere on my body. I don't know any solution. Please does anybody have any suggestions?

I keep getting bites on my arms, some are small red bites others initially look like mosquito bites. I've had 2 professional pest control inspectors to search for what I thought might be bed bugs, but I've never seen one and they both said they didn't see any signs of bed bugs either. So what can it be biting me?

By Nikki

Answers

Could be many types of bugs! Need much more information than you provided:

Your city & state

Apartment or house

When most of the bites occur-AM or PM?

Do you have a pet?

If you will provide more info, I may be able to help; the culprits may be tropical rat lice.

How can you get rid of them, in your apartment and on your body since they are obviously parasites? My cousin who brought them into my home has left her home,clothes etc. went to Alaska and gave them to her sister.

I too am being bitten and when I go away from home continue to be bitten. Sometimes it's even worse than at home unbelievably. I feel like I'm crawling all the time even though I frequently shower or bathe and change my sheets regularly. We have 2 cats at home but they have regular flea treatments. I don't think I would be carrying fleas around from place to place anyway. I can't find anything but I woke up this morning and it felt like quite a few grains of salt in the bed which I lint rollered but they're colourless.

I am literally covered in little red bites and they've even scarred my face where I've scratched. I'm the only one affected out of 2 people in the house. PLEASE HELP!

I live in Epsom, Surrey, UK.

They bite all day but it's worse at night.

Well a friend of mine is complaining about getting bitten and she doesn't see anything after she's bitten. There's always a mark left, but no bug. At first she thought it was bed bugs, then she did the proper steps of getting it inspected. They ruled out bed bugs, there's no signs. So she's wondering could it be fleas? She has a neighbor with a dog and that may be the problem. We researched fleas and she thinks that's the problem. She has encountered the small white bug before, but only once. I think it may be fleas. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them before it gets worse?

If the problem is fleas, they will die off in a few weeks as long as your friend has no contact with any pet or flea infected area. If there are inside pets, avoiding fleas is more difficult:

Unfortunately, the only effective way to avoid fleas in the home is to either not have pets or have only inside pets; humans can bring fleas inside also. Cats and dogs carry fleas from the outside-other animals, yards, etc., and then bring fleas and flea eggs into the house. You can kill the existing live fleas but the eggs survive easily and a female flea can lay 50-60 eggs per day!

If you find live fleas in your house, you will also find flea eggs in the thousands in your house, as well. Flea eggs are very hard to kill as they are tiny and do not stick to anything; even an insect bomb is useless against the eggs.

So, essentially, you are always fighting an uphill battle against fleas. You can spray a chair or sofa and kill some fleas, however, in minutes or hours, new flea babies are born on a sofa or your pet climbs on the chair and leaves new live fleas and flea eggs.

The best flea guard you can achieve with pets is to maintain them inside only, keep up with prescription flea medication, if needed, and spray the furniture, etc., when you see fleas. The only way you can win (mostly) a flea battle is: no pets.

Diatomaceous earth you can get it at any feed store it's a white powder spread it all over your home on your mattresses in your counters on your counters it kills any type of bug

I have been been getting bit by bugs for about two weeks now. They leave bite marks and itch like crazy, but I haven't seen any bugs. No one else in my house has been bitten. Any information or advice would be helpful. I live in western New York, if that helps with anything.

I am having the same exact problem as one of the other people on here the only thing is there are no pets at all. I go spend time with my boyfriend on a regular basis and in the beginning it was all good, up until maybe like June, maybe before. Then I started getting bitten up by something in his bed and he was not touched.

Well he moved from the place he was and I thought that would help, but no this weekend it happened again and it seems worse now. He still is not getting bitten at all. I can't sleep because I'm up scratching and rubbing myself down with alcohol to ease the itching. We searched everywhere even with a flashlight and don't see anything, but we see the bumps on me from whatever is biting me. He wants to stop this, but does not know what to do. I can't keep going over there and getting bitten up. Please help us.

You should really make sure that your boyfriend does not have bed bugs!!!! These are difficult to see during the day, but the way you can tell if you have them is to look on the underside of the mattress or the stitching of your pillows. If you see a lot of sediment, dirt, and stuff that looks like bug excrement or eggs, chances are, you have bedbugs. It is strange that it would only bite you and not him, but before looking at any other solution, make sure you do not have a terrible bed bug infestation.

Help, my 3 year old daughter keeps getting bitten, in the house, sometimes at night, sometimes during the day,

by unseen, unknown bugs! They are very red, and incredibly itchy. She is miserable, and as she itches,

the bites become huge lumps and welts, and even sometimes have a red ring around them. She will get 8 to

10 at a time. First, how do I help her itching, and secondly, how do I get rid of any bugs in the house?

What can I use that is a natural product? We are very conscious of chemicals and pesticides and don't

want the effects of those around our daughter either!
Beth :)

Answers:

My daughter is being bitten by unknown bugs!

Do you have a pet? It may be flea bites. They usually bite about 3 times in the same area. If you have

carpet, put salt or borax on the floor and around the baseboards. Let it sit (overnight would be great)

then clean it up. Vacuum your sofa and mattresses and chairs. Treat the pets with a good flea bath or

behind the neck medication. Do this again in about 2 weeks as flea eggs will be hatching again. Try

Calamine lotion on your child's bites and cool baths, not warm or hot ones. Good luck! (07/09/2004)

By Caima

My guess would be bed bugs. I've read a couple of recent articles stating that they're making a

comeback. They're about lentil-sized and are reddish-brown. If that's what you have, do a search to

find the best way to get rid of them; I know it involves washing and sterilizing all the bedding, but I

don't remember the particulars or the magazines where I read the article. Good luck. (07/09/2004)

By NHdoubleK

They might be chiggers. Do a search on the internet for chiggers and you will find all kinds of info and

you should be able to tell by the article if that is what she has. (07/09/2004)

By Kathy

My first thought was bed bugs also, and there's a way to get rid of them without chemicals that is safe

for pets and kids, too. Wash all the linens, pillows, and loose rugs in the house. Then close up the

rooms and leave only one window open in each room. Put fresh thyme in the corners of the rooms and on the

furniture. (I actually used dried herbs and it worked fine.) If it's bed bugs, they will be gone by the

end of the day.

I would, however, take her to see a doctor. I rarely take my kids, but my son had something similar

when he was about 7 and it was scabies which requires some serious topical stuff. He apparently got it at

a sleepover.

Chiggers, by the way, will go away by themselves and need to live outdoors so it's unlikely that they

are in the house. (if she's getting bitten at night.)

Whatever it is, she must be encouraged not to scratch. She'll prolong chigger infestation in the skin

(they live in the bumps), spread the scabies, or otherwise infect the bites.

Also have your doctor check for ringworm if there's a red ring forming. (07/09/2004)

By Allison

Put fingernail polish over the chigger bite. The head of a chigger lives under the skin. The nail

polish smothers the chigger. (07/11/2004)

By Ellen

My elderly mother had the same problem. I discovered that a bird had built a nest in her air conditioner

housing and it was blowing bird mites all through the house. They were eating her alive. They were barely

visible. I scrubbed her from head to toe with a prescription dog shampoo for mites and fleas, set off

insect bombs in the house, and removed the bird nest from the air conditioner. I bought a generic itch

lotion that reminded me of aloe vera. If you have a bird in the house, it might be mites. (07/11/2004)

By Marti

Having her soak in a lukewarm bath with Aveeno oatmeal soak will help with the itching (ask at your

pharmacy, no prescription needed, but it's a little pricey). You could also, more cheaply, dissolve

baking soda into a lukewarm bath, that helps soothe itching, too. Believe it or not, making a paste of

meat tenderizer and water, and applying it directly to the bites, can also soothe itching (it's what

lifeguards use for jellyfish stings). (07/15/2004)

By Becki in IN

My mother had a 'unseen' bug problem too, but just at night. Her dh was not getting bitten.
She searched her bedroom and finally solved it after taking a dried flower arrangement above her bed

outside and shaking it over white paper. It turns out it was full of tiny red bugs! After cleaning the

bedroom she didn't have another bite.
(08/20/2004)

By Lisa

Here in rural California, in early summer, we get "no-see-ums." They are so tiny you can barely see them

(hence the name). The ones that attack us live in grass or fields, but I think there are different kinds.

Their bites are fierce! I'm fairly tolerant of insect bites and even I will itch like mad for several

days; for my husband and kids, they are really tortured. I've read it can be a serious problem for

livestock because horses and cows will rub themselves raw trying to relieve the itch of these bites. The

no-see-ums we get die out after we have a couple of 100 degree days in a row.

For itch relief, we have had some success with product called "Olbas Oil." It doesn't say anything

about stopping itches, it's a menthol-y inhalant, but the lady at the health food store recommended it

and it seems to help. Also, we accidentally discovered that Tom's Baking Soda Toothpaste seems to help.

(Before we tried the Olbas, I went stumbling in the night for the cortisone cream to put on my daughter,

then in the morning I couldn't find my toothpaste!) also, when really desperate, we have tried benadryl

too. At least it makes them so sleepy they can't scratch holes in themselves. (09/21/2004)

By E

Get Prednisone

After scratching for two weeks, I finally went to the doctor for little red spots/bites around my ankle.

My doctor believed it was bug bites (I think it was chiggers). She prescribed prednisone and

it started to clear up in 2 days. Don't suffer. Go to your doctor. And the medication is very

inexpensive. I paid around $3.00 for a week's prescription.

If you can't make it to the doctor, fingernail polish seems to work also. Just dab a little bit on and

use the blowdryer at the highest heat you can stand. It will really help to take the itch away.

(10/06/2005)

By Laura

I have the same exact thing. I strongly think they are beg bugs. Don't let your daughter sleep in her bed

tonight. And at like 8 or 9 o clock at night go in her room with a flash light and you would be able to

see them crawling on her bed if they are bed bugs. What you need to do is buy Bug Out. Use the three cans

in her room. Take the sheets and pillow cases, spread, then box spring and the mattress apart. Then leave

the bottles in there for at least two days. Then move her whole room around clean the floor, all the

clothes that were in her room her closet, absolutely "everything" in there. Then put new sheets on her

bed and everything should be OK.

Good luck.
Hope everything works out good (06/25/2006)

By Alicia

I was wondering if it could be spiders? I have had similar episodes and the next day turned the furniture

stand next to the bed upside down. There were fine webs and small, long legged spiders. I have also swept

all the areas under each piece in the room, windows, bookcases, etc. Tea tree oil soothes these bites.

Perhaps you could try spraying a solution of the oil mixed with some water on the bed linens. I know this

keeps insects in motels from being bothersome whenever we have traveled. I know how important it is to

use nontoxic agents. I use nothing, but in our home because my body reacts to others. I would never use

bleach or nail polish directly on the skin. In less than 30 minutes those enter every organ through your

skin. I never knew this information, but actually have seen my health improve by ridding them from use.

That's why transdermal patches are used for quit smoking, nausea, hormone replacement, etc. (09/27/2007)

By Ladybugv2

It may be fleas or bed bugs, fleas will bite all day and bed bugs only at night. The bite itch is very

intense from both, the flea bite will heal quite fast. Bed bug bite marks will stay for months and appear

dark. Remember there are diseases that can be passed through infestation of either,
consult with your doctor. Good luck. (12/09/2007)

By pepperjack

My little girl was also getting bitten by unknown creepies, we knew it wasn't fleas as we have no pets

and checked for bed bugs and couldn't find anything. So we all went to doctor's as we all started

itching, we kept feeling like we were being bitten, but when we looked there was no bug. There just an

itch that turned into a spot all over our bodies, and it turned out to be scabies. I was so shocked, as I

thought you had to be dirty to catch something like that, which is not the case. After being diagnosed

with this, I realized I had been in contact with someone who had scabies and that's probably how we got

it. We had to apply cream all over our bodies and are now itch free. I would have never thought it could

have been that. If your having similar problems go to your doctor. (10/06/2010)

By jayne1972