Getting Rid of Invisible Bugs or Mites

How do we get rid of invisible bugs or mites in my car? We drove across country and my cat and dog are itching and scratching all the time. Flea treatment didn't work and I can feel my ankles being bitten while driving. I never see any bugs. Help please!

Make sure you have no mold or other moisture in your car. House plants, cold water vaporizers, humidifiers, and dirty air vents can be sources of airborne mold spores, mildews, and bacteria that could cause skin reactions that feel like invisible bugs biting on your skin consistently. (From invisiblebitingbugscure.blogspot.../.../cure-for-invisible-biting-bugs-on... )

Another website says spraying yourself and the area with original Listerine helps as well.

Good luck...

I would take the pets to the bet and have them checked. The vet could probably tell you why they are itching.

While they are there, I would bomb the car with a bug bomb. If you stayed in a hotel, you could have possibly got some bedbugs as hitchhikers.

I had the same problem and the vet said it was ringworm but I've been getting bit for seven years one doctor said actually a dermatologist said go see Dr. oz talk about a weirdo. Or they tell you you're delusional but I ask him if I'm delusional how are the marks on my back I can't even reach and you could see them and that's delusional so nobody seems to know they're just guessing . so I've been doing things myself with alcohol and tree tea oil in a spray bottle at night . I also take baths with borax and a little less than a quarter cup of bleach dermatologist said it was OK and that has been helping a lot soak in the tub for at least 20 minutes make sure you saturate your hair and it doesn't affect the color

Use Diatomaceous Earth food grade. I use a plastic Ketchup bottle that I got at the dollar store you know the ones you would use for a picnic they can spray the powder into tight places like under your seats and your trunk.

Let the powder sit for 4 hours or longer and then vacuum it up along with an fleas. Make sure you empty the vacuum has soon as your done. Don't worry about the powder you can't get to the food grade is safe for you, children and pets.

I believe food grade Diatomaceous Earth will solve your problem - but - it may not be an instant cure as DE takes a few days to kill these things.

You may have picked up any number of kinds of bugs, fleas, mites, or even bedbugs so you will need something to cover removal of any or all of these. You will have to treat several areas and pets to be sure you reach every hiding place. Treat your car - especially the carpet and under the carpets, seats and under seats as well as the cargo/trunk area.

It is easy to apply and is not very expensive (always compare prices). You can buy it over the Internet or at many local stores - especially Lowe's and any true farm/garden store.
A little goes a long way and any left over will last forever. You will find many good uses for DE around your home if you Google DE food grade for information. I have used it for many years and would hate to be without it for pets, home and garden/yard.
Here is a site that may answer most questions:

www.diatomaceousearth.com/.../

So I have seen elsewhere that bird mites can at times jump species and begin afflicting human beings and other animals. They are virtually invisible and will drive you absolutely batty

www.birdmites.org/infested.html

Either way, whether it's bird mites or other type of thing, the solutions are typical as mentioned

- fumigation, chemical warfare (hazards noted)
- borax powder: just spray it everywhere in your car
- diatomaceous earth: as said above, a very good product. However, make sure NOT TO BREATHE IT IN because it can cause silicosis.
- there are things known as beneficial nematodes that specifically combat fleas, and possibly other pests as well - www.gardensalive.com/.../beneficial-insects?p=0164375&...