Trying to Get Rid of Unseen Biting Bugs for 15 Years

I have read hundreds of questions and replies over the net for 15 years, but I believe our "bug" problem will never be solved. I have given this in other posts and threads, but no solution. We moved into a new upscale neighborhood builder's house in north GA around 2002. It was never occupied or owned.

The first week here my wife and I began to itch and itch. We thought it was our imagination. We went to several known dermatologists, nothing was found. They gave us horrible meds that sparingly worked, but made me ill. We thought it was Savannah sand mites-gnats from moving boxes in storage. I don't know. No one knows! Our son visits and feels it. Our neighbors do not have this.

We have used every solution, I mean every solution mentioned here and beyond. We have cleaned and cleaned, vacuumed, sprayed, sprinkled, and powdered for over a decade. Some work for a short period, then they return. (I've just learned to live with it.) (Our friends and siblings joke about it now.)

They went away for a few winters, but now return all year. It only happens when we are in this house. They seem to be in the cement slab and carpet, but not everywhere. In my cement garage work area, they bite fiercely. In my corner den with carpet, they attack any time or season, mostly in the day. One small corner area of the kitchen (has tile) and they bite.

We have received so much advice, but it continues. We wonder if the house has an evil entity. Moving out might be the only method to survive this ridiculous problem. We are so tired of trying to solve this! Please, what bug lives for 15 years in cement and carpet and is immune to everything?

You might have bird mites. Call an exterminator.

This topic has been addressed on this site in several threads. Perhaps you can find value in reading through them. You are not alone in your battle. Prayers for a solution!

www.thriftyfun.com/Tiny-Black-Biting-Bugs-7.html#feedback

www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Rid-of-Invisible-Biting-Bugs...

www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Rid-of-Invisible-Bugs-or...

Thanks for the advice. I live in the south & have had several "Homer & Jethro's" (only a pun) men try to repair, fix, or maintain many situations in or outside of my house, with the problems continuing. (4 electricians now?) Found a good one finally, but problem returned in 3 yrs (One ruined a light switch for not turning off the power first!) (Relative had a leaky fridge & recommended "repair man"didn't know to disconnect the power cord from the wall!) (I had a listed known plumber attach a part backwards-making the situation worse)(TV repair wanted to take apart the TV guts on my living room rug) Contacted exterminators, but they, like many "doctors" ran to read their text books & then try to solve a problem.

(One yearly exterminator came & found nothing!) Who is great at their job & can actually solve this over the years, & not charge $$$$!! I now try SALT & other remedies suggested by others & getting some better results! Thanks for your help in this matter! Will keep trying! :(

I feel sure you have either called an exterminator or had one visit so I'm wondering what they told you?

It sounds to me like you have tried everything but Diatomaceous Earth but since I love this stuff for all around the house and pets I will give you a link to read about it and make your own decision about using it.

If you decide to use it do so in many areas of your home - scatter it about but not in piles - and leave it for a few days. It may look messes but it might kill something - hopefully your no seeums.

www.diatomaceousearth.com/.../beginners-guide

www.absorbentproductsltd.com/diatomaceous-earth-insect-list.html

Hello, thanks for the continued advice. Diatomaceous Earth powder was the first solution tried 10 years ago & it seemed to do the trick, but they returned. (purchased large container) Applied & wore protective mouth & nose mask, & avoided skin contact, but for some reason, was making me ill. A friend told me it to avoid the DE. I must be sensitive somehow.

Have you tried any Tea Tree Oil "lotions or products"?

Or, you can just take a few drops of plain Tea Tree Oil and mix it with any body lotion *you don't use it by itself* and apply that all over.

There aren't any insects that can withstand that oil, and it makes for a great bug repellent too.

Since you've had this problem for years, what do the insects look like, do you have any pictures? Once they're identified, that should help in what to use to treat them in your home.