Gluing Glass to Glass

Craft projects using glass often require you to glue glass to glass. This is a guide about gluing glass to glass.

November 5, 2016 Flag

I would like to adhere, with a clear adhesive, this glass sun to the inside window of my VW van. Does anyone know what product I can use? It must be strong because sometimes the ride is bumpy! Thanks in advance. The sun is about 3 inches diameter and pretty lite-weight.

I trust E-6000 for all my glass to glass crafts. Hope that helps!!

May 25, 2016 Flag

I want to repair a cracked outside mirror on my car. I plan to lay a new mirror on top of the previous mirror. The repair will need to be able to tolerate heat, humidity, and vibration. I will not be able to use a UV type glue. What is the best to use? Ideas and suggestions please.

Best Answer

The bond will be literally in the dark if you sandwich the replacement mirror on top of the broken mirror. No worries about UV. Heat , yes. A silicone adhesive should be find for something held vertically and the object is light in weight Good luck. Post a pic on There I fixed it. Maybe I'll see your handiwork

November 3, 2015 Flag

I am doing a project where I want to glue beach glass to glass. The glue has to be transparent. I plan on grouting around the pieces of glass for more effect. Which glue should I use, E6000 or Gorilla Glue, or something else?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

E6000 It is good for everything. Secret is to let it set for couple hours

Best Answer

October 10, 2016 Flag

I tried Gorilla glue, but that didn't work. This will be outside in the summer. Any suggestions?

Looking for the best adhesive that will bond glass on glass. Also an adhesive that will bond plastc on glass. Please note, these are items to be used outside and exposed to heat and water. Im stumped, tried everything!! Please help!

August 20, 2016 Flag

I am gluing glass to painted glass with E6000. It seems to be dissolving the paint when attached. Is there another type glue that would not have this reaction to paint?

Best Answer

Try sealing the painted pieces first then adhere with the E6000.

November 3, 2013 Flag

I need to find a glue that will firmly secure glass beads and marbles to a window pane, that also dries clear. I need it for a kindergarten class project for their school auction. Any suggestions?

By Kylie R.

Best Answer

I would think that E 5000 glue would work but you have to sand the glass a bit and then the marbles too, to help them stick well.

Best Answer

October 23, 2015 Flag

I have a clear glass fish that sits on an LED lighted base. A piece broke off and I am looking for a glue that will still allow the light to shine through to the broken fin piece once it is repaired. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

E6000 will work. It's great for glass. I sell tons of it in my craft shop. You should be able to find it locally.

February 3, 2013 Flag

What kind of glue do you use to glue items (glass pebbles, bottle bottoms, tiles) to glass?

By Yolanda P

Best Answer

My friend did a Redneck Wine Glass, and she sanded the surfaces and used a 6000 glue.

They have stuck together really well. You have to take sandpaper and sand down one or both of the surfaces to get the glass surfaces to stick to other glass surfaces.

Best Answer

March 7, 2013 Flag

I have used several glues to glue glass to glass. I started with E-6000, but found that the tube of glue was useless after 2 or 3 uses. It wouldn't bond anything anymore. I switched to Gorilla Glue. I use the water activated kind. You just run a damp washcloth over each piece of what you are gluing. It expands a bit while drying to fill holes, and best of all the glue in the bottle doesn't dry up.

Have tried E6000 does not work. My jar I glue to a candle stick,did not hold very good

March 24, 2010 Flag

I recently had a rather small piece of glass to glue to another piece of glass and found out an easy way to keep it in place while it dried. Take a wad of play dough or modeling clay, press it over the piece to anchor it in place. When dried, just lift it off.

By Jim from W. Hollywood, CA

Awesome solution, I'll be using this in the future! Great idea!

November 28, 2008 Flag

What is the best glue to use for gluing two 8x8x3 glass blocks together? I have used Goop glue and it has an odor that doesn't go away much. I stack the 2 blocks on top of each other with a plastic strip in between and need to make sure if I pick them up by the top block only, that they will not separate.

Brenda from Fort Wayne, IN

Best Answer

Clear silicone sealer, it has an odor until it dries but then no odor and it will hold anything. Can be purchased at Lowe's or Walmart. You can buy it in many sizes but I prefer this tube size that goes in a caulking gun for ease of giving you a line to work with. When your finished put a large nail in the end to close it off until next use. The smell will be terrible until it drys then you have no smell at all, do this outside or where you have good ventilation.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?acti ... Id=47209-72643-GE012A&lpage=none

Best Answer
Load More
Crafts Glass ArtFebruary 16, 2013
Products
E6000 Craft Adhesive
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Glass Pedestal Dish With Brownies
Making a Glass Pedestal Dish
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Puzzles Together
Gluing Puzzles Together
🎉
🎄