Browsing: Gluing Glass to Glass

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Gluing Glass to Glass

Craft projects using glass often require you to glue glass to glass. This is a guide about gluing glass to glass.

Gluing Glass to Glass
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 20, 2016 Flag

I am gluing glass to painted glass with E6000. It seems to be dissolving the paint when attached. Is there another type glue that would not have this reaction to paint?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Try sealing the painted pieces first then adhere with the E6000.

May 25, 2016 Flag

I want to repair a cracked outside mirror on my car. I plan to lay a new mirror on top of the previous mirror. The repair will need to be able to tolerate heat, humidity, and vibration. I will not be able to use a UV type glue. What is the best to use? Ideas and suggestions please.

Best Answer

The bond will be literally in the dark if you sandwich the replacement mirror on top of the broken mirror. No worries about UV. Heat , yes. A silicone adhesive should be find for something held vertically and the object is light in weight Good luck. Post a pic on There I fixed it. Maybe I'll see your handiwork

I don't know where you live, but in USA the best bet is to go to a junkyard and get a replacement mirror for your model of car.

Abigail , I was at a junkyard Thursday pulling parts off a 1984 rx7. I can tell you 85% of the time , pulling a part off will take longer than you think I like the posters solution. Only if it's not a collectible car!

November 3, 2015 Flag

I am doing a project where I want to glue beach glass to glass. The glue has to be transparent. I plan on grouting around the pieces of glass for more effect. Which glue should I use, E6000 or Gorilla Glue, or something else?

Best Answer

E6000 It is good for everything. Secret is to let it set for couple hours

Best Answer

Clear silicon sealent like Bison Poly Max if you need the glue to be transparent or some aquarium glue.

September 12, 2016 Flag

My microwave oven plate is getting cracked. What type of glue can I use for glueing it or joining it together?

November 3, 2013 Flag

I need to find a glue that will firmly secure glass beads and marbles to a window pane, that also dries clear. I need it for a kindergarten class project for their school auction. Any suggestions?

By Kylie R.

Best Answer

I would think that E 5000 glue would work but you have to sand the glass a bit and then the marbles too, to help them stick well.

Best Answer

http://www.thistothat.com/ is a website that tells you which glue to use for whatever you need to glue together. Just enter the two items and you will be given the info that you need. Good luck.

Margaret from Denton, Texas

October 23, 2015 Flag

I have a clear glass fish that sits on an LED lighted base. A piece broke off and I am looking for a glue that will still allow the light to shine through to the broken fin piece once it is repaired. Any suggestions?

glass fish light
Best Answer

E6000 will work. It's great for glass. I sell tons of it in my craft shop. You should be able to find it locally.

I hv found that the best glue here is super glue. but epoxy might also work. Or you cd file down the broken glass edge of the fish fin!

March 7, 2013 Flag

I have used several glues to glue glass to glass. I started with E-6000, but found that the tube of glue was useless after 2 or 3 uses. It wouldn't bond anything anymore. I switched to Gorilla Glue. I use the water activated kind. You just run a damp washcloth over each piece of what you are gluing. It expands a bit while drying to fill holes, and best of all the glue in the bottle doesn't dry up.

February 3, 2013 Flag

What kind of glue do you use to glue items (glass pebbles, bottle bottoms, tiles) to glass?

By Yolanda P

Best Answer

My friend did a Redneck Wine Glass, and she sanded the surfaces and used a 6000 glue.

They have stuck together really well. You have to take sandpaper and sand down one or both of the surfaces to get the glass surfaces to stick to other glass surfaces.

Best Answer

from thistothat.com

Glass to Glass

For the strongest, fastest, and most invisible bond we recommend:

Loctite Impruv

If Loctite is not available in your area, or you live in Alaska in the winter where there is no available UV light, we recommend:

Household Goop

Another fast alternative that will do the job, but not as strong, is

Krazy Glue

Super Glue

Zap

Zap-a-Gap if you have gaps to fill

If the bond has to hold up to solvents use:

Seal-All

The least toxic, yet not as strong, alternative is:

Weldbond

Whenever you are gluing glass you must consider the visibility of the adhesive. If the glass is translucent or transparent, you will want a glue that dries as clear as possible.

Before gluing any glass bond be sure that the glass is clean, free of any oil (even from your fingers) and dry.

E6000- available in craft stores as well as home improvement stores, Walmart, etc.

Load More
Crafts Glass ArtFebruary 16, 2013
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Glass Pedestal Dish With Brownies
Making a Glass Pedestal Dish
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Puzzles Together
Gluing Puzzles Together
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 5:20:25 AM on 10.0.1.17 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.