Browsing: Gluing Glass to Glass

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Gluing Glass to Glass

Craft projects using glass often require you to glue glass to glass. This is a guide about gluing glass to glass.

Gluing Glass to Glass
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 20, 2016 Flag

I am gluing glass to painted glass with E6000. It seems to be dissolving the paint when attached. Is there another type glue that would not have this reaction to paint?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try sealing the painted pieces first then adhere with the E6000.

May 25, 2016 Flag

I want to repair a cracked outside mirror on my car. I plan to lay a new mirror on top of the previous mirror. The repair will need to be able to tolerate heat, humidity, and vibration. I will not be able to use a UV type glue. What is the best to use? Ideas and suggestions please.

I don't know where you live, but in USA the best bet is to go to a junkyard and get a replacement mirror for your model of car.

Read More Answers...

November 3, 2015 Flag

I am doing a project where I want to glue beach glass to glass. The glue has to be transparent. I plan on grouting around the pieces of glass for more effect. Which glue should I use, E6000 or Gorilla Glue, or something else?

E6000 It is good for everything. Secret is to let it set for couple hours

Clear silicon sealent like Bison Poly Max if you need the glue to be transparent or some aquarium glue.

Read More Answers...

August 9, 2014 Flag

I am trying to glue the wings back on a glass butterfly. What type of glass glue do I use for heavy glass?

By Sheliah

Best Answer

E6000 is the best thing I have found! If you can't find it contact me. I have it in my shop. Search Cindybeadlady

GOODAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW MUTCH IS YOUR GLUE FOR GLASS AND WERE ARE URE SHOP

Read More Answers...

October 23, 2015 Flag

I have a clear glass fish that sits on an LED lighted base. A piece broke off and I am looking for a glue that will still allow the light to shine through to the broken fin piece once it is repaired. Any suggestions?

glass fish light

I hv found that the best glue here is super glue. but epoxy might also work. Or you cd file down the broken glass edge of the fish fin!

E6000 will work. It's great for glass. I sell tons of it in my craft shop. You should be able to find it locally.

March 7, 2013 Flag

I have used several glues to glue glass to glass. I started with E-6000, but found that the tube of glue was useless after 2 or 3 uses. It wouldn't bond anything anymore. I switched to Gorilla Glue. I use the water activated kind. You just run a damp washcloth over each piece of what you are gluing. It expands a bit while drying to fill holes, and best of all the glue in the bottle doesn't dry up.

November 3, 2013 Flag

I need to find a glue that will firmly secure glass beads and marbles to a window pane, that also dries clear. I need it for a kindergarten class project for their school auction. Any suggestions?

By Kylie R.

I would think that E 5000 glue would work but you have to sand the glass a bit and then the marbles too, to help them stick well.

http://www.thistothat.com/ is a website that tells you which glue to use for whatever you need to glue together. Just enter the two items and you will be given the info that you need. Good luck.

Margaret from Denton, Texas

September 3, 2015 Flag

I have an antique, heirloom Victorian chandelier with a hand painted glass globe that was broken into 6 large pieces during shipping. What kind of glue should I use? I can't use expanding Gorilla Glue because the pieces need to fit as snugly as possible for the cracks to be the least visible.

If your lamp is an expensive or cherished lamp, you might consider having a professional antique restorer repair the lamp. If not, an easy online search for a "glue to repair broken glass lamp" produced many replies. You can try a search yourself or the very helpful "ehow" site to start:

http://www.ehow.com/how_10001802_glue-broken-glass-lamp-fixture.html

March 24, 2010 Flag

I recently had a rather small piece of glass to glue to another piece of glass and found out an easy way to keep it in place while it dried. Take a wad of play dough or modeling clay, press it over the piece to anchor it in place. When dried, just lift it off.

By Jim from W. Hollywood, CA

May 14, 2014 Flag

How do I glue two very dense pieces of crystal together? I have an antique quartz crystal (almost clear) 10 inch high Buddha. It fell and the head broke off. What is the world's best and strongest clear drying adhesive available? I am confused by all of the many claims on line. Can someone help?

Load More
Crafts Glass ArtFebruary 16, 2013
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Glass Pedestal Dish With Brownies
Making a Glass Pedestal Dish
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Puzzles Together
Gluing Puzzles Together
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 12:13:40 PM on 10.0.2.241 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.