Identifying a Porcelain Doll

Category Dolls
Finding out who your doll is, and who is the maker isn't always easy. This guide is about identifying a porcelain doll.

Can some one help me identify the signature on this doll?

I am not familiar with this name but eBay has a lot of "expert" doll collectors/sellers and they do help with identifying dolls for people.

You will have to upload photos and information but it is very easy. Here is a link to their site:

http://communit  5/Dolls/bd-p/218

My baby doll has porcelain legs and arms, a stuffed body, and a rooftop registered trademark on the neck.

I am not familiar with this marking and without more information I cannot help with ID but if you really want to know then you can upload photos and measurements to the eBay doll community and they may be able to help you.

Here is a link and it is easy to use.

http://communit  5/Dolls/bd-p/218

This doll has a name on her shoulders, but I can't read enough of it to identify the maker to find out more information about her. Can anyone help me with this please?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

An easy online search for "porcelain doll values" will produce many answers. Keep in mind that just because a doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands and very often include the rather misleading term limited edition in their names. A doll's condition is extremely important in considering value-the best doll prices are paid for dolls literally never removed from their boxes. You can find prices for some dolls on EBay and try online for further research. This site is a good place to start:

http://collectd  rary/blgallp.htm

I used to collect dolls and recently found the box I had them stored in. These 2 porcelain dolls have markings on their necks and I was wondering if anyone can identify them. Thanks.

Do you know abou the other one

I've had this doll for as long as I can remember, and as far as I know it's in the original clothing with the original stand. However the serial number is where the head meets the neck and it's really hard to read it. I think it says either 018B or 818B and my google searches aren't showing much. I got this a long time ago from my grandmother, but since she and that side of the family let me go I don't want to keep something that reminds me of her.

Take it to an antiques dealer or a doll dealer. If it is worth something, sell it and buy something that will give you pleasure.

I got this 2ft tall porcelain doll recently and want to know more about her. Anybody recognize her or can figure out what the name, or words, are on her tummy? There are no other markings that I can find on her, only a sticker on her shoe that says 389.

She is 24 inches tall, her head, arms, and legs are hinged so she is posable. Her red hair is long and curly, pulled up in a demin blue bow that says "I love bears" and "bear hugs" in small white lettering all over it (same as on her apron). Her eyes are bright blue, glass I'm sure, and she has freckles across her nose.

This is a mass-produced doll from 1997. 2500 were made. It is not worth very much.

I'm trying to see how much these dolls are worth. Anyone know anything about these dolls?

I would take these to three doll dealers and get appraisals

I am trying to find out more about this doll, with painted on boots, with number 800 on them. I can't find any other marking. It is really in good shape. I got it at a thrift store because it was so cute. It may not be worth anything, but I wanted to see if I could find out more about it.

it's very difficult looking for dolls without a marking. All I can add to the discussion is she looks to be in some sort of Amish outfit. Or possibly she's a Little House on the Prairie doll, or Laura Ingalls Wilder doll

any of these searches might provide a clue

I wonder if anyone can help identify her? She has no visible marks or numbers, but there is a good chance she is German. She belonged to my grandmother. She's jointed with a swivel-joint head, and is 38" tall.

I am wondering if the "hair" is original... The reason I say that is because it looks like it's painted on. I have a doll that's a lot like this one. She has been in my family for 5 generations now. She was given to my Gramma by a neighbor woman when she (Gramma) was around 9.

I put a picture of her with my 4 month old Granddaughter - gives you an idea how big she is! The markings on her were under her wig. So if someone painted her hair on, maybe they painted over her marks.

I'm curious to know if your doll had "sleep" eyes - they are open when up, closed when down. Our doll had them, but thankfully someone took the counter weights out, and fixed her eyes in place with plaster so now they are open always. My doll's eyes are dark brown, most dolls had blue eyes. I loved that her eyes were like mine, dark brown!

I bought her 2 years ago from a car boot sale and would love to find some information about her. Her hair was already missing when I bought her and I would like to replace it with the correct hair. She has a plastic plate on the top of her head which looks like the hair was clipped on. The marking on the back of her head is F~9979B

Unless you have other markings, this won't be enough to identify the doll. My feeling is she is not worth much.

This porcelain doll is about 10-12 in. tall has porcelain head and hands. It has a beanie type body. There are no marks anywhere on body or clothing. Any ideas about it's age and maker?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Hi,

This doll is beautiful! I found a site that lists all kinds of dolls. You might be able to use this site to identify the maker of the doll.

http://dollreference.com/

Are there any stamps on the back of the head or the feet or the body that tells the maker? If there are, that would be a great start.

Merry Christmas!

----Robyn

I can't fine her anywhere. She's in great condition, but I think she's come in the wrong box. I have had her for years. Any information would be great. Thanks.

These dolls were made in the 1980s. They sell for about $45 on eBay

I'm looking to find out anything about my porcelain doll. It has several markings on the head and back. It has 20/VC. 14 and a signature D. Pavlik? I understand that it may be very common, but I would like to know! Thank you for any help.

I'm not an expert on dolls, but this doll looks old to me. I didn't find any information on D. Pavlik. What I would do is to take it to several doll dealers and get their opinions.

I am trying to find out who made a male porcelain doll. It is a toddler, with a red sucker in its left hand, and blonde hair. The back of the neck says #284/2000 1997.

Also this is the 284th of 2000 dolls made. It is not unique at all. Enjoy it for what it is.

I would like to identify this doll.
Thank you.

This looks like an antique doll to me. You could send these pictures to the Antiques Roadshow They are going on tour. You can apply to be on the show here:http://www.pbs.  oadshow/tickets/

There are no marking anywhere on her. She was bought in the 1980s. I think she was in a yellow box with black writing.

http://collectd  rary/blgallp.htm

I have this doll that is from the Knightsbridge Collection. Her certificate said she was a limited edition doll named Emily, but my sister searched it up and showed me that the Emily doll from that series actually has brown hair and does not wear the same dress as mine so I kind want to know what her name is.

Look for markings on the doll itself. You may have to remove the clothing. Then you can go to www.dollreference.com to research it.

I saw a collection of porcelain dolls and can not remember the maker. They all look like orphans with black soot on their face and clothes. Any help is appreciated.

I would do a Google images search with the description. When you see a picture that matches, you can go to the website.

My searches for a specific porcelain doll led me to this site. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice for searching or perhaps recognizes the doll. I am looking for a porcelain doll like the one I had as a child. She had light brown hair in two braids, was wearing a light blue nightgown and was holding a small brown teddy bear. She was in a black box that I believe said, "Porcelain Doll with Bear" on it. She was donated in a move and now I'm hoping to be able to replace her. Thanks for your help!

Thank you for your help and looking up those dolls. That seems to be closer than I have been able to find. Not quite there yet, but I'm still hopeful:) The box didn't have a plastic window, not sure if that helps narrow down the brands or not. Thanks again!

I found a ton of porcelain dolls that my great great aunt had given me in the 90s and I was wondering if anyone could help me identify them? Some look similar to each other, like maybe they are the same brand? They do not have any markings or indication of a maker anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

Approx. height of dolls:
brown dress 17 in
pink dress and straw hat 15 in
blue dress 12 in
red hood 15 in

I do not have the other two heights yet, as I am waiting for my mom to send me them because the dolls are not currently with me, but I believe they are relatively smaller than the others.

Photos are nice but without some type of marking it would be nearly impossible to identify your dolls. Someone may just happen to see a doll they have seen before but that would really be just luck.

Be sure to look on the backs of the dolls and especially at the neckline to see if there are any markings or names that might help ID them. If not then you may just have some nice dolls.

Dolls do sell better near Christmas but maybe think about listing them on Craigslist.

Identifying a Porcelain Doll - wearing green dress with plaid apron

AnswerPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Does anyone know what make my porcelain doll is? I've had it for over 20 years and no longer have the paperwork that came with it.

Load More