Identifying a Porcelain Doll

Finding out who your doll is, and who is the maker isn't always easy. This guide is about identifying a porcelain doll.

January 2, 2017 Flag

My searches for a specific porcelain doll led me to this site. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice for searching or perhaps recognizes the doll. I am looking for a porcelain doll like the one I had as a child. She had light brown hair in two braids, was wearing a light blue nightgown and was holding a small brown teddy bear. She was in a black box that I believe said, "Porcelain Doll with Bear" on it. She was donated in a move and now I'm hoping to be able to replace her. Thanks for your help!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi I am currently trying to find the value of my porcelain dolls and whilst researching I come across your question and well I think I have your doll your after .. she's still in pretty great condition like I'm talking all eyelashes ect ..

her hair is abit messy but that's about it

February 1, 2017 Flag

This doll has a cloth weighted body with porcelain head, hands, and feet. She is approximately 19" long and feels like the weight of a real baby when you hold her. I fell in love with her sweet face and would just love to know her name.

The white silk collar is cut sort of like a jester's collar. There are a few yellow daisies on the front top of her blue sleeper. I guess it could be a boy, but it looks like a girl to me. There are no markings anywhere, on back of head of neck, on hands or feet, or on cloth body. I'm stumped. She was my mother-in-law's who passed away so I am keeping her, but I'd love to know who she it. Thank you so much!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go to dollreference.com and start searching there.

December 5, 2016 Flag

This porcelain doll is about 10-12 in. tall has porcelain head and hands. It has a beanie type body. There are no marks anywhere on body or clothing. Any ideas about it's age and maker?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi,

This doll is beautiful! I found a site that lists all kinds of dolls. You might be able to use this site to identify the maker of the doll.

http://dollreference.com/

Are there any stamps on the back of the head or the feet or the body that tells the maker? If there are, that would be a great start.

Merry Christmas!

----Robyn

March 23, 2016 Flag

I have posted the pictures of the markings, but I can't read or recognize them. They are porcelain and appear to be well made. Can someone please help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

marie Osmond

November 14, 2016 Flag

Can some please identify this doll for me?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

wow, is this yours? What luck to have something so special and antique.

It looks like this is the American Doll Company boy doll, 23".

The American Doll Co was from Louisville KY and was in operation from 1912-1926. They made both Mama girl and boy dolls and Bye-Lo Baby type dolls. The composition head, short arms and long body are indicative of this era.

I looked but unfortunately could not find much more about this company than this site. http://dollrefe  oll_company.html

Pity because it sounds super interesting

March 28, 2016 Flag

I found this doll some time ago and am wondering the name and value of it. The doll is around 18in and with original packaging. I would appreciate any help.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

She looks a lot like a modern Ashton Drake / Homeart Doll. If her packaging has no clues, try googling Homeart / Ashton Drake & look

at images. There are so many if these dolls made you may not find one in the same outfit online, but look for same face / maker / porcelain to find very similar dolls.

October 20, 2016 Flag

Please tell me if anyone knows the identification name on this doll.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I believe you have a Robin Atkins doll. I see reference on ebay to various Robin Atkins dolls for sale, but unfortunately I find no other information available on the web.

But these are some sites that seem to be selling them, and in the face they look the same as the one you posted: http://www.ebay  18-/151899885818

http://www.ebay  KdsAAOSwUKxYjm8I

August 10, 2016 Flag

I have this doll, but can not make out the name on her neck. Any help? Any info on this doll would be greatly appreciated. Any idea what they are worth? Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I see gret, and the only name I can think of would be Margret.

March 13, 2016 Flag

Does anyone have any information about this doll? She is 19 inches tall. She has molded on shoes. Her dress is sewn on (not removable). Her arms hang loose so they can be posed to some degree. There are no identification marks or tags that I can see.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

She may possibly be an Elizabethan character doll, maybe Ashton Drake or similar modern porcelain doll maker. I suggest doing a google search for Elizabethan &/or historical period doll & start by looking at all the images first. Often I find a doll or one very similar to one I'm looking for in the images & continue the search from there.

October 12, 2015 Flag

I have a porcelain doll head with the numbers: 370 A M 10 DEP. It belonged to my aunt who would have been 114. I have the eyes that have a leaded weight, and also the arms/hands. Anyone able to help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi,

Sure!

She is an Armand Marseille of Sonneberg and Koppelsdorf, Thuringia, Germany doll.

AM is one of the worlds' largest and best known bisque doll head manufacturers and also one of the most desirable doll manufacturers for vintage dolls.

370 is the number of the doll head mold, for Armand Marseille just produced the heads.

From 1900 to 1930 it's reported Marseille produced 1,000 bisque doll heads a day, they made bisque head baby, children, lady and character dolls, on cloth, kid or composition bodies, most with glass eyes, some with painted eyes, with the most commonly found doll molds of 370 (shoulder head on a cloth or kid body) and 390 (socket head on a composition body).

Marseille interestingly did not produce the body of their dolls, but purchased those from other doll manufactures.

I hope this helps you.

Take care and greetings from Portugal

Manuela

June 21, 2016 Flag

The doll doesn't have any information written on it, but is about 15 to 16 inches tall. I am trying to find out who it is by and other information on it. I am trying to sell my dolls and to do that I need this information. I await your answer patiently.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

yes ik and thank you i will try to find it on there ^^

June 20, 2016 Flag

On the doll it says 1813/2280 Limited Edition. It is about 15 inches tall. I am trying to find out who it is by and other information on it. I am trying to sell my dolls and to do that I need this information. I await your answer patiently.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Did you ever find anything about this doll? I have the same one 28th the number 0421/2280 limited edition. The only difference is that she is holding flowers. I can't find anything on her

May 13, 2016 Flag

I bought this doll and would like to know who made it and what it's worth?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

An easy online search for "porcelain doll values" will produce many answers. Keep in mind that just because a doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands. A doll's condition is extremely important in considering value-the best doll prices are paid for dolls literally never removed from their boxes. You can find prices for some dolls on EBay and try online for further research. This site is a good place to start:

http://collectd  rary/blgallp.htm

February 23, 2016 Flag

I received a porcelain doll, the body is modern, but the head looks older. It has a few letters and number 9 on the neck. I do not think the wig is the original. Thank you very much.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's hard to see any markings in photo. If you can list them here, it may be possible to help. The body looks wooden. Are you sure it's modern? The head does look like an older one, or a reproduction of an older one, with a modern wig.

June 25, 2015 Flag

I can't find anything on my porcelain doll; what is this marking? How much is it worth? What year was it made? Please help!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Most dolls similar to yours pictured were and are being mass produced. You can try online investigation to try to identify your doll and possible worth. Most dolls from the past thirty years or so are now worth about what the original purchase price was at the time.

An easy online search produced many answers. Keep in mind that just because the doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced. Try the site below for further research:

http://collectd  rary/blgallp.htm

February 12, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know the name of this doll or where I can find out what doll I have? It has no markings on it to tell me what it is. My great grandmother gave it to me and she doesn't have the information that came with the doll.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's hard to tell from

Photos whether she is Porcelain or hard plastic. Either way she is likely a modern doll, possibly Ashton Drake, Homeart, Copper Art. Try googling these names with porcelain or plastic (whichever your doll is) & look at images first to find her or similar doll.

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsApril 25, 2013
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Cracked Porcelain Doll Costume
Porcelain Doll Costume Ideas
Porcelain Doll
Selling a Porcelain Doll Collection
Stained Porcelain Cup
Cleaning Stained Porcelain
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 6:26:55 PM on 10.0.0.76 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.