Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Identifying a Porcelain Doll

Finding out who your doll is, and who is the maker isn't always easy. This guide is about identifying a porcelain doll.

I am trying to find out information on my porcelain doll that was handed down to me. It is signed on the back of the neck, but I can't figure it out. Hopefully someone can help.

The maker name is Donna Rubert but I could not find any name for your doll - this is usually on a tag with a COA card and a number out of however many were made. Sometimes it is on the doll.

It seems Donna Rubert makes a lot reborn baby dolls but also makes dolls for different companies also.

this only thing I could suggest is to check eBay (the only place I found large dolls) often and see if you find a similar doll.

These dolls range in price from low to high ($15-200.00) so without a name it will be difficult to place a value.

Hope the name helps.

March 13, 2017 Flag

I am trying to find out who made a male porcelain doll. It is a toddler, with a red sucker in its left hand, and blonde hair. The back of the neck says #284/2000 1997.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Also this is the 284th of 2000 dolls made. It is not unique at all. Enjoy it for what it is.

March 13, 2017 Flag

I am trying to find out more about this doll, with painted on boots, with number 800 on them. I can't find any other marking. It is really in good shape. I got it at a thrift store because it was so cute. It may not be worth anything, but I wanted to see if I could find out more about it.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

i would search through the doll books at the library.

March 11, 2017 Flag

I would like to identify this doll.
Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This looks like an antique doll to me. You could send these pictures to the Antiques Roadshow They are going on tour. You can apply to be on the show here:http://www.pbs.  oadshow/tickets/

February 19, 2017 Flag

I wonder if anyone can help identify her? She has no visible marks or numbers, but there is a good chance she is German. She belonged to my grandmother. She's jointed with a swivel-joint head, and is 38" tall.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am wondering if the "hair" is original... The reason I say that is because it looks like it's painted on. I have a doll that's a lot like this one. She has been in my family for 5 generations now. She was given to my Gramma by a neighbor woman when she (Gramma) was around 9.

I put a picture of her with my 4 month old Granddaughter - gives you an idea how big she is! The markings on her were under her wig. So if someone painted her hair on, maybe they painted over her marks.

I'm curious to know if your doll had "sleep" eyes - they are open when up, closed when down. Our doll had them, but thankfully someone took the counter weights out, and fixed her eyes in place with plaster so now they are open always. My doll's eyes are dark brown, most dolls had blue eyes. I loved that her eyes were like mine, dark brown!

February 27, 2017 Flag

I found a ton of porcelain dolls that my great great aunt had given me in the 90s and I was wondering if anyone could help me identify them? Some look similar to each other, like maybe they are the same brand? They do not have any markings or indication of a maker anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

Approx. height of dolls:
brown dress 17 in
pink dress and straw hat 15 in
blue dress 12 in
red hood 15 in

I do not have the other two heights yet, as I am waiting for my mom to send me them because the dolls are not currently with me, but I believe they are relatively smaller than the others.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Photos are nice but without some type of marking it would be nearly impossible to identify your dolls. Someone may just happen to see a doll they have seen before but that would really be just luck.

Be sure to look on the backs of the dolls and especially at the neckline to see if there are any markings or names that might help ID them. If not then you may just have some nice dolls.

Dolls do sell better near Christmas but maybe think about listing them on Craigslist.

March 13, 2017 Flag

Can anyone help me identify the manufacturer of this doll?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 5, 2016 Flag

This porcelain doll is about 10-12 in. tall has porcelain head and hands. It has a beanie type body. There are no marks anywhere on body or clothing. Any ideas about it's age and maker?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi,

This doll is beautiful! I found a site that lists all kinds of dolls. You might be able to use this site to identify the maker of the doll.

http://dollreference.com/

Are there any stamps on the back of the head or the feet or the body that tells the maker? If there are, that would be a great start.

Merry Christmas!

----Robyn

January 2, 2017 Flag

My searches for a specific porcelain doll led me to this site. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice for searching or perhaps recognizes the doll. I am looking for a porcelain doll like the one I had as a child. She had light brown hair in two braids, was wearing a light blue nightgown and was holding a small brown teddy bear. She was in a black box that I believe said, "Porcelain Doll with Bear" on it. She was donated in a move and now I'm hoping to be able to replace her. Thanks for your help!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you for your help and looking up those dolls. That seems to be closer than I have been able to find. Not quite there yet, but I'm still hopeful:) The box didn't have a plastic window, not sure if that helps narrow down the brands or not. Thanks again!

February 1, 2017 Flag

This doll has a cloth weighted body with porcelain head, hands, and feet. She is approximately 19" long and feels like the weight of a real baby when you hold her. I fell in love with her sweet face and would just love to know her name.

The white silk collar is cut sort of like a jester's collar. There are a few yellow daisies on the front top of her blue sleeper. I guess it could be a boy, but it looks like a girl to me. There are no markings anywhere, on back of head of neck, on hands or feet, or on cloth body. I'm stumped. She was my mother-in-law's who passed away so I am keeping her, but I'd love to know who she it. Thank you so much!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go to dollreference.com and start searching there.

November 14, 2016 Flag

Can some please identify this doll for me?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

wow, is this yours? What luck to have something so special and antique.

It looks like this is the American Doll Company boy doll, 23".

The American Doll Co was from Louisville KY and was in operation from 1912-1926. They made both Mama girl and boy dolls and Bye-Lo Baby type dolls. The composition head, short arms and long body are indicative of this era.

I looked but unfortunately could not find much more about this company than this site. http://dollrefe  oll_company.html

Pity because it sounds super interesting

March 23, 2016 Flag

I have posted the pictures of the markings, but I can't read or recognize them. They are porcelain and appear to be well made. Can someone please help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

marie Osmond

September 12, 2016 Flag

Can anyone help me identify this doll? It is approximately 38" tall. I think it has porcelain face, hands, and feet.
Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Nice doll.

Dolls like this with only marks and no other ID usually takes an expert to identify. Fortunately, there are some very helpful doll experts on eBay's doll discussion board.

Check out this site - you will have to post your photos and give size of doll:

http://communit  5/Dolls/bd-p/218

August 29, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know the name or worth of this doll?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

According to dollreference.com: "Identifying a doll is best done by identifying the doll makers mark, if one is present it's often found on the back of the dolls head, on the back, under arms, bottoms of the feet, check your doll carefully, as the mark could be placed anywhere and many dolls were unmarked but sold with a wrist tag, that may have long since disappeared"

Therefore, it is really hard to know what she is without that information.

You could right clock on the image and do a google image search, though thsi seldom works with dolls (ive tried it a lot)

August 20, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know if these were made by an individual or manufactured by a company? I can't find any identifying marks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

These dolls look very old, like the kewpie era dolls. Aside from that, without identifying marks, it is very difficult to identify these.

This site provides lots of info on what to look for to ID dolls

"Identifying a doll is best done by identifying the doll makers mark, if one is present it's often found on the back of the dolls head, on the back, under arms, bottoms of the feet, check your doll carefully, as the mark could be placed anywhere and many dolls were unmarked but sold with a wrist tag, that may have long since disappeared" http://dollrefe  /doll_marks.html

closeup of face

AnswerPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

I found this doll some time ago and am wondering the name and value of it. The doll is around 18in and with original packaging.

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsApril 25, 2013
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Cracked Porcelain Doll Costume
Porcelain Doll Costume Ideas
Porcelain Doll
Selling a Porcelain Doll Collection
Stained Porcelain Cup
Cleaning Stained Porcelain
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 3:10:55 PM on 10.0.2.249 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.