Maine Coon Photos

Also known as American longhairs, these large domestic cats are known for their hunting skills. This guide contains Maine coon photos.

March 13, 2007 Flag

Does anyone know where to find a coon cat?

Sheila from IA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am sure the breed of cat you are looking for is The Maine Coon Cat. Any good breeder can get you a purebred one or if preferred look up the characteristics of the breed online and look for a shelter cat that has most or all of them.

You can get a cat that is mostly Maine Coon from a rescue/shelter for the breed. I went to a breeder that I thought was reputable, but my cat had a serious mouth problem (he had to have his teeth removed) and it was very expensive, on top of what I spent on the cat. I love him dearly and would have paid anything to keep him well. My point is only that you really need to check into the breeder you choose. If they are not CURRENTLY showing any of their cats, there's probably a reason.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

March 5, 2011 Flag

MooShoo Kitty is a 2 year old. While doing yard work on Labor Day 2008, we found him and his two siblings under a wood pile. We spoon fed them until they were healthy. We kept MooShoo Kitty for ourselves and found homes for his brother and sister.

MooShoo Kitty like to chase and eat moths. What makes MooShoo Kitty so special? We found him on the anniversary of losing my 18 year old cat Thumbpurr.

By Cynthia B.

Cat on refrigerator door shelf.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 6 Comments

January 26, 2011 Flag

This is Jazzy, our 5-year old Maine Coon. She was thrown out of a moving car as it passed our house. She is very sweet and sometimes haughty, but always transmits her needs and wants by her very own meow language.

By Kathleen

Closeup of beautiful grey cat with green eyes.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments

October 9, 2008 Flag

Ollie is 2 years and 8 months old. He is a Maine Coon. My family gave him to me for my Mothers Day present in 2006.

He likes to follow me around. Help me eat my pineapple. Play with his toy Freddie. Pounce on my 9 lb. Siamese cat. Ollie is by far the most beautiful cat I have ever seen. And I don't believe I'm biased: :)

Ollie is 25 lbs., 46 inches long from tip of nose to tip of tail. His paws fill the palm of my hand. And his whiskers are about a foot wide. He is considered the "favorite cyber kitty" on my Weight Watcher General Daily Thread message board.

By MacGyverNut from Reno, NV

Three photos of Ollie.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 15 Comments

March 31, 2010 Flag

Data is a 8 year old Main Coone cat. He was rescued by a truck driver who took him to a vet clinic where my friend was the vet. She called to tell me that she had 'found' a cat for me. After the vet's office cleaned him up, neutered him and gave him all the necessary shots, he was all mine. He is named for the android on Star trek, Next Generation.

What does Data like to do?

1. Play with the newest member of our family, an 11 month old tabby named 'Geordi.'

2. Lay in the window and watch the world go by!

He has been a fantastic friend and companion. When my 31 year old son, a deputy sheriff, was killed in the line of duty, after the funeral, Data never left my side for 2 weeks.

By Geri from Orlando, FL

Tan and black cat.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

May 3, 2010 Flag

Dandy is a 5 year old Maine Coon. He picked me by climbing into my lap on 2 separate occasions when I visited my best friend. He likes to play, bite, and carry around snack bags with marshmallows in them.

Stretched out on pet bed wearing a Santa hat.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 3, 2012 Flag

Tigger is a 7.5 year old Maine Coon. I rescued her from an ad on Craigslist. Her adorable fat face just did me in.

Tigger (Maine Coon) a black cat lying down

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 19, 2009 Flag

Trudy is a 4 year old Maine Coon cat. She arrived at our door one nasty cold fall day. She was very sick and starving. Her fur was so thin you could see her skin.

Grey cat showing her belly.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 9, 2011 Flag

Socks is a 2 year old Maine Coon. I got her and her sister (Queenie) from a friend of my grand daughter's. They were just 7 weeks old then; they are 2 years old now.

Closeup of Socks the Cat

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 17, 2011 Flag

King George is a one year old Maine coon cat. This beautiful cat was dropped off here last September. He follows me like a dog, not a typical cat, not aloof but, very focused and loving! We Love King George!

Grey and white Maine Coon.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 17, 2010 Flag

Zoe is 8 years old and a Maine Coon cat. I saw her on an Kijiji ad, then I contacted the owner, and they brought her to our home three days later. She loves to go outdoors, and watch the birds, butterflies, and moths at night.

Grey and white cat in garden.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 1, 2010 Flag

Shnookums just turned 13, he is a Maine Coon cat I picked him out from a litter of kittens my aunt's cat had back when I was 7. He likes sun tanning, stretching, making muffins (kneading with his paws), reading over my shoulder, and doing tricks to get treats.

Closeup of black cat.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 20, 2010 Flag

Tiger, our male tabby Maine Coon mix, loves to take naps with his whoopee cushion. This is so funny to see him hold it and lay on it. It is a self inflatable one we got at the Dollar Tree. It really is soft.

Tiger with his whoopie cushion.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 3, 2008 Flag

Boots was 15 here and of an unknown breed, but possibly a Maine Coon. I got Boots 13 years ago, the same summer that I met my husband! She needed a home as her owner was pregnant and didn't want the cat around the baby.

cat portrait

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 27, 2011 Flag

This post is in memory of our darling cat, Desire. My husband and I adopted Des when she was just a tiny kitten, before we were married. She was from a litter of kittens from my mother's cat, Lily.

Desire the Cat Sitting Under Vine Maple Tree

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 30, 2010 Flag

Holly is a 2 year old Maine Coon. I rescued her from the shelter. She likes to play with bags. She just had surgery 2 days ago.

Grey and black cat with white chest.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 21, 2011 Flag

Zoe is 8.5 year old Maine Coon. We got her from an ad on Kijiji.ca. Zoe likes to go outside when my husband lets out our toy Dachshund. She likes to intently watch the birds in the trees.

Photo of Zoe a Maine Coon

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 19, 2008 Flag

Lulu is a 6 year old Maine Coon cat. I got her at an animal shelter, 4 years ago.

Sleeping cat.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 26, 2006 Flag

Tippy (Maine Coon) Photo. Tippy is our 5 year old Maine Coon. Tippy walked into the door of our house 5 years ago on a hot summer night and never left.

Cat and young boy sharing an ice cream cone.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 15, 2006 Flag

This is a photo of my baby girl a few years ago. Desiré was a kitten from my mom's cat, Lily, so she is a grandkitty. I've had her longer than I have been married. She is about 10 years old now and not quite as playful but still sweet. Don't try to rub that belly, she bites!

Desire under the tree.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 13, 2010 Flag

Tigger, aka Her Majesty, is a 4 1/2 year old Maine Coon cat, according to the woman I adopted her from. She was posted on Craigslist.com as needing a new home due to the new foster kid, and the teen daughter's friend, was highly allergic to cats.

Black cat in fabric cube.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 26, 2007 Flag

Maddie Mingletoes is a Maine Coon just 6 weeks old. We got her May, 2007, 2 weeks ago. Maddie gets into whatever she wants to for fun, plays with kitty toys and likes to bite then lick us.

Kitten in colander.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 19, 2008 Flag

This is Susie-Q. She is eleven years old and a Maine Coon. We adopted Susie-Q from an animal shelter 6 years ago.

Susie in a cardboard box.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 22, 2006 Flag

Lurch is a 3 year old Maine Coon. I got him from a private breeder.

Closeup of face.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 30, 2005 Flag

Pet name: Jack'o - Age of pet: 4 years - What breed is your pet: Maine Coon

Black and white kitty closeup of face.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 8, 2008 Flag

Sammi is 7 months old and a Maine Coon. She was given to me from a friend.

Sammi in front of monitor.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Photos Pets CatsSeptember 17, 2013
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Maine Christmas Charities
old photo
Determining the Value of Historic Photos
Red Bone Coon Hound
Red Bone Coon Hound Breed Information and Photos
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 3:51:37 PM on 10.0.2.91 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.