Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Maine Coon Photos

Also known as American longhairs, these large domestic cats are known for their hunting skills. This guide contains Maine coon photos.

March 13, 2007 Flag

Does anyone know where to find a coon cat?

Sheila from IA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can get a cat that is mostly Maine Coon from a rescue/shelter for the breed. I went to a breeder that I thought was reputable, but my cat had a serious mouth problem (he had to have his teeth removed) and it was very expensive, on top of what I spent on the cat. I love him dearly and would have paid anything to keep him well. My point is only that you really need to check into the breeder you choose. If they are not CURRENTLY showing any of their cats, there's probably a reason.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

March 5, 2011 Flag

MooShoo Kitty is a 2 year old. While doing yard work on Labor Day 2008, we found him and his two siblings under a wood pile. We spoon fed them until they were healthy. We kept MooShoo Kitty for ourselves and found homes for his brother and sister.

MooShoo Kitty like to chase and eat moths. What makes MooShoo Kitty so special? We found him on the anniversary of losing my 18 year old cat Thumbpurr.

By Cynthia B.

Cat on refrigerator door shelf.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

He DOES look like a Maine Coon. I thought he looked like a brother to my cat, Desire. She is half Maine Coon and a real character too.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

January 26, 2011 Flag

This is Jazzy, our 5-year old Maine Coon. She was thrown out of a moving car as it passed our house. She is very sweet and sometimes haughty, but always transmits her needs and wants by her very own meow language.

By Kathleen

Closeup of beautiful grey cat with green eyes.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

She is beautiful, and so are you for bringing her into your family! I also have a Maine Coon that I rescued. She was dumped near my home, and left to die.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

January 22, 2017 Flag

Your Pet's Age
7 years old

Your Pet's Breed
US Maine Coon

How and when did you get your pet?
6 years ago - rescue

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She loves to roam in and out, roll around on the rug, and play with anything she can get her paws on.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Her fur is so silky soft, white and black, and she loves to be combed.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

May 3, 2010 Flag

Stretched out on pet bed wearing a Santa hat.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Dandy is a 5 year old Maine Coon. He picked me by climbing into my lap on 2 separate occasions when I visited my best friend. He likes to play, bite, and carry around snack bags with marshmallows in them.

March 31, 2010 Flag

Tan and black cat.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Data is a 8 year old Main Coone cat. He was rescued by a truck driver who took him to a vet clinic where my friend was the vet. She called to tell me that she had 'found' a cat for me.

February 3, 2012 Flag

Tigger (Maine Coon) a black cat lying down

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Tigger is a 7.5 year old Maine Coon. I rescued her from an ad on Craigslist. Her adorable fat face just did me in.

October 9, 2008 Flag

Three photos of Ollie.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Ollie is 2 years and 8 months old. He is a Maine Coon. My family gave him to me for my Mothers Day present in 2006

August 9, 2011 Flag

Closeup of Socks the Cat

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Socks is a 2 year old Maine Coon. I got her and her sister (Queenie) from a friend of my grand daughter's. They were just 7 weeks old then; they are 2 years old now.

February 19, 2009 Flag

Grey cat showing her belly.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Trudy is a 4 year old Maine Coon cat. She arrived at our door one nasty cold fall day. She was very sick and starving. Her fur was so thin you could see her skin.

January 17, 2011 Flag

Grey and white Maine Coon.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

King George is a one year old Maine coon cat. This beautiful cat was dropped off here last September. He follows me like a dog, not a typical cat, not aloof but, very focused and loving! We Love King George!

September 17, 2010 Flag

Grey and white cat in garden.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Zoe is 8 years old and a Maine Coon cat. I saw her on an Kijiji ad, then I contacted the owner, and they brought her to our home three days later. She loves to go outdoors, and watch the birds, butterflies, and moths at night.

September 1, 2010 Flag

Closeup of black cat.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Shnookums just turned 13, he is a Maine Coon cat I picked him out from a litter of kittens my aunt's cat had back when I was 7. He likes sun tanning, stretching, making muffins (kneading with his paws), reading over my shoulder, and doing tricks to get treats.

July 20, 2010 Flag

Tiger with his whoopie cushion.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Tiger, our male tabby Maine Coon mix, loves to take naps with his whoopee cushion. This is so funny to see him hold it and lay on it. It is a self inflatable one we got at the Dollar Tree. It really is soft.

November 27, 2011 Flag

Desire the Cat Sitting Under Vine Maple Tree

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This post is in memory of our darling cat, Desire. My husband and I adopted Des when she was just a tiny kitten, before we were married. She was from a litter of kittens from my mother's cat, Lily.

May 21, 2011 Flag

Photo of Zoe a Maine Coon

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Zoe is 8.5 year old Maine Coon. We got her from an ad on Kijiji.ca. Zoe likes to go outside when my husband lets out our toy Dachshund. She likes to intently watch the birds in the trees.

September 30, 2010 Flag

Grey and black cat with white chest.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Holly is a 2 year old Maine Coon. I rescued her from the shelter. She likes to play with bags. She just had surgery 2 days ago.

January 13, 2010 Flag

Black cat in fabric cube.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Tigger, aka Her Majesty, is a 4 1/2 year old Maine Coon cat, according to the woman I adopted her from. She was posted on Craigslist.com as needing a new home due to the new foster kid, and the teen daughter's friend, was highly allergic to cats.

September 19, 2008 Flag

Sleeping cat.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Lulu is a 6 year old Maine Coon cat. I got her at an animal shelter, 4 years ago.

July 26, 2006 Flag

Cat and young boy sharing an ice cream cone.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Tippy (Maine Coon) Photo. Tippy is our 5 year old Maine Coon. Tippy walked into the door of our house 5 years ago on a hot summer night and never left.

March 3, 2008 Flag

cat portrait

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Boots was 15 here and of an unknown breed, but possibly a Maine Coon. I got Boots 13 years ago, the same summer that I met my husband! She needed a home as her owner was pregnant and didn't want the cat around the baby.

September 15, 2006 Flag

Desire under the tree.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is a photo of my baby girl a few years ago. Desiré was a kitten from my mom's cat, Lily, so she is a grandkitty. I've had her longer than I have been married. She is about 10 years old now and not quite as playful but still sweet. Don't try to rub that belly, she bites!

September 22, 2006 Flag

Closeup of face.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Lurch is a 3 year old Maine Coon. I got him from a private breeder.

June 26, 2007 Flag

Kitten in colander.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Maddie Mingletoes is a Maine Coon just 6 weeks old. We got her May, 2007, 2 weeks ago. Maddie gets into whatever she wants to for fun, plays with kitty toys and likes to bite then lick us.

December 19, 2008 Flag

Susie in a cardboard box.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is Susie-Q. She is eleven years old and a Maine Coon. We adopted Susie-Q from an animal shelter 6 years ago.

Load More
Photos Pets CatsSeptember 17, 2013
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Maine Christmas Charities
old photo
Determining the Value of Historic Photos
Red Bone Coon Hound
Red Bone Coon Hound Breed Information and Photos
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 18, 2017 at 10:37:12 AM on 10.0.1.106 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.