Browsing: Mosquito Bite Remedies

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Mosquito Bite Remedies

Stopping the itch and irritation of mosquito bites isn't always easy. This guide contains mosquito bite remedies.

Mosquito Bite Remedies
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 3, 2010 Flag

This is a sure fix for mosquito bites. Every time I get bitten by a mosquito, I use Orajel or any toothache gel medicine and it works! It stops the itching instantly and will not itch again. I have done this for years. It isn't greasy, sticky, or smelly. It's convenient to put right in your pocket :)

By Pixie in Alliance, OH

August 23, 2010 Flag

Mosquitoes tend to eat me alive. I needed a quick fix to alleviate the itching, and I didn't want anything that was either too stinky or left dots all over me. Some store products didn't work for me. I tried table salt on the moistened area (it helped, but granules kept falling off). Apple cider vinegar didn't smell good and relief didn't last that long. Peppermint toothpaste would have worked, but again the splotches and fear of having it rub off onto other things. So, I tried deodorant - it worked great and no messy residue! I found starting out with a clean shower (because there were so many bites), then rubbing deodorant over the bites, stopped the itching and kept it that way for a long time. And it was easy and portable to take along if the bites started acting up again.

Source: Found suggestion on http://www.home-remedy.org

By Diane from Rochester, NY

June 4, 2006 Flag

I've recently come to Jeju, Korea (an island off the main land of Korea) to my uncle's place. I slept the 2nd night and I guess a mosquito had been inside my room. I woke up around 3 am in the morning noticing that i was itching my face. When I went to the bathroom I've found 6 bites on my face and my right eye had swollen up. I've been putting medication on for over 4 days and they seem to not be going away. It's bothering me so much that my face looks like it's diseased. It doesn't itch but is there a way to get rid of the bites on my face fast?

Julie from Jeju, Korea

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Try taking an antihistamine. The swelling is an allergic reaction and Benadryl and such should help.

I got a mosquito bite on my left eyelid during school which was on Thursday. When I got home it started to swell up and then it clam down but, now it has got worst. I been put it medication from my country well it help a little bit.

Read More Answers...

June 14, 2012 Flag

Rub the juice from a piece of cut onion on your mosquito bite. It will stop itching immediately and if you apply the onion juice two or three times a day the bite will disappear within a few days. Who can't find a piece of onion at a picnic, barbeque or camping! This works great!

Source: Farmers Almanac

By Shelli1961 from Boise, ID

June 13, 2011 Flag

Iif you want to save lots of dollars to remedy bug bites, just make a paste out of water and baking soda. Something about this combination draws out the irritant from the bug bites.

August 20, 2012 Flag

Hate that itch when you've been bitten by a mosquito? Well I stumbled upon a way to end the itch of a mosquito bite instantly!

July 17, 2010 Flag

I have bug bites on my legs. Is there any way to clear them up in a couple days?

By Dixie from Mc Calla, AL

Best Answer

Use the product "Basic H2 Super Organic Cleaning Concentrate" it stops the itch of a mosquito bite the second you apply it. It's also organic so its not harmful to your skin. This is used as an organic cleaning product for homes but, I use it on my bug bites all the time and have recommended it. No side affects yet.

Vinegar is the best!

Read More Answers...

July 21, 2006 Flag

Bananas and Mosquito Bites. Are you the type of person who is always getting bit by mosquitoes, even when someone else is sitting next to you and is completely unbothered? The answer may lie in your diet. . .

August 20, 2009 Flag

I had a lot of mosquito bites and the itching was driving me crazy. A friend told me to rub deodorant on them and I figured it was worth a try. To my surprise, the itching went away instantly.

July 8, 2015 Flag

I fell upon a solution that is so simple, I almost hesitate posting it. I put a small piece of plastic tape over the bite and it started to lessen the itch right away.

April 11, 2013 Flag

Using your faucet or shower, run the hottest water you can tolerate directly on your mosquito bite for as long as you can. A few seconds should be sufficient. Repeat as often as necessary.

August 5, 2010 Flag

Take two charcoal capsules, split them, and put the powder into a small dish. Mix to a paste with a few drops of cold water, then spread onto the bite leave on for half an hour then wash off in tepid water.

April 8, 2014 Flag

I was actually looking through all these questions and I saw that one option said deodorant so I tried it. It was INSTANT!

July 24, 2008 Flag

Chiggers and mosquitoes have been really bad this year, and I seem to attract more than my fair share. I seem to be especially sensitive to them, and itch for days and days. I've tried hydrocortisone and benzocaine cream (Lanacane) with not much luck. What finally worked was so simple, it was almost unbelievable. Oatmeal. Yes, regular oatmeal.

August 23, 2010 Flag

What is the best product to use on mosquito bites? Alcohol just doesn't work well, nor does CVS Itch Relief Spray.

By Karen from Boynton Beach, FL

Feedback:

Vinegar

My husband just told me to put white vinegar on the bites. I didn't have white vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar.

By metroplex

AfterBite

AfterBite, the itch eraser, is real good. You can find it in the first aid section at Wal-mart.

By Hate Litter

Bactine

I have used Bactine on New England mosquito bites and it is very effective. It is also great on sunburns and kids boo boo's because it doesn't sting when you put it on!

By D Caisse

Ammonia

I use ammonia on a q-tip, after discovering that Afterbite is basically ammonia. Learned this from a fellow camper and I left my afterbite home. Worked like a charm!

By chrissy1313

Load More
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 14, 2012
Valentine's Cake Pops, A row of cake pops with Red Velvet centers.
Valentine's Cake Pops
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Bite Plane
Maintaining a Bite Plane
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 10:04:14 PM on 10.0.2.241 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.