Pomeranian Photos

Category Pomeranian
Closeup of a cream Pomeranian
This page contains Pomeranian photos. These small dogs are peppy, loyal friends and good indoor pets.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Podna is a 10 year old Pomeranian. I got Podna from a friend who is a breeder. He was sold and brought back because the Vet said he had a bad heart murmur and didn't have long to live.

When I was visiting her, she told me what happened to the little cute puppy, I was loving him up then she told me she wish she could find someone to care of him until he passed away. Well, I feel in love with him in a matter of minutes and without thinking I said, "I will take him".

To make a long story short, it's 10 years later and he has been my best friend and companion. He has given me unconditional love and continues to do so. He is a Godsend! He loves to run around my den, he is just too funny when he starts that!

By the way, the name Podna is Cajun French, meaning a male good friend. My nickname Podnette means a female good friend. I thought you might enjoy that bit of info!

By Podnette from Houma, Louisiana

White and tan Pomeranian laying on a tile floor

Comment Like this photo? 16

This is a picture of my Pomer-people Suzi. Suzi is now 7 years old, and this picture was taken right before she turned a year old. I had Suzi's full sister Snuggles from a previous litter. At the age of 9 months, Snuggles managed to get into the bathtub, after my daughter forgot to drain the water out of it and drowned before we found her.

Heartbroken, I went to the woman who owned both of Snuggles' parents to tell her what happened. She then informed me that the mother dog was pregnant again, and that I could have first pick from the litter when the pups were born.

A week after Suzi was born, her mother nearly died. Unknown to me, the owner had let her have 3 litter of pups within a year, and she ended up with such a severe calcium deficiency that the pups had to be bottle fed. My vet tells me that pups who are bottle fed bond more closely with humans than they do with other dogs. So even though every dog I've ever had has informed me that they were a people, Suzi truly believes it!

I went to visit her when she was 4 weeks old and her nostrils were so full of mucous that she could hardly breathe. The woman informed me that it was simply because they had just finished feeding them, and that the pups "always get snotty after eating". She then went on to tell me that she had gotten so lucky because one of her friends had informed her that she didn't need to pay such a high price for the puppy formula she had been feeding them. All she had to do was break open an egg, scramble in some canned evaporated milk and some Karo syrup and that would be just as good. Needless to say, I was appalled!

After I left, I called my vet and told him what I had seen and heard from the breeder. He told me that under the circumstances, he would highly recommend that I go ahead and get Suzi rather than leaving her there. So I went ahead and set up an appointment for her the next morning and went back after work to pick her up. That night the mucous in her nose was so thick that I sat up with her all night to keep it cleared out so she could breathe.

The next morning when I took her to the vet, he told me that she was so sick that if I hadn't gone to get her, he had no doubt that she would have died. She was running a fever and had a severe sinus infection, which was what was causing the mucous. Since she hadn't gotten antibodies from her mother's milk, he went ahead and gave her the first shot, gave her a shot plus a prescription for antibiotics, and also gave her some worm meds. That appointment was at 8:00 A.M., and by 3:30 she had pooped a pile almost as big as she was that was nothing but a mass of dead worms! Yuck!

As you can see by the picture, Suzi recovered fully from the ordeal. She even recovered from breaking both of her front legs at the age of 7 months, when she was running in circles, and got both of them up underneath my son's door, and didn't pull them out before continuing her run! My husband and I were both working for his grandfather's propane business, and this picture was taken one morning when she was watching her Daddy intently as he hooked the hose up to the tank. Actually, she was driving through the gate he was holding open, but I figured you guys wouldn't believe that, so I made up the "watching her Daddy" story to hide her true talents! ;-)

By DonnaFreak

Suzi (Pomeranian)

Comment Like this photo? 22

Dallas is a 6 year old Pomeranian. After months of looking on our local Craig's List, we took a look at pets in another part of Ohio. Dallas was offered there. His owners had come to the decision that he deserved more time than they were able to give him. They said they had thought about it a long time and think they offered him just then because he was meant to come here to us.

My friend and I share a house, and are both retired, so we have plenty of time to give a super little guy like Dallas. He is our first lap dog, and we loved him from day one. We haven't learned how to get Dallas to play yet. He doesn't seem to care for toys, going outside, or do any doggy things. As you can see by his pictures, he does like climbing the furniture (maybe he's part mountain goat!), and he can fall asleep just about anywhere. But we will find out what pleases him.

Well, we know he loves to be petted and cuddled. Today we found out he likes going for a ride. Later this week, it's the Dog Festival. We think he'll love that. Dallas knows when he wants to go to bed. He goes to my room, then comes back and looks at me as though to say "Excuse me, but don't you think it's getting awfully late?" When I finally go to bed, he has time for one short cuddle, then takes himself to the foot of the bed and won't budge from there until morning.

He is a very loving and sweet little dog. I am so grateful we happened to look on Craig's list when and where we did, and brought this little guy into our lives.

By Copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH

Comment Like this photo? 11

I got her on Austin Street Teacup Puppies NY. Scarlet loves to play ball, chase me, and play tug a war.

closeup of Pom

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Lucy was gifted to me in May 2015 by a complete stranger on Facebook. I still do not know who they were.

Lucy a black and white Pom

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 36

Outlaw Moss is a 2 year old Pomeranian. I got him from a puppy mill on Mothers Day in 2011 in Paris, Texas. They where going to put him down because of a eye infection.

Pom in sneakers.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Chompers is a 6 year old Pomeranian. I worked with a woman who had way too many pets and was pregnant. When she had her daughter, she got overwhelmed and started getting rid of pets.

Closeup of Chompers the Pomeranian

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

A photo of my little Pomeranian who is now 18+ years old. He still plays like a puppy, even though he can't hear very well and has cataracts. He loves playing with the other dogs, and they know he is pretty special.

Orange and White Pomeranian

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

This is Cara, she has featured on ThriftyFun a few times before. She died 3 days ago. She was just 8 years old. She was at the vets to get 3 teeth pulled and her little heart stopped beating. The shock is overwhelming, that she should die this way.

Cara, a ginger Pomeranian wearing a vest.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

We got him in May 2015. He likes to go for car rides, walks, eat treats, cuddle, and chase big dogs! He owns a furrari ;)

Smiling White Pomeranian with blue eyes.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Kara is a 5 year old mini Pomeranian. I've had her since she was 2 years old. I got her from a show breeder. She loves to swim, swim, swim. Here she is floating in the swimming pool.

Redish Pomeranian on floating tube in swimming pool

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Tara is an 8 year old mini Pomeranian. She was 6 years old when I got her. The breeder had finished breeding from her and she needed a new home.

Red Pomeranian surrounded by pink flowers.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

My 10 and 1/2 year old Pom, Cubby, in his car seat, coming home from the vets. He had been washed and dried.

Cubby, a black Pomeranian with a gray muzzle.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

'Jimmy' is a 1 1/2 year old Pomeranian. I got him when he was 15 weeks old. My friend is a breeder and he was so little he couldn't be in with the rest of the litter and was raised by her until I took him home.

Blonde Pomeranian laying on his back.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

We're not sure of Chunky's age because we rescued her, but the vet thinks maybe 5 or 6. Sissy is 3. Chunky is a Pomeranian and Sissy is a mixed cat.

Pomeranian and a long hair cat in the snow.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Coco is a 5 month old Pomeranian. I got Coco when she was 2 months old after my other puppy was stolen from our front yard. Her favorite thing is running as fast as she can and giving people kisses!

Coco black and white Pomeranian on dog bed

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

We are the proud owners of this beautiful girl. Our family had decided to adopt another dog. So I was looking on Craigslist, not for a pet.... just surfing, and low and behold I ran across a free small dog.

closeup of Buttons, a Pomeranian, sticking out her tongue.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Skippy is a 15 month old Pomeranian From South Africa. He's a Spoiled brat. I posted a picture of Skippy about a year ago. He changed my life and feelings towards dogs completely.

Skippy, a blonde Pomeranian sitting on a red sofa.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 27

Dizzy is 12 and Chompers is almost 8. Dizzy is a short haired cat, and Chompers is a Pomeranian. Both of them came from a former friend who gets pets, gets sick of them, and then gives them away to other people. They like to sleep in odd places.

Dog and cat laying on a carpet.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

An old friend didn't want him anymore.

Blonde Pomeranian sitting in the grass

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

My little Pom was hanging out at the park with me while I was taking some pictures, and he pawed at my leg and looked up and I got this cute shot of him.

Closeup of a Pom's face.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

My daughter brought this model home and asked if I could fix it. When I finished, I wanted a picture of it, so I took it with Jasmine, my beloved toy Pom. Her look is saying, " I'll sit beside it but I won't get in."

Pomeranian in front of a small helicopter.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Thumper. What a silly name! But we are told when he was a puppy he would wag his tail and it would thump on the floor. After rescuing him, we tried several different names but Thumper was the one he answered to.

Red Pomeranian smiling outside in the yard.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Lady is a four year old Pomeranian. I got her 4 years ago as a birthday gift. She loves to grab hold of her 'boyfriend's' tail. He drags her all over the yard. A sight for sore eyes indeed! In this photo, she is ready to go to a luau with us.

Orange Pomeranian with a lei, sitting on a foot stool

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

This is Nellie. She's a 2 year old pomeranian that we rescued from a breeder who let her dogs, um, follow nature and thus got unpopular dogs. Her dogs didn't sell and when the rescue agency came in all the dogs were in really sorry shape. When we got Nellie from the rescue agency she was really subdued.

Black Pomeranian looking at man's food while licking her lips.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Mick is 3 years old and a Pomeranian. A lady was giving him away because she could not take care of him anymore. He was 2 months shy of 1 year old when I got him.

White Pomeranian getting a bath in the sink.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Shiloh is a 2 year old Pomeranian. I adopted her from a private breeder in Tuckerton, New Jersey. I had been visiting my son and he and his wife were babysitting a Pomeranian and we fell in love with her.

Shiloh on a dog bed.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Selah (Seal-a) is a 10 1/2 year old Pomeranian with a haircut and she loves it. Selah is a rescue dog. She was surrendered due to foreclosure when she was 9 years old. I've had her just over a year and we are super buddies

Selah (Pomeranian)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

She was a gift from someone I did not know. Lucy loves to chase me around the house and loves to play on the bed and in the yard with me.

Lucy sitting next to pumpkins

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Chompers is 7 years old and a Pomeranian. A former friend and co-worker used to get pets, then get sick of them and give them away. I ended up taking 4 pets from her; 2 cats, Chompers, and a bunny rabbit.

Chompers (Pomeranian) with a boy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Tara and Cara are 11 and 6 year old Mini Pomeranians. I got both from a show breeder, they are mother and daughter. I've had mum for 5 years and daughter for 4 years.

Tara and Cara Mini Pomeranians

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Crissy is 3 years old and a Pomeranian. We adopted Crissy a year and a half ago. She was recued by a toy breed farm from a backyard breeder.

Pomeranian sitting in a garden.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Lady - Pomeranian Photo. Lady is my 5 year old Pomeranian. She was my favorite uncle's dog. I adopted her when he died last fall. . .

Red Pomeranian sitting in a garden bed

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Lily is a 4 year old Pomeranian. We went to the local pet shop and they had these sweet little puppies, so we brought Lily home. Then my first grandchild was born about 2 weeks later!

Lily the Pomeranian on Leash in Fall Leaves

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4
Load More