Recipes Using Pork

Many delicious main and side dishes can be prepared using pork. This page contains recipes using pork.

June 5, 2012 Flag
Okay, I just can't help tweak recipes ;-) In this case I've switched out the choice of meat for the traditional French classic of 40 Clove Chicken by using pork and added pasta to the mix. Don't be afraid of the amount of garlic used because roasted garlic is a mild sweet flavored out of this world treat and even any leftovers (what are leftovers?) are delightful!

• 3 small garlic bulbs
  • 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
  • 1 lb. fettuccini
  • 1 lb. pork tenderloin medallions, small dice (1/3 inch cubes)
  • Ad
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. dried sage
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine (if using cooking wine, omit the salt listed above)
  • 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Cut 1/2 inch off the top of each head of garlic. Place garlic bulbs, cut side up, each on a separate square of aluminum foil, evenly drizzle the 2 tablespoon of the olive oil over the top of each bulb, wrap each and bake until garlic is soft, about 45 to 60 minutes, remove from oven and let cool. Once cool use a fork to squeeze the cloves out of the skin.

Once the garlic has been removed from the skin begin to boil water for the fettuccini and cook al dente according to package directions, once cooked reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water and drain the rest.

While the water is coming to a boil, heat the second 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, add pork, season with the salt and pepper, cook until browned and cooked through, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.

Stir the garlic cloves and sage into the pork pot and cook until fragrant, just a few seconds. Add the white wine, scrape up any remaining bits off the bottom of the pan, add the chicken broth and let the sauce cook, stirring occasionally, until it reduces by 1/3, about 7 to 10 minutes.

Return the pork to the pot, add pasta and parsley, toss to coat, "if needed" add the reserved cooking water a little at a time for a more moist consistency and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

This recipe has all of the ingredients of a great meal. I can't wait to fix it. I prefer the recipes that do not use the canned cream soups as a base.

Finally a recipe with enough garlic.

Wow - sounds like a winner with my family!

June 12, 2012 Flag

Since I usually only cook occasionally for one or two guests at a time, I place wax paper between the extra uncooked patties, place them in a Ziploc bag and freeze them for future meals.

May 24, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about recipes using canned pork. Finding a recipe to use for canned meat can sometimes be difficult.

Recipes Using Canned Pork

November 23, 2005 Flag

One of the best cooking tips I ever received, was from a co-worker and friend. He told me to get a pork roast, place it in the crockpot, and pour a jar of pickled pepperoncinis (juice and all) over the roast. Cook until the meat falls apart. He said to serve it with warm tortillas. You could serve with rolls. Good eating!

By Terri from NV

Excuse my ignorance, but what is pickled pepperoncini? Where can you find it? The recipe sounds delicious!

Hi SusannL,

Pepperoncini should be available at most grocery stores, in the pickle or Italian foods section. I just searched Safeway.com and they have them there.

Thanks,

Susan from ThriftyFun

Pepperoncini are little pickled peppers, about 1-1 1/2 inches long, yellowish green in color, in pickling brine. Sometimes they're on party trays, some folks like them on their pizzas.

November 6, 2011 Flag

One of my husband's favorite sandwiches.

September 9, 2014 Flag

This guide contains Italian pork chop recipes. A deliciously seasoned main dish for a hearty dinner. There are a variety of ways to combine these Italian seasonings.

Pork Chops ready to be cooked.

January 4, 2013 Flag

This page contains crockpot pork roast recipes. For a tender, tasty pork roast, cook it in your slow cooker.

Crockpot Pork Roast

November 18, 2012 Flag

I purchased corn bread flavored Stove Top Stuffing at the store and a maple bourbon marinated pork loin for dinner. My kids usually only eat stuffing under duress, so I tried making it look a little more interesting by "stuffing the pork loin". They ate it right up :)

December 30, 2008 Flag

Heat a large saucepan and pour in the honey, stir until it sticks but is not caramelized. Add the butter and when hot add the pork cubes. Stir until brown for about 10 minutes.

April 23, 2008 Flag

Mix flour and pork cubes together. Heat oil; brown well; remove pork, and set aside. Pour off and discard oil. Return pork to skillet. Add remaining ingredients except pepper and pimento.

September 25, 2006 Flag

Recipe for Savory Pork. Brown pork in a little hot oil and place in 9 x l3 inch pan. Saute onion for a minute or two and add to pork. . .

Food and Recipes Recipes Meats PorkJune 17, 2012
Baked Pork Chop
Baked Pork Chop Recipes
Barbecue Pork
Barbecue Pork Recipes
Pork Shoulder
Recipes Using Pork Shoulder
pulled pork sandwich
Recipes Using Leftover Pork
🎉
🎄