Removing Burnt Food Stains on a Glass Top Stove

Category Appliances
While often easier to clean than traditional stoves, glass top stoves do have their own cleaning issues. This is a guide about removing burnt food stains on a glass top stove.

This is a warning for anyone that has a glass ceramic cook stove. If you cook anything with a lot of sugar in it and it boils over onto your stove, get it off IMMEDIATELY or the food will eat into the glass top. This happened to me last Christmas when I boiled over fudge. I got most of it off, but before I could get it all off, it ruined the stove. It now has permanent marks on the top and the stove is not that old.

By laniegirl from IA

I know this is an obvious question, but did you trying scraping it with a razor blade? My stove top has had a few boil overs (Once when caramelizing sugar!) but after it cooled it came right up with a good scraping (My stove came with a scraper) and a good polish.

My husband boiled over a brown sugar vinegar mop sauce on my black glass top stove. How do I get it off? I tried the baking soda with vinegar paste which helped, but several stubborn stains are left. Help!

Use an old credit card and scrape it off.

get it hot while boiling a pot of water. turn it off and with gloves spoon boiling water onto it while rubbing it with a damp towel.

I have black marks on a glass stovetop. How do I remove them?

Best Answer

I scrape off the heavy stuff with a razor blade. I use Cerama Bryte to clean the glass cook top. It is sold at Home Depot and is a white creamy liquid that I use with a soft cloth. Does a great job removing all the cooking stains.

I found that the only way to get rid of these black marks is to use a powdered cleanser and a nylon green scrubby. It doesn't damage the ceramic top at all.

I use a razor blade to clean off any black marks or burnt on food...works great.

Make a paste of baking soda and water and leave it on the spots overnight. This works quite well on my glasstop range.

You can use a small piece of a magic sponge (Mr. Clean I think). That works wonders -- on lots of stuff, even your glass stove top.

How do I clean the spillover of cranberry sauce on my new GE double oven 6 burner range top? It looks like a black residue that is now hard. I have used hot water, Soft Scrub, and vinegar. Can you recommend anything else? I would think oven cleaner is too harsh. It almost needs to be scraped off, but then you run the risk of scratches. Tell me a secret, please!

By Celeste

Try making a paste of powdered dishwasher detergent and water, and spread it on the spot(s). Cover with a damp rag to keep it moist. Leave overnight, then try scraping with a plastic spatula or old credit card. The plastic will not scratch, and the detergent should soften the black residue. I have a used up gift card that I keep to use just for scraping the stove, and any burnt pans, especially no stick ones. If you don't have a dishwasher, the el cheapo detergent from the dollar store works fine. This has worked for me. Hope it is helpful to you.

Apply the soft scrub and with an old credit card scrape it off. Works wonders.

Our new stove came with the product Ceramabryte to use with a yellow pad. It works great for me. Here is the website that explains all the products:

http://www.cera  mp;CategoryID=35

Heavy Duty Easy Off Oven Cleaner! Spray enough to cover the stove top and leave on for about 40 min! It works amazing! I spent 3 days with 8 different cleaners to try to get my stove clean and this was the absolute best! No scrubbing it just wiped right off!

I use lysol kitchen cleaner, it is the best for all needs, i spray on my stove for hard spots of all colors, no matter how long the stain is been on the stove, just spray let sit maybe a minute, i usually just end up spraying my counters down as i let it sit on my stove, then return with a clean wet cloth and wipe away. Usually no hard scrubbing involved. Hope this helps and good luck

I boiled water in a copper bottom sauce pan on a glass top stove and forgot about it. Now the sauce pan has gone totally grey at the bottom on the sides and the glass top has a white foggy spot.

Have I damaged the stove top beyond repair? Is it still safe to use? Also, is there any way of getting rid of the foggy white spot. The sauce pan will have to be tossed.

Any help is very much appreciated.

By Vicky from Calgary

Anonymous

I am sorry that I don't know about glass top ranges :-( Is the copper only on the outside of the sauce pan? If so, why in the world would you just throw it away? If it's because it doesn't look pretty anymore please donate it to the Goodwill or Salvation Army so that someone in need of a good pan can purchase it at a low price they can afford!

I use a product called Dawn Power Desolver. It is with the Easy Off oven products at Walmart and works pretty good. May take a couple of applications and some elbow grease but has always done the trick for me. I also have a scraper with a razor by my stove and use it lightly on a regular basis to help with the build up.

I melted a silicone hot pad on my glass stove top. The razor removed all but a film. Is there a way to remove if it bonded to the glass? I've used stove top cleaner/polisher, ammonia, alcohol, and nail polish remover.

By crispy from Barton, MS

WD40 then hot soapy water??

Hot chocolate milk boiled over on my electric glass top stove and made a thick stain. How do I remove the stain?