Browsing: Removing Burnt Food Stains on a Glass Top Stove

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Burnt Food Stains on a Glass Top Stove

While often easier to clean than traditional stoves, glass top stoves do have their own cleaning issues. This is a guide about removing burnt food stains on a glass top stove.

Glass Top Stove
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

February 17, 2009 Flag

I have black marks on a glass stovetop. How do I remove them?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I scrape off the heavy stuff with a razor blade. I use Cerama Bryte to clean the glass cook top. It is sold at Home Depot and is a white creamy liquid that I use with a soft cloth. Does a great job removing all the cooking stains.

I use a razor blade to clean off any black marks or burnt on food...works great.

Make a paste of baking soda and water and leave it on the spots overnight. This works quite well on my glasstop range.

You can use a small piece of a magic sponge (Mr. Clean I think). That works wonders -- on lots of stuff, even your glass stove top.

Read More Answers...

July 27, 2010 Flag

This is a warning for anyone that has a glass ceramic cook stove. If you cook anything with a lot of sugar in it and it boils over onto your stove, get it off IMMEDIATELY or the food will eat into the glass top. This happened to me last Christmas when I boiled over fudge. I got most of it off, but before I could get it all off, it ruined the stove. It now has permanent marks on the top and the stove is not that old.

By laniegirl from IA

November 8, 2009 Flag

I boiled water in a copper bottom sauce pan on a glass top stove and forgot about it. Now the sauce pan has gone totally grey at the bottom on the sides and the glass top has a white foggy spot.

Have I damaged the stove top beyond repair? Is it still safe to use? Also, is there any way of getting rid of the foggy white spot. The sauce pan will have to be tossed.

Any help is very much appreciated.

By Vicky from Calgary

I am sorry that I don't know about glass top ranges :-( Is the copper only on the outside of the sauce pan? If so, why in the world would you just throw it away? If it's because it doesn't look pretty anymore please donate it to the Goodwill or Salvation Army so that someone in need of a good pan can purchase it at a low price they can afford!

I use a product called Dawn Power Desolver. It is with the Easy Off oven products at Walmart and works pretty good. May take a couple of applications and some elbow grease but has always done the trick for me. I also have a scraper with a razor by my stove and use it lightly on a regular basis to help with the build up.

November 8, 2010 Flag

I melted a silicone hot pad on my glass stove top. The razor removed all but a film. Is there a way to remove if it bonded to the glass? I've used stove top cleaner/polisher, ammonia, alcohol, and nail polish remover.

By crispy from Barton, MS

WD40 then hot soapy water??

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMarch 16, 2013
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 5:30:32 PM on 10.0.2.191 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.