Warning: Sugar Damaged Glass Top Stove

This is a warning for anyone that has a glass ceramic cook stove. If you cook anything with a lot of sugar in it and it boils over onto your stove, get it off IMMEDIATELY or the food will eat into the glass top. This happened to me last Christmas when I boiled over fudge. I got most of it off, but before I could get it all off, it ruined the stove. It now has permanent marks on the top and the stove is not that old.

By Elaine from IA

I know this is an obvious question, but did you trying scraping it with a razor blade? My stove top has had a few boil overs (Once when caramelizing sugar!) but after it cooled it came right up with a good scraping (My stove came with a scraper) and a good polish.

😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
Generated 2020-08-07 15:14:15 in 889 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf70931749.tip.html