Removing Super Glue from Clothing

Super Glue is a very strong bonding product, not a good thing if you get some on your clothes. This is a guide about removing Super Glue from clothing.

Super Glue
Filter Sort

Question: Krazy Glue on Silk dress

I recently spilled Krazy Glue on my favorite silk black dress. How can I get the glue out without hurting the fabric or fading the color? Is there any hope for my dress? Thank you very much.

Jennifer

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

thank you got glue on lycra sport trousers, brand new. used nail polish remover, thank god, or 35 quis wastes x

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Super Glue from Fabric Upholstery

I am in a jam. My grandson has spilt some super glue on a fabric sofa. Can I get any of the products to remove it in the UK?

By myraanne

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By Frugal Sunnie 11 1,695 Flag

Hiya from Scotland:)

Have you tried 'freezing' the glue off? Take an ice cube, hold it against the gloop of glue for a minute (a real 60 second count, you're trying to freeze the glue) then try to flick the now frozen gloop from the upholstery using the edge of a credit/debit card or a loyalty card (Boots, Tesco, NectarPoints, etc).

Once you've got that big gloop off (lol, been-there/done that, it's never a small spot, is it?) any remaining gloop should come off using an acetone based nail lacquer remover, or mineral spirits. Although I've never had those products strip colour from a piece of upholstery, always test the product in a section that isn't seen before using on the spot to be sure your fabric won't strip.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Super Glue on Clothing

By Ramon 1

How do you remove super glue on track suit bottoms? They are mixed fabric, nylon/cotton.

Ramon from England U.K

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Cornelia 45 72 Flag

There is a superglue removal liquid you could try. It's usually right next to the superglue in the store.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Super Glue from Clothing

My husband is a fan of Super Glue, he flipping uses it for just about everything. He got some on his suit trousers, grrrrr. I'm afraid if I use acetone it will take the color out. Any suggestions?

By Susie

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Maggie R. 7 Flag

It says on the label to use cooking oil if it gets on your skin, not sure if that would be good idea for fabrics. Have you tried freezing the clothing & trying to scrape it off? Like w/ gum. Best Wishes & buy that man an apron! Ha!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Super Glue from Leather Shoes

I spilled some super glue all over the black leather part of my Taxi 12s. And I noticed that the glue left white marks over the black leather part of my Jordan 12s. How can I remove the stain? Please help!

By Gio M. from Manila, Philippines

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Super Glue from Jeans

By Fidel A. 1

How do I remove super glue from jeans?

By Joe from Denver, CO

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Crazy Glue

By Joy Travis 1

How do I remove Krazy Glue from the rhinestones on my shoes?

By Joy from Evergreen, CO

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Removing Crazy Glue

How can I get dried CRAZY GLUE out of a white shirt?

Answers:

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

You could try looking for some crazy glue solvent. It is usually sold where the crazy glue is sold. Acetone was also recommended. You could try nail polish remover also.

Good Luck,
Susan
(06/14/2004)

By ThriftyFun

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

My idea was for nail polish remover as well. (06/14/2004)

By Lee-Ann

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

When my daughter accidentally super glued her fingers together and I called the emergency line,I was told to use vegetable oil to unglue her fingers. It might work for clothing,also (06/15/2004)

By zelora

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I don't know from experience, but I heard that children's liquid Tylenol would dissolve superglue. (06/15/2004)

By Cheryl

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Dear Friends:

Where can I get cyanoacrylate type glue (Krazy Glue) in a brush on applicator bottle (such a nail polish comes in)?
pcholman@msn.com (07/05/2004)

By P. C. Holman

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Would anyone know any tips on how to remove super glue ( used for fake nails) can be removed from a wood table..without sanding down the whole thing....thanks (07/13/2004)

By Samantha R

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

After trying everything under the sun... twice... my fiance finally got the crazy glue out of his favorite pair of khakis with acetone and a sponge! Home Depot @ a/b $2.99.

The nail polish remover trick worked for my mother when she glued her fingers TO the crazy glue dispenser, but most nail polish removers sold now don't contain acetone, the stain-removing ingredient.

Lots o luck,
(07/27/2004)

By Lindsay

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I believe Walgreens and definately Walmart sell the type of glue w/ the brush applicator. If all else fails, use fingernail repair glue (same stuff, different bottle).

(07/27/2004)

By Lindsay

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Does this work with white glue too? We spilled a bottle of glue on the carpet and can't seem to get it off (12/06/2004)

By Donito

RE: Removing Fingernail adhesive from brand new kitchen cou

My 10 year old daughter, who WAS NOT to be using the fake fingernails any longer due to this happening once before, has done it again - snipped off the tip of the glue and it spattered all over my 3 month old kitchen countertops. I was furious - mostly because she was NEVER to use that stuff after the first go around. Fingernail polish remover does not help, nor did several cleaning solvents - HELP!!! (01/09/2005)

By Erin

RE: Removing Nail Glue

Hello Erin,

We posted this as a new request:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf536380.tip.html

Thanks,
Susan from ThriftyFun (01/09/2005)

By ThriftyFun

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I got crazy glue on my pair of oakley sunglasses and can't find anything that is safe to use on lenses. Any ideas? I need them desperately when my girlfriend finds out she's gonna lose it! (02/05/2005)

By danny

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Someone superglued the locks on my pickup truck... a solvent that will dissolve te glue but not eat the paint? I dunno (02/08/2005)

By Rick

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

How do you remove crazy glue from your hair?
(03/08/2005)

By kiesha

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I spilled crazy glue on the lapel of my black leather jacket, oil will not work, it will ruin leather. nail polish will not work, any other ideas?

Editor's Note: Kim, we posted this as a new request.
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf816672.tip.html (03/11/2005)

By kim

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

100% ACETONE!!!IS THE ONLY THINK THAT REALLY WORKS...I TRIED REGULAR NAIL POLISH REMOVER AND IT DIDN'T WORK...SO I WENT TO TARGET AND THEY HAD IT THERE 100% ACETONE RIGTH NEXT TO THE REGULAR REMOVER.

IT WAS GREAT...EVERYTHING GONE FROM MY HANDS AND KITCHEN FLOOR.TRY IT!!IT WORKS!!! (04/25/2005)

By KARINA

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Crazy glue was accidentally spilled on my key board of my computer. Do you know what we can use to get rid of the glue between the keys?

I would really appreciate a response.

Thank-you,

(08/28/2005)

By Bridget

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Rubbing alcohol breaks it down so you can peel off skin. (02/17/2006)

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

How can I remove crazy glue off of the exterior of my car without ruining the paint? Thank you! (03/02/2006)

By Nancy

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Hi, I dropped crazy glue on my just painted helmet. I will be really thankful if someone can tell me how can I remove it without damaging the paint. Thanks a lot. (03/28/2006)

By Santiago

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I used crazy glue to connect outside pull with screw on the inside of dresser in bedroom... glue worked for while now I can't get the glue out of small receptacle in the pull to allow new screw to go in... any suggestions, besides getting new furniture fixtures for entire my bedroom ? tyvm (05/03/2006)

By ilona

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I also need to remove crazy glue from the exterior of my car without damaging the paint. Help! (05/23/2006)

By Melissa

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I was doing a project with my 8 year old son.I warned several times to be careful with the crazy glue, then, I got it on my hands. I feel like a retard.

(11/16/2006)

By Michael

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I dropped crazy glue on my counter top, how do I remove it! Please help!!!

Editor's Note: Try crazy glue remover or acetone. Acetone nail remover may help but may not be strong enough. (12/05/2006)

By jen

RE: Removing Crazy Glue from glass

Tried to fix eyeglasses and got super glue on the lenses. Acetone didn't work. Help!(12/08/2006)

By Hekena

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I used Krazy Glue to repair two cracks in my $400 digital camera. It repaired the cracks but now the camera won't work. I might try taking the camera apart to see if I can clean things off with a solvent, but I'm concerned that the solvent might damage sensitive stuff in the camera. Any advice? (12/10/2006)

By Wayne

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I got glue on my fingers and my dad said it'll come off but I'm not sure if that's true. (03/05/2007)

By Rachel

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

HELP I SPILLED CRAZY GLUE ON MY AUNT'S COMPUTER WHAT DO I DO ?

Editor's Note: Nail polish remover or acetone will remove it. Make sure to unplug the computer before you try any. Use a Q-tip or a cotton swab or ball to apply the remover. (04/12/2007)

By Taylor

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Rubbing alcohol works great, I used it to remove the crazy glue holding my moms fingers together. It worked in couple minutes. I just soaked a q-tip and then cut the rest of it apart. (04/20/2007)

By christy

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I spilled crazy glue on my wood desk, how can I remove it? (05/14/2007)

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

How can I get krazy glue off of a couch. The fabric is sort of like suede. Please help ASAP.(05/31/2007)

By Evie

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I got crazy clue on the back of my cell phone I tried acetone and it didn't work, HELP. (06/26/2007)

By Gary

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

How do I remove crazy glue from my camera? Please help! (09/30/2007)

HELP !!!

I was gluing stuff with super glue, well, anyways, my cell phone 0 key got just a little glue so it doesn't press down normally but does, but the side key (it is for recording things) it got super glued to the frame of the phone, what should i do to remove all of the super glue without shorting out the phone or having to get a replacement? This phone is my life please help! (10/02/2007)

By James

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I but crazy glue on my nail. How does that come off?

(fake nail) (10/08/2007)

By marie

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

How do I remove crazy glue from suede brown boots? (10/22/2007)

By ro

RE: Removing Crazy Glue from capri pants

My mother was using crazy glue today and it got on her olive green cotton capris, any ideas on how to remove it without fading the fabric? (11/04/2007)

By Carol

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I was gluing rhinestones on my new cell phone with that super glue stuff and i cant take it off on some parts now I tried using nail polish remover but it doesn't work, help please.(11/04/2007)

By jessy

HELP ME!

I got crazy glue really close to my scalp and I dunno if it would come off.write back at ramoneshottie AT yahoo DOT com (11/14/2007)

By melanie

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I glued my fingers, how can I undo them? (12/05/2007)

By

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Try nail polish first. Let sit for 30 minutes.Try lighter fluid next.
100% Acetone works, at any drug store. 100% acetone will remove completely and best. Recommended. (12/12/2007)

By karen

Archive: Removing Crazy Glue

I spilled some crazy glue on my sweatpants. Any advise is greatly appreciated on how to remove it.

Jade from Ventura, CA

Answers:

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Warm some vinegar and use it to remove unwanted crazy glue. It takes a bit to soften the glue, but seems to work extremely well. (01/07/2008)

By rabbit10mom

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I think the lesson that we all learned here, is that we should beware super glue! I sprayed some all over my metal work counter, fingers and the thing I was trying to fix. Fixed it all with vinegar and canola oil.(02/03/2008)

By MathKing

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

From www.krazyglue.com
(quote)Instant Krazy Glue® can be removed with acetone. However, acetone is a pretty powerful solvent and can damage some types of plastic. A safer solvent is nitromethane that can usually be found at specialty hobby stores. Look for products called "de-bonders" containing the nitromethane component. Always be sure to test whatever solvent you choose on an inconspicuous area first to check for compatibility issues.(/quote) (02/08/2008)

By Hilo

Acetone works!

I just used acetone on my bathroom counter and my hands! It removed all the krazy glue! $10 at Home Depot! (02/10/2008)

By Ken

Archive: Removing Crazy Glue

I want to know how to remove crazy glue from the screen of my cellphone?

Mely

Feedback:

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I got crazy glue in my hair today and my mom said that the lady on the er line said to rub shampoo or conditioner into it. Any kind will work. It will break it down. (08/12/2008)

By martin

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I got a little bit of crazy glue on my fingers. I tried Vinegar, then Canola oil, then Olive oil. My skin feels kind of rough but it's not very sticky anymore. (10/22/2008)

By Drew

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Spilled Krazy Glue on a nylon jacket then tried everything from GOO GONE to WD-40 to get it out. I went out and brought the Acetone and the glue came right off. (11/22/2008)

By Cashiano

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I've just spilled some super glue on my fingers and counter top.

To unglue fingers, just soak them in warm soapy water. The skin remains rough but at least the fingers won't remain glued together. I then used acetone to remove the dried glue from my fingers as I did for the glue on the counter top. Acetone is a strong solvent for most plastics and synthetic fibers. So don't use it on any plastic, rubber or varnished surfaces.

Hope this helps (11/25/2008)

By JN

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

I tried the suggestion to use shampoo and to my amazement, it removed the glue! I put the shampoo on, no water. Let it sit for a minute, then scrubbed some. It left the crazy glue spots on my ceramic tile floor rough. I used my fingernail and with a few light strokes, scraped up the glue. (12/22/2008)

By muqdah

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

My friend says Extra Virgin Olive oil works great on fingers and even helps with the itch! (01/31/2009)

By Guest

Archive: Removing Crazy Glue

I would like to know how to remove dried Crazy glue from a microfiber sofa.

By bill7 from NY

Feedback:

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Being a fiber, you'll want to test this on an inconspicuous portion of your sofa first, but what removes Crazy Glue is acetone nail polish remover. Make sure it's acetone and not non-acetone. I would try first with placing it on a soft cloth and gently rubbing but, being fabric, you might want to 'rough up' the fabric a tiny bit with a very soft toothbrush after applying the acetone to the fabric.

Acetone easily removes Crazy Glue from all other surfaces so I don't see why it wouldn't work on fabric too. I hope this helps you. (10/09/2009)

By Deeli

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Hobby stores usually sell a product that is made for removing crazy glue; uncure or debonder. (10/09/2009)

By dayzfan

RE: Removing Crazy Glue

Crazy Glue actually dissolves plastic a bit. Microfiber is a type of plastic polymer fabric, and will most likely dissolve or turn slick if you use Acetone. I used to use Acetone to clean heel marks on lighter shoes and could count on losing finish so I had to work quickly and gently, most often living with the damage!

I'd call the mfg. or store where you bought the furniture first. Have you checked online for "Microfiber chemical damage repair?" You may have to settle for a type of "suede cleaner" and a suede brush that is fine wire, in the conspicuous area underneath first. Use a light touch and gentle hand in short brush strokes, regardless. Good luck and God bless you. :) (10/10/2009)

By lyndagayle62

Archive: Removing Crazy Glue

How do I get Crazy Glue off of rhinestones on shoes? I was trying to keep them from falling out, but it made them dull looking.

By Darlene from Port St. Lucie, FL

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 30, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Sticker Glue from Wood Furniture
Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Skin
Kitchen Countertop
Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
bottle of super glue
Removing Super Glue from a Car's Exterior
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 8:57:55 AM on 10.0.1.30 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings