Browsing: Removing Super Glue from Eyeglasses

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Super Glue from Eyeglasses

Finding a way to clean this glue off your glasses can be a challenge. This guide is about removing super glue from eyeglasses.

Super Glue on Eyeglasses
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 10, 2015 Flag

I used nail polish remover and it came right off the eye glasses. Any ordinary nail polish remover will work.

Editor's Note: This tip is only for glass lenses without any protective coating. Nail polish remover will damage plastic lenses.

June 1, 2014 Flag

I have an antiglare coated eyeglass. Stains of Elfy adhesive got accidentally on the corner of it. It was very irritating. I tried to google for solutions but ended up having no solution to it. Finally, I tried to remove it by scrathing it a bit hardly with a scissor. I was able to remove the Elfy without harming the eyeglass. Hope it works for you too! :)

February 11, 2014 Flag

How do I get super glue off glasses lens?

By Sharon

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If the lenses are just glass and do not have a coating (anti-glare, anti-scratch, anti-reflective) you could possibly try nail polish remover. If they do have a special coating, the nail polish remover may damage the coating as well.

How to take superglue off your glasses

September 23, 2010 Flag

How do you remove Krazy glue from an eye glass lens?

By KC Lang from Detroit, MI

I put nail polish remover on a Q tip..soak the Q tip aell then rub well with the Q tip...

Then i took my fingernail and gently scratched the spot of crazy glue..i repeated a few times and it pretty much came off..sooner you catch it the better it comes off..

Read More Answers...

May 20, 2012 Flag

Does anyone know how to remove super glue from plastic eyeglass lens?

By Velma

I doubt very much that you will be able to get the super-glue off because the chemicals in the super-glue will have bonded forever with the plastics in your lenses. I'm sorry because I know how very expenses eyeglasses are (I wear tri-focals).

You can try nail polish remover. The acetate in it melts the super glue, but it might also ruin the lenses. Hospitals use acetate to melt the glue if you glue your fingers together.

September 8, 2013 Flag

How do you get Super Glue off eye glasses?

By Jodi

I know it works for skin, but perhaps finger nail polish remover? I don't know if it will effect the lens though.

May 6, 2013 Flag

I was repairing my eyeglasses' frame with superglue and the dog bumped me which caused a small smudge on the lenses. Is there something that I can remove this with which won't cause scratches?

By Carolyn C. from Jacksonville, FL

Fingernail polish remover. Don't get it all over the lens though,. It will leave an oily surface that may take a while to clean off but it won't make any scratches. I would recommend you use a toothpick to put drops on the super glue. Let it soak before trying to rub it off. Maybe even use the tooth pick to try to scrape some of the glue off once it softens ups to there is less to clean off (prevent smearing).

July 28, 2010 Flag

I got super glue on my glasses. How can I remove it?

By Dotty

If they are plastic and you can't used acetone all I think of is to leave them in water overnight to see if it will soften the glue enough to get it off without scratching.

I thought about acetone also. That's the only thing I know that works. I would try very little on a cotton swab. Good Luck.

January 16, 2013 Flag

This is a guide about removing super glue from eyeglasses. Super glue is meant to be permanent, so when you get it on something accidentally, it can be frustrating.

Loctite Super Glue

September 23, 2010 Flag

How do I remove Krazy glue from my eye glasses?

By Oliza

August 14, 2010 Flag

How do I remove Crazy glue from eyeglasses?

By Ken from Cocoa Beach, FL

Answers:

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

The only thing I know of that affects crazy glue is nail polish remover. You can try and clean it off with that, maybe let it soak in for a few minutes before trying to clean it. (03/08/2010)

By Suntydt

March 8, 2010 Flag

How do I remove crazy glue from eyeglass lens?

By Chris

Answers:

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

Call your eye doctor and ask. It will depend on the type of lens you have. I'm sure they will tell what and how to do it at no charge. And if they don't do it free of charge, I'd look into getting a new optometrist. (10/18/2009)

By PeggyLee

October 16, 2009 Flag

I accidentally spilled crazy glue on my lens while trying to repair my glasses. How can I remove the glue?

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJanuary 30, 2013
Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Skin
Kitchen Countertop
Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
bottle of super glue
Removing Super Glue from a Car's Exterior
Loctite Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Eyeglasses
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 7:46:53 PM on 10.0.0.77 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.