Removing Super Glue from Eyeglasses

Finding a way to clean this glue off your glasses can be a challenge. This guide is about removing super glue from eyeglasses.

Super Glue on Eyeglasses
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have an antiglare coated eyeglass. Stains of Elfy adhesive got accidentally on the corner of it. It was very irritating. I tried to google for solutions but ended up having no solution to it. Finally, I tried to remove it by scrathing it a bit hardly with a scissor. I was able to remove the Elfy without harming the eyeglass. Hope it works for you too! :)

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I used nail polish remover and it came right off the eye glasses. Any ordinary nail polish remover will work.

Editor's Note: This tip is only for glass lenses without any protective coating. Nail polish remover will damage plastic lenses.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I get super glue off glasses lens?

By Sharon

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If the lenses are just glass and do not have a coating (anti-glare, anti-scratch, anti-reflective) you could possibly try nail polish remover. If they do have a special coating, the nail polish remover may damage the coating as well.

Does anyone know how to remove super glue from plastic eyeglass lens?

By Velma

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can try nail polish remover. The acetate in it melts the super glue, but it might also ruin the lenses. Hospitals use acetate to melt the glue if you glue your fingers together.

Read More Answers...

How do you remove Krazy glue from an eye glass lens?

By KC Lang from Detroit, MI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Buy the strongest nail polish because it works! Must keep the cotton doubled tip swabs super wet at all times when rubbing the stained areas! I rubbed for 30 seconds in stained area and cleaned wet area with toilet paper "Continue same process again and again" Important!

One more thing "Keep the cotton swabs purely wet at all times and use 1 time with every different swab. Never use same swab again. I'm happy now! I thank Suntydt with the eye patch! God bless you Suntydt!

Read More Answers...

How do you get Super Glue off eye glasses?

By Jodi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I know it works for skin, but perhaps finger nail polish remover? I don't know if it will effect the lens though.

I was repairing my eyeglasses' frame with superglue and the dog bumped me which caused a small smudge on the lenses. Is there something that I can remove this with which won't cause scratches?

By Carolyn C. from Jacksonville, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Fingernail polish remover. Don't get it all over the lens though,. It will leave an oily surface that may take a while to clean off but it won't make any scratches. I would recommend you use a toothpick to put drops on the super glue. Let it soak before trying to rub it off. Maybe even use the tooth pick to try to scrape some of the glue off once it softens ups to there is less to clean off (prevent smearing).

I got super glue on my glasses. How can I remove it?

By Dotty

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I thought about acetone also. That's the only thing I know that works. I would try very little on a cotton swab. Good Luck.

Read More Answers...

This is a guide about removing super glue from eyeglasses. Super glue is meant to be permanent, so when you get it on something accidentally, it can be frustrating.

Loctite Super Glue

How do I remove Krazy glue from my eye glasses?

By Oliza

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I remove Crazy glue from eyeglasses?

By Ken from Cocoa Beach, FL

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

The only thing I know of that affects crazy glue is nail polish remover. You can try and clean it off with that, maybe let it soak in for a few minutes before trying to clean it. (03/08/2010)

By Suntydt

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I remove crazy glue from eyeglass lens?

By Chris

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

Call your eye doctor and ask. It will depend on the type of lens you have. I'm sure they will tell what and how to do it at no charge. And if they don't do it free of charge, I'd look into getting a new optometrist. (10/18/2009)

By PeggyLee

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I accidentally spilled crazy glue on my lens while trying to repair my glasses. How can I remove the glue?

Mark

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

If the lens is glass, you can chip it off with a razor. If they are plastic, you're sunk. (12/10/2008)

By kimhis

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

Acetone removes super glue on anything, but I would check with my optometrist in regard to lenses. (12/11/2008)

By castorswind

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

Upon being told by optical shops there was no repair, I tried methyl ethyl keytone (MEK). I wiped with it for ten seconds and then sprayed with 409 to cease the reaction. After a few sessions of the above, they turned out good as new. (01/24/2009)

By Tom

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How can I remove crazy glue from eyeglasses?

Carolyn from Grove, OK

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

Is it on the lens or the frames? A solvent for crazy glue is sold in most stores that sell crazy glue. I'm not sure if it should be used on the lens though, especially if you have plastic ones. Check with your eye care professional and see if they know of a way to clean the lens safely. (07/05/2006)

By Willowinthewinds

Crazy Glue

Depending on where the glue is, I would suggest using nail polish remover. I used to work in an eyeglass place and we used that to remove just about anything from the lenses, I never tried it on the frames. I would also suggest taking it to a place and seeing what they can do (most times it should be free or at least a very small charge). (07/05/2006)

By JourneyofaLifetime

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

I would be very careful about using nail polish remover or any solvent. Most lenses are made of plastic rather than glass these days because it's so much lighter. I would call the store where you got them and ask their advice. (07/11/2006)

By Claudia- MD

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

I just rubbed alcohol with a lens cleaner and it worked very well. It took some time though. (06/10/2008)

By denise

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
      Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJanuary 30, 2013
      A colorful wooden dresser.
      Removing Sticker Glue from Wood Furniture
      Super Glue
      Removing Super Glue from Skin
      Kitchen Countertop
      Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
      Loctite Super Glue
      Removing Super Glue from Eyeglasses
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 30, 2016 at 6:07:55 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 805 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.