Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Repairing Bleach Stains on Carpet

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Bleach Bottle

Bleach spills can actually remove the color from your carpet. This is a guide about repairing bleach stains on carpet.

Solutions: Repairing Bleach Stains on Carpet

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Crayons To Camoflauge Bleached Carpet

Oh my God! I found the solution for bleached stains on carpets! Simple as this: crayons and a hair dryer.

Just find the color matching your carpet and color it moving lightly over the stain, then use the dryer to "melt" the crayon (once you found the right match).

Try it. I did it and it worked. After I came home and found bleach stains on my carpet made by my husband. (Who was trying to clean some 'black spots')

By Joy from Los Angeles, CA

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Repairing Bleach Stains on Carpet.

Question: Repairing a Carpet Bleached and Stained by Dog Urine

I have a dark green carpet that dog urine has spoiled and several cleaners and stain removals later the carpet is 'bleached out'. What can I do to remove/colour the stains please?

By Reg

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny11/21/2013

Some business that clean carpets (the larger businesses) can also dye carpet in place in your home.

Question: Clorox Cleaner Changed the Color on Carpet

I was trying to clean up my cat's urine marks on the carpet. I unfortunately used Clorox cleaner, the kind you use to clean the kitchen and bathroom. I've used this in the past on my beige couches to get rid of stains. I thought since it didn't stain my couches that it would be okay on my beige carpet.

Unfortunately I was wrong. While I was cleaning it was fine, it looked like that it did the trick. I came back to the room the next day and saw that the carpet had changed color in those areas. Does anyone know how to fix it? I'm debating on getting a carpet cleaner or some Resolve on it. But I thought before I put anymore chemicals on it or spend any more money, I've come to ask for help.

By Lauren Z.

Question: Clorox Stains on Carpet

I was walking around checking things out and spilled Clorox on the carpet. I tried everything to get it out. Two weeks later I am still trying with no luck. Do you have any suggestions

By Izzabele from Scottsbluff, NE

Most Recent Answer

By OJP205/02/2012

I've done this. I bought Rit dye and put some (not all) in a clear glass added some water until I got what appeared a similar color. With a picture paintbrush, I painted the carpet. It's easier to start with a lighter color and add more if needed. I let it dry and it's permanent. Our new carpet was only a week old and I fixed an entire hallway. My spouse never knew. (You can always mix different colors of Rit together - I used small portions of powered Rit, not liquid - it seemed too potent.) Blotting helps too, it helps get the color down more deeply.

Question: Bleach Stain on Carpet

My new avocado colored carpet has a large bleach stain. Now I have a large lavender colored area. Help!

By Donna from NJ

Most Recent Answer

By Anonymous12/06/2010

Since it's a new carpet hopefully you're talking about wall to wall carpet and hopefully you have remnants from when the carpet was installed. If so, hire a professional to do a patch job with the remnants.

Question: Acne Medication Bleached Carpet

I have some kind of pimple medicine and my cousin split it on my rug. It had some kind of bleach in it, so it turned a big spot of my tan carpet orange. I tried this kind of stain remover for carpets and it didn't work. Then I used Spray and Wash which also didn't work. So what can I do? Can anyone help me please?

cheergirl

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.06/10/2010

Whatever is in acne medication is a bleach on fabrics. People find stains on towels and the necks of dark shirts as well. You cannot remove this stain from the rug, as it is not actually a stain. The medication has removed the color from the rug. You must do what others have suggested -- either try to camouflage the spot with colored markers, replace that piece of rug with another piece cut from inside the closet or under the sofa or from scraps you might have, or put a throw rug or a piece of furniture on top of it.

Question: Clorox Stains on Carpet

How do I get Clorox stains out of my carpet? My Clorox bottle tipped over and spilled and splashed some sections on my carpet. It now looks pinkish in color. Any suggestions?

Bridget from AZ

Most Recent Answer

By gator09/25/2008

Agreed, once the bleach has had time to 'set' you're pretty-much stuck with the consequences. You could try re-dying the carpet however here's another who agrees: replace that piece of carpet with a piece that was underneath furniture; you could switch the pieces; most people won't see a 'bad dye job' that's underneath furniture - smile. I've had this problem with carpet and clothing. My attempts at restoring color have yet been satisfactory however I'll keep on trying until I'm happy with the results.

Next time you're cleaning w/bleach near carpet, be sure to carry white vinegar, both mixed to the same dilution. If you quickly douse the area w/vinegar; this will neutralize the bleach. Then blot everything w/a thick towel, rags or wad of paper towels. When i had the vinegar handy, the walls were not damaged; when i had to go get some, the stain was removed but looking at the wall from an angle i could see a slight color change.

Good luck with your efforts. Keep us posted :o)

Question: Covering Up Clorox Stains On Carpet

How can I remove/hide Clorox stains on carpet? I have a small Clorox stain on my carpet near the washer and I heard that there is some type of dye or spray that is available to cover it up. Has anyone heard this?

Onesummer

Most Recent Answer

By pam munro08/27/2008

I would just use a marker as close as possible to the carpet's color - use permanent marker if you can - but otherwise scraft markers will work fairly well, too but won't be as durable & waterproof. You can even use colored eyemakeup to color the spot!

Question: Peroxide Stain on Carpet

I have a small "bleached" spot from peroxide on my carpet, the carpet is tan and brand new; I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tammy from Japan

Most Recent Answer

By Beverly (Guest Post)07/16/2007

If there is a closet in the room and has the same carpet in the closet you can cut a small piece out of the corner and replace the stained spot with it (glue it in place).

Question: Bleach Water Spilled on Carpet

A mop bucket that contained water with bleach in it was knocked over on my carpet! Will it stain my blue carpet? Does anyone have any ideas on this subject? All replies are welcome!

Catherine from UK

Most Recent Answer

By Colorful Carpets (Guest Post)07/25/2007

Unfortunately you most likely will end up with carpet that is faded and bleached out. Especially since you have blue carpet. Blue is actually the color that is most readily damaged by bleaches and alkaline chemicals. It is possible, however, to repair this color damage.

I will share the same information that I posted for another individual who had spilled bleach on their carpet:

While there are some do-it-yourself spot dye kits available, this repair really should be left to a professional carpet dyeing company as it would be nearly impossible for an untrained person to achieve a good color match. Also, the bleach spot needs to be properly and fully neutralized, using a bleach neutralizer in order to prevent the spot from just fading out again once it has been repaired.

I would suggest that you check in your local telephone directory to locate a carpet dyeing professional who can perform this repair for you. You could also look for a company or individual online.

Hope this helps you!

Sincerely,

Chris Howell
www.colorfulcarpets.com
Maryland, USA

RE: Bleach Water Spilled on Carpet