Browsing: Repairing Bleach Stains on Carpet

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Repairing Bleach Stains on Carpet

Bleach spills can actually remove the color from your carpet. This is a guide about repairing bleach stains on carpet.

Bleach Bottle
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 5, 2007 Flag

Oh my God! I found the solution for bleached stains on carpets! Simple as this: crayons and a hair dryer. Just find the color matching your carpet and color it moving lightly over the stain, then use the dryer to "melt" the crayon (once you found the right match).

September 21, 2008 Flag

How do I get Clorox stains out of my carpet? My Clorox bottle tipped over and spilled and splashed some sections on my carpet. It now looks pinkish in color. Any suggestions?

Bridget from AZ

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Agreed, once the bleach has had time to 'set' you're pretty-much stuck with the consequences. You could try re-dying the carpet however here's another who agrees: replace that piece of carpet with a piece that was underneath furniture; you could switch the pieces; most people won't see a 'bad dye job' that's underneath furniture - smile. I've had this problem with carpet and clothing. My attempts at restoring color have yet been satisfactory however I'll keep on trying until I'm happy with the results.

Good luck with your efforts. Keep us posted :o)

Actually I did this in spots and the size of half my hand..they were light pink in color and my carpet was light beige. I watered down a beige colour of acrylic paint (craft store) used a small craft brush and worked it into the carpet then blotted with paper towel

It came out great and no hard dried areas because I really thined it out..I only needed a little paint..I picked out two colours in case the lighter beige color was not dark enough and could then add a drop or two of the medium colour

It is best to start out lighyet cause you can always add to make it a little darker than vice versa. Good luck

Read More Answers...

June 7, 2010 Flag

I have some kind of pimple medicine and my cousin split it on my rug. It had some kind of bleach in it, so it turned a big spot of my tan carpet orange. I tried this kind of stain remover for carpets and it didn't work. Then I used Spray and Wash which also didn't work. So what can I do? Can anyone help me please?

cheergirl

From what I have seen, if your carpet has turned orange you need to add blue to turn it tan again. I would try just adding one drop of blue dye to a spray bottle full of water and spritz the orange area. Wet vac it up and repeat until you have reached tan. Make sure your blue dye is very light mixed in the water. That way you can repeat it...its better to repeat the steps, than get too much on...look at the you tube videos...they were very helpful.

It says it right on the bottle -benzol peroxide. And warns you re fabric bleaching

Read More Answers...

April 28, 2012 Flag

I was walking around checking things out and spilled Clorox on the carpet. I tried everything to get it out. Two weeks later I am still trying with no luck. Do you have any suggestions

By Izzabele from Scottsbluff, NE

I've done this. I bought Rit dye and put some (not all) in a clear glass added some water until I got what appeared a similar color. With a picture paintbrush, I painted the carpet. It's easier to start with a lighter color and add more if needed. I let it dry and it's permanent.

Our new carpet was only a week old and I fixed an entire hallway. My spouse never knew. (You can always mix different colors of Rit together - I used small portions of powered Rit, not liquid - it seemed too potent.) Blotting helps too, it helps get the color down more deeply.

I've done this. I bought Rit dye and put some (not all) in a clear glass added some water until I got what appeared a similar color. With a picture paintbrush, I painted the carpet. It's easier to start with a lighter color and add more if needed. I let it dry and it's permanent. Our new carpet was only a week old and I fixed an entire hallway. My spouse never knew. (You can always mix different colors of Rit together - I used small portions of powered Rit, not liquid - it seemed too potent.) Blotting helps too, it helps get the color down more deeply.

Read More Answers...

October 7, 2014 Flag

I accidentally spilled bleach on my cream colored carpet and it left a yellowish stain. Does anyone know how to get it out?

By Hannah W.

This is not actually a stain that you can 'get out'. You removed the color from the carpet. You only really have a couple of options. If you have some scraps of the carpet left:

1. Try to create a stain that will match it. Try coffee, tea, Rit dye, face powder, cinnamon, ginger or something else. Try it on a scrap before you try it on your carpet!

2. If you can not stain it, replace it with a piece of the scrap. This should only be undertaken by a professional or after you have practiced it with old carpet!

3. Stain your entire carpet with bleach to match.

4. Learn to live with it.

Good luck

December 3, 2010 Flag

My new avocado colored carpet has a large bleach stain. Now I have a large lavender colored area. Help!

By Donna from NJ

Aside from buying carpet dyes over the 'net and then they won't dye the same shade, so why not buy an area rug and lay over the top to hide it?

Since it's a new carpet hopefully you're talking about wall to wall carpet and hopefully you have remnants from when the carpet was installed. If so, hire a professional to do a patch job with the remnants.

Read More Answers...

November 19, 2013 Flag

I have a dark green carpet that dog urine has spoiled and several cleaners and stain removals later the carpet is 'bleached out'. What can I do to remove/colour the stains please?

By Reg

Some business that clean carpets (the larger businesses) can also dye carpet in place in your home.

May 15, 2014 Flag

My bath vanity area carpet has a few spots on it where bleach had splattered. I used a 'close to' colored marker on the carpet spots and it looks like new!

April 25, 2006 Flag

A mop bucket that contained water with bleach in it was knocked over on my carpet! Will it stain my blue carpet? Does anyone have any ideas on this subject? All replies are welcome!

Catherine from UK

I have dropped a bottle of bleach water on a blue carpet before and frantically tried to soak it up thinking I'd undoubtedly have a bleach spot there. I wasn't able to immediately soak it with anything so it did sit for perhaps 2 minutes. NOthing happened...I was totally surprised, and I'm not sure why it didn't bleach the carpet. Maybe the ratio of bleach to water was too low, or maybe the solution had set long enough for the bleach to lose its potency. At any rate I was extremely relieved.

Unfortunately you most likely will end up with carpet that is faded and bleached out. Especially since you have blue carpet. Blue is actually the color that is most readily damaged by bleaches and alkaline chemicals. It is possible, however, to repair this color damage.

I will share the same information that I posted for another individual who had spilled bleach on their carpet:

While there are some do-it-yourself spot dye kits available, this repair really should be left to a professional carpet dyeing company as it would be nearly impossible for an untrained person to achieve a good color match. Also, the bleach spot needs to be properly and fully neutralized, using a bleach neutralizer in order to prevent the spot from just fading out again once it has been repaired.

I would suggest that you check in your local telephone directory to locate a carpet dyeing professional who can perform this repair for you. You could also look for a company or individual online.

Hope this helps you!

Sincerely,

Chris Howell

www.colorfulcarpets.com

Maryland, USA

Read More Answers...
Load More
Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsAugust 9, 2012
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 25, 2016 at 7:12:55 AM on 10.0.2.14 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.