Repairing Bleach Stains on Carpet

Bleach spills can actually remove the color from your carpet. This is a guide about repairing bleach stains on carpet.

Bleach Bottle
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Oh my God! I found the solution for bleached stains on carpets! Simple as this: crayons and a hair dryer. Just find the color matching your carpet and color it moving lightly over the stain, then use the dryer to "melt" the crayon (once you found the right match).

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I get Clorox stains out of my carpet? My Clorox bottle tipped over and spilled and splashed some sections on my carpet. It now looks pinkish in color. Any suggestions?

Bridget from AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Agreed, once the bleach has had time to 'set' you're pretty-much stuck with the consequences. You could try re-dying the carpet however here's another who agrees: replace that piece of carpet with a piece that was underneath furniture; you could switch the pieces; most people won't see a 'bad dye job' that's underneath furniture - smile. I've had this problem with carpet and clothing. My attempts at restoring color have yet been satisfactory however I'll keep on trying until I'm happy with the results.

Good luck with your efforts. Keep us posted :o)

Read More Answers...

I accidentally spilled bleach on my cream colored carpet and it left a yellowish stain. Does anyone know how to get it out?

By Hannah W.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is not actually a stain that you can 'get out'. You removed the color from the carpet. You only really have a couple of options. If you have some scraps of the carpet left:

1. Try to create a stain that will match it. Try coffee, tea, Rit dye, face powder, cinnamon, ginger or something else. Try it on a scrap before you try it on your carpet!

2. If you can not stain it, replace it with a piece of the scrap. This should only be undertaken by a professional or after you have practiced it with old carpet!

3. Stain your entire carpet with bleach to match.

4. Learn to live with it.

Good luck

I was walking around checking things out and spilled Clorox on the carpet. I tried everything to get it out. Two weeks later I am still trying with no luck. Do you have any suggestions

By Izzabele from Scottsbluff, NE

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've done this. I bought Rit dye and put some (not all) in a clear glass added some water until I got what appeared a similar color. With a picture paintbrush, I painted the carpet. It's easier to start with a lighter color and add more if needed. I let it dry and it's permanent. Our new carpet was only a week old and I fixed an entire hallway. My spouse never knew. (You can always mix different colors of Rit together - I used small portions of powered Rit, not liquid - it seemed too potent.) Blotting helps too, it helps get the color down more deeply.

Read More Answers...

My new avocado colored carpet has a large bleach stain. Now I have a large lavender colored area. Help!

By Donna from NJ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Since it's a new carpet hopefully you're talking about wall to wall carpet and hopefully you have remnants from when the carpet was installed. If so, hire a professional to do a patch job with the remnants.

Read More Answers...

I have a dark green carpet that dog urine has spoiled and several cleaners and stain removals later the carpet is 'bleached out'. What can I do to remove/colour the stains please?

By Reg

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Some business that clean carpets (the larger businesses) can also dye carpet in place in your home.

I have some kind of pimple medicine and my cousin split it on my rug. It had some kind of bleach in it, so it turned a big spot of my tan carpet orange. I tried this kind of stain remover for carpets and it didn't work. Then I used Spray and Wash which also didn't work. So what can I do? Can anyone help me please?

cheergirl

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Whatever is in acne medication is a bleach on fabrics. People find stains on towels and the necks of dark shirts as well. You cannot remove this stain from the rug, as it is not actually a stain. The medication has removed the color from the rug. You must do what others have suggested -- either try to camouflage the spot with colored markers, replace that piece of rug with another piece cut from inside the closet or under the sofa or from scraps you might have, or put a throw rug or a piece of furniture on top of it.

Read More Answers...

My bath vanity area carpet has a few spots on it where bleach had splattered. I used a 'close to' colored marker on the carpet spots and it looks like new!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A mop bucket that contained water with bleach in it was knocked over on my carpet! Will it stain my blue carpet? Does anyone have any ideas on this subject? All replies are welcome!

Catherine from UK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Unfortunately you most likely will end up with carpet that is faded and bleached out. Especially since you have blue carpet. Blue is actually the color that is most readily damaged by bleaches and alkaline chemicals. It is possible, however, to repair this color damage.

I will share the same information that I posted for another individual who had spilled bleach on their carpet:

While there are some do-it-yourself spot dye kits available, this repair really should be left to a professional carpet dyeing company as it would be nearly impossible for an untrained person to achieve a good color match. Also, the bleach spot needs to be properly and fully neutralized, using a bleach neutralizer in order to prevent the spot from just fading out again once it has been repaired.

I would suggest that you check in your local telephone directory to locate a carpet dyeing professional who can perform this repair for you. You could also look for a company or individual online.

Hope this helps you!

Sincerely,

Chris Howell

www.colorfulcarpets.com

Maryland, USA

Read More Answers...

I have a small "bleached" spot from peroxide on my carpet, the carpet is tan and brand new; I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tammy from Japan

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If there is a closet in the room and has the same carpet in the closet you can cut a small piece out of the corner and replace the stained spot with it (glue it in place).

Read More Answers...

How can I remove/hide Clorox stains on carpet? I have a small Clorox stain on my carpet near the washer and I heard that there is some type of dye or spray that is available to cover it up. Has anyone heard this?

Onesummer

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would just use a marker as close as possible to the carpet's color - use permanent marker if you can - but otherwise scraft markers will work fairly well, too but won't be as durable & waterproof. You can even use colored eyemakeup to color the spot!

Read More Answers...
    Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsAugust 9, 2012
    Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
    Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
    Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
    Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
    grease stain on carpet
    Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
    Cleaning Carpet
    Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 11:04:27 AM on 10.0.0.156 in 332 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.