Frigidaire Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working

Category Ice Machines
Frigidaire logo
Ice makers are very handy when they are working properly. This guide is about repairing a Frigidaire ice maker.

I have a Frigidaire ice maker model #M1 SA8868 . It is getting no power on main black wire where should I look? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

By joeroo from Holiday, FL

Have you tried the Repair Clinic? I seem to remember I was able to find information off their website for my Whirlpool.

http://www.repa  /RepairHelp.aspx

The schematic for the unit is probably in a package in the back or bottom of the fridge. If you are relatively handy, you can follow it to end your problem. Of course you should be sure the connections are tight. It may be just that simple.

I installed my icemaker myself and aside from locating the wiring harness, it all came together perfectly. Frigidaire was a little less than helpful in procuring the harness, but I managed to find it on ebay.

The unit is working fine and yours probably will too. Recheck the installation. Good luck.

I have a side by side Frigidaire that is about 2 months out of warranty...go figure. I first noticed the water was slowing down and then a few days later I noticed the ice tray was almost empty, but the arm was down to make ice. I checked the water line into the back of the fridge and it had good flow. The filter change indicator never came on, but I changed the filter anyway. I have an under sink RO system so the filter should not need changing anyway. Any ideas?

By Burney

Need to check inside freezer where water comes into the ice maker. Sometimes they clog up. May pick up a used ice maker and see if it will work.

My ice maker is not working; someone said it could be called "water snot". It is a Frigidaire. This just started a week ago. It was making ice, but not full cubes, just partial.

By Steve from Baltimore, MD

Answers

Hey Steve, my icemaker did a similar thing after I installed it. I didn't have time to mess with it right then, but when I got back to it, the bin was full. I think it had something to do with the water line. They can be finicky when first installed, but seem to work themselves out. In any case it is working great now, and were building igloos in PA. Unless a component failed, yours will probably start working fine. Don't sweat it. Just give it a little time. The ice fairy will hook you up. Good luck with it. Iceman

I have a Frigidaire side by side. I replaced the filter, I replaced the icemaker, I checked the water hose from pump to icemaker all clear, but there is still no ice. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

My Frigidaire model FFHS2611LWF ice maker arm spring came off inside the ice maker arm. What do I hook it on after I get the spring on the arm?

My Frigidaire will not fill the ice bin for the door dispenser. What could be wrong?

By bosard

The ice maker quit working on my Frigidaire Elite. Now I notice occasional spray leakage in back at the water inlet connection.

By H Miller

The ice maker on my Frigidaire side-by-side clicks constantly as soon as the arm on the ice maker is down. Water drips into the ice tray and down the front of the water dispenser. I have replaced the water valve, have good water pressure and the hoses aren't leaking that I can see.

By Ellen from IN

My Frigidaire ice maker is cycling, but no water is released into the ice maker. Can the water valve freeze up, or has it broken?

By Terry from Weatherford, TX

Answers:

Frigidaire Ice Maker Not Working

Perhaps the water filter is either clogged, or has been moved about? Or have you moved your refrigerator and perhaps kinked the copper tubing? (03/23/2010)

By islandsage

Frigidaire Ice Maker Not Working

We had the same problem with our Kenmore. Repair person said unplug for 24 hours to defrost the water line. Hope this helps!

Janelle
(03/23/2010)

By jalicia77

Our Frigidaire icemaker quit working and we can't afford another one. Any suggestions? We had installed a new filter about 10 days earlier.

Elizabeth from Hart, Michigan

Answers:

Ice Maker Not Working

I turned my water off to replace a faucet and fix a water line and my ice maker in my Whirlpool side by side quit working too. I got the blow dryer out, took about five min. and my ice maker is working again! Thanks for the help! (03/02/2007)

By Lynn

Ice Maker Not Working

I have a Whirlpool Gold side-by-side and its ice maker stopped working. I tried lowering the temperature and I checked the little black spigot thing for ice, but neither helped. I couldn't figure it out until I removed the ice maker. When I did, I found that it was a broken tab that held on the ejector gear (see www.repairclinic.com for diagrams).

To fix it I tried super glue, but that didn't work. Turns out super glue loses all strength in the freezer. Next I tried some glue I had left over from putting sprinkler pipes together. That held, but just barely, so finally I used a little ball of glue putty like a cap on the end of the tabs. That worked and I now have ice again.

I recommend taking out the ice maker to really see what the problem is. To remove mine I unplugged the frig, carefully removed the little door over the ice maker, unscrewed the 4 hex screws on the bottom of the ice maker, pushed in the little tab on the bottom left of the maker, slid the maker out, and unplugged it. (09/01/2008)

By Jeff

Ice Maker Not Working

Yea! I went here and fixed mine. But I would like to save someone else the trouble I went through. I removed all of the components only to find out if I gently turned the fitting that the water line connects to in the back counter clock-wise it pulls out. And that where the frozen clog was! I am sure all models are not the same so do not try to force your fitting. I have a 2002-2004 Fridgidare side by side with water and ice in the door. The water supply line in the back is green and goes towards the top on the back side. Good Luck. (12/17/2008)

By Corey from FL

Ice Maker Not Working

Check modual gear before calling in expert. (03/27/2009)

By miwok10