Valentine's Day Wreaths
An attractive, creative holiday decoration you can make is a wreath. This guide contains Valentine's day wreaths
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make a Valentine wreath from scrapbook paper.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 12 by 12 inch double sided scrapbook paper
- double stick tape
- 1/8 inch ribbon
- small hole punch
- Cut 9 - 12 inch by 3/4 inch strips of paper, fold each in half.
- Bring the other ends together to form the heart, use a small piece of double sided tape.
- Continue to do this with all 9 strips.
- Lay out the hearts to form a circle leaving a space in the center.
- Put about a 1/2" piece of tape on each heart to connect them together.
- To make the hanger punch a very small hole in two places (see photo), slip the ribbon through and make about three knots on top of each other so the ends don't come through.
- Cut 6 small hearts (same size) for the center area of the wreath. Glue or tape them to each other.
- Thread ribbon through the middle and tie three knots at the bottom so it does not slip through.
- Find the center heart when wreath is hung and punch a small hole at the tip of that heart. Slide the other end of the ribbon through and tie three knots so it does not slip through.
- You could use single sided paper and white glue, I just used what I had on hand, paper should have some weight to it though.
By NoRulesArt from sunny FL
To make this heart wreath, we traced a large circle then a smaller one on the inside of a pizza box. We glued foam hearts onto the wreath, one on top of the other in 3 different sizes. We used a hole punch to cut out confetti in all different colors to fill in the spaces. We used glitter on a red heart in the middle of wreath that said "XO" and tied it inside the hole of the wreath with a ribbon. Using a hole punch, we made a hole at the top with a ribbon for hanging. This kept the kids busy for 2 hours.
By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario
A cute way to say Happy Valentine's Day to anyone coming in the house. I have mine hanging on the front door.
Approximate Time: 2 hours
- felt in red, pink, and white with red
- red ribbon
- white paint pen or marker
- Cut out a large red heart from felt.
- Cut out inside of the heart leaving about an inch around the whole heart, so the inside of the heart is open.
- Cut out 4 small red hearts, 2 pink ones, and 4 of the red and white hearts, make sure they are all the same size.
- Cut out a medium size heart from red felt. Write on it with paint pen Happy Valentine's Day in white.
- Glue small hearts randomly around the big heart, leave to dry overnight.
- Cut a piece of red ribbon about 20 inches long make a loop for hanging and glue both sides to back of medium sized heart.
- When dry glue the loop onto the back of big heart for hanging. When it's dry your done, hang it up!
By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario
Invite visitors with a welcoming wreath, made especially for Valentine's Day.
Crafting Time: 20 - 30 minutes
What You Need:
- red, white, and pink construction paper
- black marker
- dimensional paint
- glitter glue
- Trace and cut heart shapes from red, pink, and white paper.
- On each heart write the name of a family member or friend in black marker.
- Decorate the hearts with dimensional paint and glitter glue. Allow the paint to dry.
- Glue the hearts together in the shape of a wreath. When the glue dries, hang the wreath on your front door.
By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL
December 3, 20160 found this helpful
Decorate for Valentine's Day with this handmade heart shaped wreath. This is a guide about making an argyle heart wreath.
December 2, 20160 found this helpful
This pretty Valentine's day decorative wreath is fun and easy to make. This is a guide about making a yarn wrapped heart wreath.
Decorate a grapevine wreath for Valentine's Day!
April 6, 20170 found this helpful
Displaying a lovely romantic wreath at Valentine's time is easy especially if you make your own. This page shows you how to make one version inexpensively. This is a guide about how to make a romantic wreath.
March 18, 20170 found this helpful
Use a new or recycled wreath to display Valentine mementos from years gone by. This is a guide about assembling a Valentine love through the years wreath.