Easy Barbecue Ribs

This recipe allows for a quick preparation of a slow cooked classic, perfect for those of us on the go!

• A rack of your favorite ribs
  • 1 Lemon
  • McCormick Salad supreme seasoning
  • Black pepper
  • Liquid Smoke, 1 Tbsp.
  • Ad
  • Your favorite barbecue sauce (I like Kraft hickory Smoked right out of the bottle or make your own)

Directions:

In the morning, or 4 to 5 hours before meal time, rinse the ribs under cold water. Sprinkle with seasoning and pepper. Roll the rack up jelly roll style and stand upright in your crock pot. Add the liquid smoke to the pot and squeeze the juice of the lemon over the rack. Put on the lid and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.

The ribs will be tender, carefully unroll them and brush liberally with the barbecue sauce and grill over high heat, turning as you wish, till the ribs are cracklin' hot and the sauce is sizzling. Serve.

This is a quick version of this wonderful favorite for those of us that have little time on our hands and do not have the time to slow grill our ribs.

Servings: 4 to more
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
4 to 6 hours (Crockpot), 10 minutes at most (Grill) Cooking Time

Source: This is my own concoction that I came up with by trial and error. It works well for me, and allows me to enjoy a slow grilled favorite, ans still keep up with a busy lifestyle.

By Pat from Springfield, MO

September 9, 2009 Flag

Ingredients

• small country style ribs
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup smoked BBQ sauce
  • 1 bottle or can Coke or Pepsi

Directions

Put meat in cold Dutch oven. Mix liquids and pour over meat. Turn stove on high; bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer 2-3 hours.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Easy Barbecue Ribs

Hi Robin,

This sounds good, I think I've had ribs cooked with Coke before. I do have one question. You say to use 'small country style ribs'. Okay, so I haven't cooked ribs too often at home, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'small'...is that half a rack, one rack....???? I would think of baby back when I think small, but can't decide the rack size for the liquid ratio you give in the recipe.

Thanks!
Corine (03/27/2008)

By Corine

Easy Barbecue Ribs

sounds yummi-licious : )) (03/28/2008)

By U*u*U

Barbecue Ribs
Barbecue Ribs Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats RibsSeptember 9, 2009
Barbecued Spare Ribs
Barbecued Spare Ribs Recipes
Mini ribs in a ceramic dish.
Microwave Ribs Recipes
Spare Ribs
Cooking Spare Ribs
Slow Cooker Pork Ribs
Slow Cooker Pork Ribs Recipes
🎉
🎄