Ink and Marker off of Vinyl

How do I remove ink from a white vinyl chair? I have tried everything that I have read about or someone recommended and nothing has worked. Some areas of the ink have become lighter, but never gone. It is blue pen ink.

By Gisela

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Try turpentine and steel wool. Scrub gently and wipe clean. Do this a few times, then wipe clean with water. Worked for same problem I had, on bright orange vinyl and didn't strip the paint or anything.

Nothing worked on my white chairs to remove ink, so I tried 'ACETONE' . It did the job very well, but you have to try on small area first as this is a solvent and may strip the paint. I rubbed very gently little by little and it worked. It seemed to remove bit of shine of the vinyl, but I used the 'Marveer' furniture polish to bring the shine back. I only used it on white vinyl and probably would be careful with the colour vinyl.

Answer

Vinyl Couches
Removing Ink on Vinyl
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJune 26, 2010
A newspaper on a wood table.
Removing Newspaper Ink from Wood Furniture
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 10:10:40 PM on 10.0.0.49 in 299 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.