Ink and Marker off of Vinyl

How do I remove ink from a white vinyl chair? I have tried everything that I have read about or someone recommended and nothing has worked. Some areas of the ink have become lighter, but never gone. It is blue pen ink.

By Gisela

Best Answer

Try turpentine and steel wool. Scrub gently and wipe clean. Do this a few times, then wipe clean with water. Worked for same problem I had, on bright orange vinyl and didn't strip the paint or anything.

Nothing worked on my white chairs to remove ink, so I tried 'ACETONE' . It did the job very well, but you have to try on small area first as this is a solvent and may strip the paint. I rubbed very gently little by little and it worked. It seemed to remove bit of shine of the vinyl, but I used the 'Marveer' furniture polish to bring the shine back. I only used it on white vinyl and probably would be careful with the colour vinyl.

Vinyl Couches
Removing Ink on Vinyl
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJune 26, 2010
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather