Pen Stains In Entire Load Of Laundry

I accidentally washed a pen inside of my shorts pocket in a FULL load of laundry, containing my daughters adorable clothes and my husbands work clothes. I need to get it out. Open to any suggestions? I have tried many things but none seem to work. Please help. All clothes are stained.

Morgan from Missouri

I am not sure if this will work after the clothes have gone though the wash but before it is washed use hairspray.

spray it on like a prewash. also takes ink off hands if sprayed on and let sit a moment or two before washing hands.

I agree hairspray sometimes work for ink stains in clothes but if there is a lot of ink in one area it won't work and it will make the stain worse.. Go to the cleaners they may be able to help...

I have successfully removed ink from a white shirt using rubbing alcohol. It is inexpensive and worth trying.

I got magic marker out of my marker with purell hand santisizer. the marker was dark blue and my carpet seafoam green. worked like a whiz!!!

You TRULY have your work cut out for you. Wear thick kitchen rubber gloves, and when you find which works out of these suggestions, take your time, using plenty of paper towels to soak up what ink is released, before applying soap or re-washing/drying because it will set the stain MORE.

It may cost you a lot to try, but use only one bottle of something, and give it plenty of TIME to work, but not letting the spot DRY OUT. Stay close, observe every ten minutes, set your timer, don't leave them long.

If it were mine, I'd try on DRY clothes only, one place with WD-40, another with the Hand Sanitizer, another with straight alcohol, another with Ultra Dawn II, and use double/triple paper towel padding below each stain, changing the towel pads with every single product/scrub with the back of a spoon handle, but not too much as to damage the threads.

If much of the stain from one product comes out, leaving a residue, try using the alcohols/soaps last.

You may have to do this several times on each stain, which is where all your labor will come from.

Stay calm, or you could damage something. Dedicate a whole day to the project and use common sense about it, staying alert to exactly what you used, keeping in mind that the TYPE of fabric is very important. Example: If all Cotton, it will frey with more rubbing, taking longer to release the ink. If synthetic, it shouldn't be as difficult to remove.If denim, it will be the toughest, unless the ink is blue! If light colored, and the ink permanent, it's lost, in my opinion. AS a LAST resort, try LesToil and/or OxyClean as directed to remove oils/soaps/minute stain residues. Good luck and may God help you. : )

Use sour cream or yougurt. Put either directly on a stain and rub or use a toothbrush. Rinse and repeat.

It will not make things worse. Try it. Also it is not toxic. It worked for me.

Laundry Tips and Tricks, Dirty Laundry in a White Basket
Laundry Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJuly 23, 2007
woman doing laundry
Disinfecting Laundry
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Hand pouring powdered laundry detergent into washing machine using pink scoop
Emergency Laundry Detergent Substitutions
A woman looking at her stained clothing.
Rust Stains From My Washing Machine
🎉
🎄