Browsing: Curtain Color Advice

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Curtain Color Advice

Choosing just the right color curtains can complete the overall color scheme of your room. This guide contains curtain color advice.

Color Coordinated Curtains in Modern Home
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 4, 2016 Flag

We recently bought curtains that once put up looked very similar to the wall color. We are debating whether to keep this color that blends with the wall color or to put up rust colored curtains similar to the pillow flipped over on the couch on the left in the same style. Suggestions?

living room
Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I used Gimp to change the color of your curtains to rust, then to cinnamon, then dark green. Assuming you aren't going to change anything else in the room, If I were you, I'd leave the curtains as they are.

Read More Answers...

January 6, 2016 Flag

I have pumpkin colored walls in my kitchen and a brown floor. I am wondering what color curtains would look the best on the french doors. I've posted a picture of the color and french doors. Thanks in advance.

french doors and pumpkin walls

if you want to change it up in future, a tiny blue plaid would look very rustic.

Read More Answers...

July 21, 2016 Flag

I have a very dark living room. My furniture is dark too. Should or can I go with white curtains for more light? I have a lot of red, green, brown, and off white walls.

I love white curtains. I have white sheers, with mini-blinds if I need to darken the room.

April 3, 2016 Flag

I have a red leather sectional. Everything else is neutral beige walls, black or espresso furniture, and dark wood floors. What color curtains should I get? I was thinking black or tan.

Curtain Color Advice

Don't know if you're into it or not, but I think with this room's particular 'ambiance', a touch of art deco would look nice,

Read More Answers...

June 13, 2016 Flag

I have a wooden sofa with walnut coloured polish. The walls and flooring are off-white in colour. Please suggest the colour of solid curtain and sheer both.

I have light grey walls dark chocolate couch what color can I use for curtains

Read More Answers...

January 29, 2016 Flag

I have a dark chocolate sofa and chair. The walls are beige, so is the ceiling. What color should the curtains and sheers be? I'm also going to add some decor and an art wall. Please help me.

Curtain Color AdviceCurtain Color Advice

A nice pattern in the mint to turquoise area with the same Brown . Like the eye cat print & use the same shears. Iridescent and pearl accessories around will be nice. Good luck :)

Read More Answers...

July 5, 2016 Flag

I have a small bedroom with a black and gold patterned wall paper on one side of the room, a green wall, blue floor, and black furniture. What colour curtains are best for the 2 windows to make the room warm and happy?

bedroom painted and papered walls

Gold is a warm color, blue and green are cold colors in the room. If you desire more warm colors, then you need to change the green wall to a warm color such as a warm gray which looks good with the blue floor and black wallpaper. Add a wall mirror to create an illusion of the room appearing to be larger. Curtains can have black, gray and blue print in them or just go with light blue or gray sheers and add blue or gray curtains if you choose solids, or add sheers to the print fabric curtains.

January 4, 2016 Flag

Would moss green curtains look good on kitchen french doors? The kitchen walls are a pumpkin color and the floor is brown.

Thanks for all your responses. Great idea to get material.

Read More Answers...

August 8, 2015 Flag

My husband and I just bought our home and we have a gray sofa-sectional, but are debating on the colors for our curtains. Eventually, we want to stain our floors darker and paint our walls a very light gray (almost white). We want to have 2 levels of curtains. I think we should have a sky/light blue curtain with white sheer curtain in the back, but my husband wants a medium to dark gray curtain with the white sheer curtain in the back. I don't know if there's a term for the sheer white curtains or not. I was also thinking of white curtains. Our living room is really small. A lot smaller than it looks in the picture. Please help. Thank you!

livingroom Curtain Color Advice

I agree with Louise about draperies the same color or a shade darker, making the room appear larger. The reason this happens is, if you have draperies near the same color as the wall, there appears to be an uninterrupted view across the entire wall, creating a sense of spaciousness.

Read More Answers...

January 12, 2014 Flag

I have tan walls, brown furniture and one blue accent wall. What color should I use for curtains? I'm thinking white because it is safe and goes with everything. Any other ideas?

By Amanda B.

Best Answer

A deeper or brighter blue might work. What color is the wall where the window is located? I would suggest keeping the curtains in the same color family as the wall, and using white for accents repeated throughout the room - pillows, large pictures, vases, throw rugs, lamps, etc. General rule is not more than three colors, but you can play with the intensity of the color - bright, shiny brown, bright blue, pale blue.

Read More Answers...
Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsApril 20, 2012
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Curtains and Rug
Curtain and Rug Color Advice
Woman hanging a window treatment.
Window Treatment Advice
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 8:23:54 PM on 10.0.1.69 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.