Curtain Color Advice

Choosing just the right color curtains can complete the overall color scheme of your room. This guide contains curtain color advice.

Color Coordinated Curtains in Modern Home
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

We have recently shifted at this place. We have a dark brown sofa set and the walls are yellow/beige colour. Please advise on the options for curtain colour and designs.

room with two dark brown couches and a coffee table
    AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Read More Answers...

I have pumpkin colored walls in my kitchen and a brown floor. I am wondering what color curtains would look the best on the french doors. I've posted a picture of the color and french doors. Thanks in advance.

french doors and pumpkin walls
      AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yay !!

Read More Answers...

I have a red leather sectional. Everything else is neutral beige walls, black or espresso furniture, and dark wood floors. What color curtains should I get? I was thinking black or tan.

Curtain Color Advice
        AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Don't know if you're into it or not, but I think with this room's particular 'ambiance', a touch of art deco would look nice,

Read More Answers...

We purchased a furnished mobile home that has grayish-brown (not dark brown, see the pics) carpet, a burgundy recliner, a beige sofa, and off-white walls in the living room. I've had temporary Goodwill curtains hanging and I'm ready to move on with window treatments. The room is small, 12' by 16' along the longest wall; the other wall has a door. There's a 144" bay window across the front wall, and two 66" side windows on the side walls. I need room-darkening curtains, but don't know what color to use. I'm afraid beige will just blend into the walls, so I'm thinking burgundy, but will that make the room seem smaller and will that be too contrasty with the walls? My other options are navy, chocolate, or black. I'd love to find curtains with a multi stripe pattern, but can't find them in room-darkening and I can't afford custom drapes. Any ideas, anyone?

carpet closeupCurtain Color Advice
          AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Would moss green curtains look good on kitchen french doors? The kitchen walls are a pumpkin color and the floor is brown.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thanks for all your responses. Great idea to get material.

Read More Answers...

I have a dark chocolate sofa and chair. The walls are beige, so is the ceiling. What color should the curtains and sheers be? I'm also going to add some decor and an art wall. Please help me.

Curtain Color Advice
              Curtain Color Advice
              AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

beige has a tendency to make white look dingy. Gray might be okay but if you use it try to putting it in a couple of other places. you might try a brown wall in another area of the room. A lot of colors go well with brown. the curtains depend on what you want them to do. Add height or interest or contrast or just blend in. colors can be complimentary or boosting depends on what you want them to do.

Read More Answers...

My husband and I just bought our home and we have a gray sofa-sectional, but are debating on the colors for our curtains. Eventually, we want to stain our floors darker and paint our walls a very light gray (almost white). We want to have 2 levels of curtains. I think we should have a sky/light blue curtain with white sheer curtain in the back, but my husband wants a medium to dark gray curtain with the white sheer curtain in the back. I don't know if there's a term for the sheer white curtains or not. I was also thinking of white curtains. Our living room is really small. A lot smaller than it looks in the picture. Please help. Thank you!

livingroom
                Curtain Color Advice
                AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I agree with Louise about draperies the same color or a shade darker, making the room appear larger. The reason this happens is, if you have draperies near the same color as the wall, there appears to be an uninterrupted view across the entire wall, creating a sense of spaciousness.

Read More Answers...

Can you please suggest a curtain color for a pink wall?

bright pink wall with tall windows
                  AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sheilah

I had reservations about the black rod, too....And of course, you're right. Here is your burnished brass rod finished in a color to match the draperies. Two heads are better than one. Thank you.

Read More Answers...

I have a brown sectional with egg shell color walls and a brown carpet.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

With that colour pallet, you have a very wide choice for colour. Personally I'd go for egg shell drapes, as I like my living room drapes to recede and provide a background. However, if you are looking for the drapes to "pop" the room, think about the effect the colours would have. Blues and greens (shades of either could work) would cool the room; bronze or red or gold would warm it up. You could always add colour with art work, throws, cushions, and accent pieces.

Read More Answers...

I have two couches. One is a green color like the one below maybe a shade or two darker and the other couch I have is mostly the lighter brown, but just a bit more of a tan. I don't want to have my curtains be brown and green too. I am thinking like a plum since the colors are warm. What other colors can I have my curtains be?

Curtain Color Advice
                      AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Find the complimentary for the green.

Find the complimentary for the brown

Find the mid point between the two complimentary colors.

It will be in the plum family.

You are dealing with a lot of strong colors., but you seem to know what you're doing. I bet you can make it work.

Read More Answers...

I have tan walls, brown furniture and one blue accent wall. What color should I use for curtains? I'm thinking white because it is safe and goes with everything. Any other ideas?

By Amanda B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
                      Best Answer

A deeper or brighter blue might work. What color is the wall where the window is located? I would suggest keeping the curtains in the same color family as the wall, and using white for accents repeated throughout the room - pillows, large pictures, vases, throw rugs, lamps, etc. General rule is not more than three colors, but you can play with the intensity of the color - bright, shiny brown, bright blue, pale blue.

Read More Answers...

I have a mobile home. I am redecorating the living and dining room. I am going to use the same curtain on the dining room and living room windows. I have mauve colored carpet and white walls with a little green and purple in the wall board. My sofa is beige. What color curtains would be best, sage and white or taupe and cream? I have attached a photo of the curtains and the color options.

examples
                        AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you..I decided on the Sage and White..there is enough green in the Wallboard ..they will be beautiful..

Read More Answers...

My living room is all neutral colors with high ceilings, my couch is a taupe color, my walls are a goldish tan color and my fireplace has a green marbling in it. My living room and dining room are open to one another and I need help figuring out what color curtains to add to my living room along each side of the fireplace. Attached is a picture of my living room and dining room. Any suggestions?

Living Room Curtain Color Advice
                          AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

...And I didn't even wake the dog.

Read More Answers...

I have a theater room at home. The walls are black, the carpet is black with some gold in it. The couches are a bright orange. What color should I do curtains for the room?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sounds like a lot of black so I would try and mix in the orange and gold colors for my curtains.

Read More Answers...

I'm looking for some help to decide on a curtain colour for my front room as I'm not very good at matching things. I have magnolia walls, cream/beige carpet, and a red fabric couch. I have a big bay window and a smaller window and can't decide what colour curtains. I have been thinking of a deep olive green shade, but that's just a thought. Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated:)

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you, Louise. The thought of Christmas came to my mind as well. I think you explained the whys and wherefores rather nicely.

Read More Answers...

My wife and I can't seem to figure out much together when it comes to home decor. Any advice on curtain colors for a family room and dining room? See attached pics.
                              Note: the family room is attached to our kitchen which has light beige paint and valences with red and khaki. The dining room has gold paint, brown furniture, plus curtains and a chandelier that need to be replaced. Thank you very much for any help :)

family room
                                dining roomfamily room kitchen
                                AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here's a better pic I think!

Read More Answers...
                                Load More
                                Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsApril 20, 2012
                                Metal Door
                                Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
                                Cleaning a Shower Curtain
                                Cleaning a Shower Curtain
                                Curtains and Rug
                                Curtain and Rug Color Advice
                                Woman hanging a window treatment.
                                Window Treatment Advice
                                © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 1:07:43 PM on 10.0.2.139 in 885 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.