Curtain Color Advice

Choosing just the right color curtains can complete the overall color scheme of your room. This guide contains curtain color advice.

February 7, 2017 Flag

Beige walls and green curtains.

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Beige walls allow for a wide variety of curtain color choices that will complement it. This is a guide about curtain color advice to complement beige walls.

February 7, 2017 Flag

Purple curtains in a bedroom.

Choosing a complementary or even contrasting color for your bedroom curtains can help achieve the overall color scheme you are seeking. This is a guide about bedroom curtain color advice.

February 7, 2017 Flag

Kitchen Curtains

Choosing the right color for your kitchen curtains can help brighten it up and complete your room's color scheme. This is a guide about kitchen curtain color advice.

February 7, 2017 Flag

Beige Couch

Neutral colored furniture can be difficult to find coordinating curtains for, depending on whether you want them to match or pop. This is a guide about curtain color advice to coordinate with a beige couch.

January 26, 2017 Flag

I have a new house with Sherwood paint keratin on all walls. The living room and dining room are like a L shape. There is one big window in front, with 3 windows close together. Should I keep all curtain colors the same? I want to hang curtains and blinds. Can you please give me so ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you. Do you have any examples of this idea. Thanks

December 7, 2016 Flag

I have a beige carpet with white walls and there is a beige and black border along the vaulted ceiling. My furniture is black leather. I have a large picture window with 4 crank out windows. I'm looking to add a pop of color to the room, but I am not very good at going outside of the box. I tend to stick to neutral colors for fear of things not matching. Any suggestions on a curtain color would be appreciated.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Neutrals are wonderful! I suggest a warm gray or gray-blue for your curtains. Pops of color can be added elsewhere in the room using accent pillows, etc. For instance, I live in a rental house and cannot change anything except throw pillows, minimal artwork on walls. I have grayish-blue walls, white trim, and beige carpet to work with my personal beige sofa and love seat. I purchased throw pillows to tie in the colors of the wall, trim, carpet, and furniture.

December 5, 2016 Flag

Can you please suggest the color for the curtains and anything else that I can do to brighten the room?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

At the moment it all looks very square, harsh and formal. I think curtains with a light brown or beige background would be good and just to soften down the square look, with a simple pattern of curved shapes. These could be in a darker shade of brown or a colour. If you choose a colour, add something else in the same colour elsewhere in the room for balance, such as in cushions or picture frames

November 20, 2016 Flag

I just painted my walls a dark rustic red color and one wall is accented with dark brown stained wood planks. My couches are dark leather brown, my ceiling is white, and the carpet is light tan. My wall trim is dark brown. What would be the best color curtains for the one big window in my living room? I though of hanging a burlap curtain, but I'm afraid that's too much light color with all the dark color in the room.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

That sounds like a great idea thanks!

November 9, 2016 Flag

I have a floral pattern sofa. The walls are light sage, the verticals on the windows are dark brown. I have included photos of my sofa. I need valances. Please give me suggestions: solid, pattern, checked, or plaid and the color(s). Please respond as soon as you can.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A designer once told me to pick one or two colours from your sofa and use for accessories such as draperies, throw pillows etc. Because your upholstery is a floral I would go with a solid colour fabric for your valances.

November 5, 2016 Flag

My walls are a very soft sage. The sofa is floral with yellow, green, red, and orange. What color and pattern would work for valances? I need to tie the room together to make it look finished.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'd pick one of the colors from sofa that isn't green.

January 12, 2014 Flag

I have tan walls, brown furniture and one blue accent wall. What color should I use for curtains? I'm thinking white because it is safe and goes with everything. Any other ideas?

By Amanda B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

A deeper or brighter blue might work. What color is the wall where the window is located? I would suggest keeping the curtains in the same color family as the wall, and using white for accents repeated throughout the room - pillows, large pictures, vases, throw rugs, lamps, etc. General rule is not more than three colors, but you can play with the intensity of the color - bright, shiny brown, bright blue, pale blue.

October 3, 2016 Flag

My husband and I just bought a house. The living room/dining area is covered in gray and white tiles with gray walls. We do not have the money right now to remove them and lay hardwood floors. What color curtains would you suggest to go with all the gray and white?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Since grey and white are both neutral colors, almost anything goes. You could keep it neutral or got for a color pop like red, turquoise or even your favorite shade of green

October 3, 2016 Flag

I bought a cobalt blue (or perhaps a bit darker) velvet settee and want to know what color curtains and cushions would go best. I have white walls and each recess has grey painted shelves and cupboard. I have not got an image, sorry.
Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yellow or mustard?

September 24, 2016 Flag

I'm stuck as to change up curtains. I'm taking down wood blinds, but need to hang energy efficient drapes as the sun bakes us in the evening for a couple of hours. See attached picture. The walls are barn red and beige as you can see and very dark with blinds.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would use white curtains of a special material that reflects sunlight. The issue is you want something to maintain the lightness of the room while providing protection from the sun.

August 8, 2015 Flag

My husband and I just bought our home and we have a gray sofa-sectional, but are debating on the colors for our curtains. Eventually, we want to stain our floors darker and paint our walls a very light gray (almost white). We want to have 2 levels of curtains. I think we should have a sky/light blue curtain with white sheer curtain in the back, but my husband wants a medium to dark gray curtain with the white sheer curtain in the back. I don't know if there's a term for the sheer white curtains or not. I was also thinking of white curtains. Our living room is really small. A lot smaller than it looks in the picture. Please help. Thank you!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

So, I changed my mind. Men can be fickle, too.

This drapery color may not be ideal, but it readily serves to illustrate a point. Darker colors appear farther away, creating an illusion of depth, hence, more room.

If this drapery were white or near white, it would appear closer, causing the room to appear smaller. At least, that's my humble reasoning.

October 27, 2016 Flag

Could you please suggest which color curtain I need to buy for my neutral color walls? I got a set of curtains, but am not satisfied with the look. I have attached the pic. I appreciated your help.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try to brighten it up some. Even add some curtain rod decorations. There's endless possibilities for making some thing look like it's out of home and garden cheap.

October 25, 2015 Flag

Can you please suggest a curtain color for a pink wall?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sheilah

I had reservations about the black rod, too....And of course, you're right. Here is your burnished brass rod finished in a color to match the draperies. Two heads are better than one. Thank you.

August 4, 2016 Flag

We recently bought curtains that once put up looked very similar to the wall color. We are debating whether to keep this color that blends with the wall color or to put up rust colored curtains similar to the pillow flipped over on the couch on the left in the same style. Suggestions?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would go with the cinnamon color for curtains, or maybe a dark green.

October 11, 2016 Flag

My living room walls are light grey, my furniture is cream, and my blinds are cream. What colour drapes would work?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Red, Royal Blue, Aqua. Nearly any color would work as your room is all neutral colors. Pick something bright - perhaps a bright print with some of the colors the same as your room.

Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsApril 20, 2012
Beige walls and green curtains.
Curtain Color Advice to Complement Beige Walls
Beige Couch
Curtain Color Advice to Coordinate with a Beige Couch
Purple curtains in a bedroom.
Bedroom Curtain Color Advice
Woman hanging a window treatment.
Window Treatment Advice
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2017 at 8:24:34 PM on 10.0.1.158 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.