Curtain Color Advice

Choosing just the right color curtains can complete the overall color scheme of your room. This guide contains curtain color advice.

December 5, 2016 Flag

Can you please suggest the color for the curtains and anything else that I can do to brighten the room?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 20, 2016 Flag

I just painted my walls a dark rustic red color and one wall is accented with dark brown stained wood planks. My couches are dark leather brown, my ceiling is white, and the carpet is light tan. My wall trim is dark brown. What would be the best color curtains for the one big window in my living room? I though of hanging a burlap curtain, but I'm afraid that's too much light color with all the dark color in the room.

You have a lot of dark colors in your room. Light colored pillows, the same tan as the carpet would lighten it up. Rather than plain colored curtains, could you find a print with dark brown, red and tan in them? It sound like you have all solid colors, and a print in the curtains and possibly the pillows

would blend in and brighten the room. Hope this is helpful.

November 5, 2016 Flag

My walls are a very soft sage. The sofa is floral with yellow, green, red, and orange. What color and pattern would work for valances? I need to tie the room together to make it look finished.

I'd pick one of the colors from sofa that isn't green.

January 6, 2016 Flag

I have pumpkin colored walls in my kitchen and a brown floor. I am wondering what color curtains would look the best on the french doors. I've posted a picture of the color and french doors. Thanks in advance.

apricot would a great color as its a few shades lighter ..just for further reference

November 9, 2016 Flag

I have a floral pattern sofa. The walls are light sage, the verticals on the windows are dark brown. I have included photos of my sofa. I need valances. Please give me suggestions: solid, pattern, checked, or plaid and the color(s). Please respond as soon as you can.

A designer once told me to pick one or two colours from your sofa and use for accessories such as draperies, throw pillows etc. Because your upholstery is a floral I would go with a solid colour fabric for your valances.

August 31, 2016 Flag

I have painted my master bedroom light grey and my bedroom set is black with silver. Which color should I pick for my curtains and area rug that will look great all year long? How about during fall season?

I would say light blue or even a light purple could be great. For your rug you could find one with different shades of the color you choose

October 3, 2016 Flag

My husband and I just bought a house. The living room/dining area is covered in gray and white tiles with gray walls. We do not have the money right now to remove them and lay hardwood floors. What color curtains would you suggest to go with all the gray and white?

Since grey and white are both neutral colors, almost anything goes. You could keep it neutral or got for a color pop like red, turquoise or even your favorite shade of green

October 3, 2016 Flag

I bought a cobalt blue (or perhaps a bit darker) velvet settee and want to know what color curtains and cushions would go best. I have white walls and each recess has grey painted shelves and cupboard. I have not got an image, sorry.
Thanks.

Yellow or mustard?

October 27, 2016 Flag

Could you please suggest which color curtain I need to buy for my neutral color walls? I got a set of curtains, but am not satisfied with the look. I have attached the pic. I appreciated your help.

Try to brighten it up some. Even add some curtain rod decorations. There's endless possibilities for making some thing look like it's out of home and garden cheap.

October 15, 2016 Flag

I have brown carpet and creamy white walls in the dining room. I need to add color for curtains, any suggestions? I like blue gray colors and maybe some texture. Please help. I do not want to use green.

I did an internet search myself to find out what color drapes I should use in my living room. One of the websites mentioned to go with solid color drapes if you have a sofa with printed fabric. And go with printed drapes if your sofa is a solid color. They say to match your drapes to your wall color. If you have padded chairs in your dining room that are a solid color, go for a printed drape. But if the fabric on your chairs are printed, stay with a solid color drape. I'll be making my own drapes for my living room.

October 11, 2016 Flag

My living room walls are light grey, my furniture is cream, and my blinds are cream. What colour drapes would work?

Red, Royal Blue, Aqua. Nearly any color would work as your room is all neutral colors. Pick something bright - perhaps a bright print with some of the colors the same as your room.

January 29, 2016 Flag

I have a dark chocolate sofa and chair. The walls are beige, so is the ceiling. What color should the curtains and sheers be? I'm also going to add some decor and an art wall. Please help me.

A nice pattern in the mint to turquoise area with the same Brown . Like the eye cat print & use the same shears. Iridescent and pearl accessories around will be nice. Good luck :)

Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsApril 20, 2012
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Curtains and Rug
Curtain and Rug Color Advice
Woman hanging a window treatment.
Window Treatment Advice
🎉
🎄