Browsing: Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

You open the dryer door to find the colorful evidence of a pen that made it through the wash. This is a guide about cleaning ink out of a dryer.

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 2, 2012 Flag

Make a solution of bleach and water. Completely immerse some white towels in the solution and using rubber gloves wring out most of the water from the towels. They should be just damp and not dripping. Next throw the towels in the dryer and turn it on. The bleach will take the ink out after one to two applications of this process.

After you get all the ink out, wipe the dryer down with plain water, making sure to wipe enough to remove all the bleach. Leave the dryer door open to air dry afterward. To be extra sure all the bleach is removed after cleaning you can run whites through the next dryer cycle.

By Renea from Pittston Twp, PA

July 16, 2013 Flag

I tried several ideas and this is what worked for me. My dryer has a white drum and it was covered in ink (about 80%). I soaked a old clean towel in a hot water/bleach solution. I used a half of bucket water with 2 cups of bleach. I let the rag soak and then I put the dripping rag in the dryer. I ran it on high heat for about 30 minutes. It really works!

It removed most of the stains. I cleaned the rest up with a Mr Clean Magic Eraser with nail polish remover. All the stains are completely gone. I never thought I would get them out. I washed the drum out good with a warm soapy rag to pick up any residue.

April 17, 2016 Flag

How do I remove black permanent marker from inside a gas dryer?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try using hand sanitizer. I hear it works well to dissolve permanent marker on hard surfaces.

December 3, 2005 Flag

Pure acetone nail polish remover poured on a Magic Eraser works like a charm. The ink that my roommate got on my dryer came right up using this method. I should have made her do it!

March 11, 2009 Flag

I looked on this site to find an answer to remove ink from a dryer drum. Many said to use fingernail polish remover, too many fumes for me. I tried some hairspray and that was too messy and also stunk. asy.

February 16, 2010 Flag

To get ink off a dryer drum soak towel in bleach and put in dryer, run dryer for 5 to 10 minutes. I tried other tips on this website but they did not work. The bleach towel trick did.

February 11, 2012 Flag

How do you get pen ink out of a dryer?

By Toshia

Best Answer

Get some old towels and household bleach. This method takes time but it works.

The old towels are soaked in bleach and water solution.

Place inside the dryer and turn it on.

It may take a few tries but it should work....

Read more: How to Get Pen Ink Out of a Clothes Dryer | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4867534_pen ... out-clothes-dryer.html#ixzz1m8T5qA6C

Hope this works. I tried the Acetone and it made a huge mess of things in the dryer.

July 16, 2015 Flag

Use Rain-X X-treme Clean for baked on ink. Put some on a dry cloth and rub for 10 seconds. It removes it easily and without damage to the dryer surface. Clean after with a wet cloth. Soft Scrub may work too, but may be overly abrasive. You can remove the dryer door for easier access.

July 23, 2013 Flag

I tried everything and the only thing that worked was nail polish remover. I put the remover on a white rag and rubbed on the ink. I then ran the dryer for 10 minutes with old towels in the dryer. Good as new.

December 7, 2011 Flag

This happened to me several years ago when my son left a pen in his pocket. I used paint remover and hair spray. I put it on a rag (separately), then scrubbed and scrubbed.

February 27, 2011 Flag

How do you get ink out of the dryer drum?

By Mary from Brentwood, CA

Oh My God! It really works. My son had a friend overnight, so I wash clothes that night. The next morning I found ink everywhere in my dyer. 1. I am renting my home. 2. Anything I break or is my fault I must paid for it..

Today I was saved, from paying for a brand new dyer...LOL. Everyone should try soaking the towel in bleach with water and place it in the dryer. It really works.

Hair spray work also, but not as effective. Soaking the towel with bleach and water turning your dryer on high. Trust me...smile. Thank you, thank you.

I just want to thank all of you for saving me and my dryer. I tried the bleach and water towel in the dryer and it worked great! I was amazed!

June 25, 2004 Flag

To remove ink use rubbing alcohol. Put some rubbing alcohol into a small cup. Using an old toothbrush dipped in the alcohol, gently scrub at the ink. Once you have remove the ink, wipe up any excess alcohol.

November 29, 2014 Flag

I have gotten ball point ink on my dryer as I left a pen in my jeans. It went through the wash. Do you have a solution for getting the horrible stain off?

By June HN from Courtenay B.C. Canada

Use an old rag and acetone nail polish remover. It comes right off but make sure after you get all the ink off to take a different rag with soapy water. Make sure to get all of the acetone off and let the drier air dry.

December 18, 2013 Flag

CAUTION: Carburetor Cleaner is HIGHLY FLAMMABLE. Don't use this method unless you are familiar with using this type of solvent. You spray on, it comes right off. NO scrubbing, NO mess.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 29, 2012
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 21, 2016 at 12:20:38 PM on 10.0.1.149 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.