Dishwasher Tablet to Clean Toilet

Having moved into an apartment from a house, my frugality is to do with space. I have been looking for ways to use cleaning products for more than one job. I am aware the the chemicals in the detergent for dishwashers is similar to that used to remove stains in toilets, so I put the little dishwasher tablets into the toilet, and it works.

However, recently I inherited a type of tablet coated in plastic. It did not work, until I realized it needs hot water to melt the plastic skin. I put one into an old jam jar, covered it with boiling water, and, voila!, a jar full of toilet cleaner. After I poured half into the potty, I used the other half for the tub and sink.

From now on, I will buy only one product for many jobs and the storage space will be considerably less too. To compensate for the using expensive and polluting dishwasher, I only use the machine about once a week, when I have accumulated stubborn or awkward pots, and pans. I know that living alone makes for few dishes, but if you have kids, then you have a team of dishwashers already.

Cheers from Europe

By joanfry from Europe

I will have to try that, hopefully the brand I use will do the same thing as yours.

How did you use it?

Thanks.. I now see the rest of your post. :)

Cleaning the Toilet, Woman with Blue Gloves Scrubbing Her Toilet
Cleaning a Toilet
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJune 6, 2011
Baking Soda and Vinegar
Cleaning With Baking Soda and Vinegar
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Photo of a woman cleaning a toilet.
Preventing and Cleaning Toilet Rings
🎉
🎄