Browsing: Remedies for Worms in Cats

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Worms in Cats

Cat owners sometimes look for remedies for worms other than a trip to the vet. This is a guide about remedies for worms in cats.

cat
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 31, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know a home remedy for worms in cats/dogs?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Wouldnt tabacco kill my pet sounds like a bad idea :-(

Read More Answers...

February 16, 2015 Flag

How do I treat feline worms, round worms and string looking worms? I need a home remedy or good cheap med to fix this problem. It also has to be something that tastes good to the cat.

By Audrey

Best Answer

There are many different worms your cat can have. Some you can see, some you can't. If you buy the wormer at the pet store it gets certain types of worms. It is less effective than what you get from the Vet. It can have side effects for the cat. The stringy worms you are talking about are round worms. I really recommend you take your cat to the Vet and get the job done right.

Read More Answers...

March 24, 2015 Flag

Would a tape worm make a cat get fatter?

By Pauly from MI

Best Answer

Your cat can have any of a number of worm parasites, including tapeworm, and worms can make a cat's abdominal area larger or "pot bellied". Please take your cat to your vet to identify the problem and provide treatment. Note that there are "worm treatments" you can buy at pet stores, however, if you do not know the specific type of worm, you cannot provide the correct treatment. Please do not wait to take your cat to your vet to help him or her feel much better.

Read More Answers...

February 21, 2014 Flag

I bought an over the counter med for deworming my cats. I gave it to them four days ago and now they seem really sick and I haven't seen any results in their stool. How long does it take and can they live long happy lives with worms?

By Mon

Best Answer

Some over the counter wormers are rough on cats. Be especially careful with kittens. Find a Vet for a wormer that works and doesn't make your cat sick. Cats can tolerate some worms, but it depends on what kind they are and how old the cat is and how many they are. Check you local shelter for low cost Vet care. I am sure they will help you.

Read More Answers...

November 11, 2013 Flag

Closeup of kitten.I just found round worms on my kitten's butt. How do I get rid of them? I don't have the money to take her to the vet. It has to be able to be given to a 13 week old kitten.

By Liz B.

Garlic is toxic to cats. NEVER GIVE A CAT GARLIC!

Read More Answers...

October 14, 2015 Flag

I just pulled out a white worm from my cat's anus. I don't have money to take him to the vet. What should I do for him? How do I treat it?

I use Nemex-2, it is the same stuff that the vet uses. it is highly palatable as it smells and tastes sweet, like vanilla. it is, however, listed as canine anthelmintic suspension liquid but it will not harm them. anyway, it treats ALL worms. Beware though, it IS expensive. its $15.99 before taxes in my city, and it can only be bought at a pharmacy or a feed and seed store. you may be able to order it online at petmeds.com, im unsure of that though. good luck to you!!!

ps, this came from experience with my 2 new kitties. theyre only a few weeks old and were highly infested with tapeworms. now i only see a couple here and there but with proper hygienic practice, that is kept to a minimum and they are disappearing....FOREVER

Read More Answers...

February 8, 2015 Flag

I have a male cat Max. He likes to go out and catch rodents. I do not let him out willingly. He has a brother and sister that live in the same house, and he is constantly crying at me for food. I don't know if he may have worms, but he has visited the vet before for this. I have researched that, and maybe he just wants attention. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Thank you.

By Michelle

No, it can't be easily controlled with meds. Our cat died. If they don't have the surgery, which is $1,000+, your cat will die.

Read More Answers...

January 25, 2015 Flag

I have a 4 yr old Maine Coon Tabby mix, Jayden. I think he may have tapeworms, but I am not sure though. He's losing hair and has kinda bloody patches where he is itching like crazy. I have tried Lamisil and over the counter tape worm meds and nothing seems to work. It started to go away a little and he was starting to grow hair back, but that didn't last long. He's eating good, but not gaining too much weight. My dog Chyna is not having any type of problems. I am at my wits end and don't have the money for a vet. I give him baths every other day or try to with Dawn dish soap.

By Leslie

That is not tapeworm that is ring worm probably and is not a parasite it's a fungal infection you need Malaseb shampoo to treat that skin condition.

Read More Answers...

May 15, 2013 Flag

What is the medication that I can buy for cats that have tapeworms, if I can not afford a vet?

By Jackie

I use FOOD GRADE diatomaceous earth for treating my cats for TAPEWORMS. IT IS ALL NATURAL AND WILL NOT HARM ANIMALS. There are alot of sites that sell it but I get mine from Tractor and Supplies. I bought a 20lbs bag for 10 bucks. Cats 7-13 lbs 1 teaspoon daily. Also has other nutritional and dietary benefits. You should take a look at this product. Its all natural derived from ground sea shells. Only buy FOOD GRADE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH! There are other types that are harmful to pets and humans. I was buying chemical meds for the tapeworms but constantly worried about the effects on my cats.

Hope this helps!

Michelle

Read More Answers...

October 23, 2015 Flag

It was a roundworm, or a chunk of roundworm, still wriggling. I know they are or can be contagious, but is there any way we can treat at home? There's just no chance in heck we could afford treatment for all 6 through a vet. Just a standard check up with 2 shots cost us 150$ for one cat. We adopted a stray and took her in. She surprised us with 5 kittens almost exactly 2 months after we brought her in. Would food grade diatomaceous earth and cider vinegar help this?

cat and kittens

Why is DE food grade not effective for worms? There are many sites indicating that it is a natural effect way to treat worms. Also fleas. It's not fast acting but it works. Seems the only recommendation offered on this site is to take the pet to the vet. Not very helpful at all. I've taken my pets to the vet. Paid the outrageous bill in good faith that I was doing the right thing. However it's not the intentions of all vets to provide good service. It's about making money. And there are worm tabs available online with Amazon that will treat more than one worm. Which is the same as if going to the vet and considerably cheaper. And if one takes their pet to the vet for treatment of worms, consider that you will need a follow up visit. It takes more than one dose to complete the cycle. More money and more giving the pet chemicals. DE food grade is effective. You must be diligent and give to pet for every day. There are many informative sites that can explain proper use, dosage and length of time.

Read More Answers...
Load More
Pets HealthFebruary 27, 2013
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
growing tomatoes
Worms Eating Tomatoes
A worm on pavement.
Getting Rid of Worms On Your Driveway
A veterinarian holding a dog.
Remedies for Worms in Dogs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 31, 2016 at 6:06:25 AM on 10.0.0.90 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.