Browsing: Remedies for Worms in Cats

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Worms in Cats

Cat owners sometimes look for remedies for worms other than a trip to the vet. This is a guide about remedies for worms in cats.

cat
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 31, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know a home remedy for worms in cats/dogs?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

what is a safe home remedy for round or tapeworm for cats

I USE THIS PRODUCT FOR MY CAT'SAND MY KITTENS. IT WORKS ON WORMS, PARASITES AND FLEES. IT'S CALLED DIATAMACEOUS EARTH FOOD GRADE. THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF D.E. REGULAR AND FOOD GRADE, FOOD GRADE IS WHAT YOU WANT YOU CAN ALSO USE IT ON YOUR SELF IT KILLS ANY PARASITES THAT YOU MAY HAVE. IT IS A NATURAL PRODUCT, YOU CAN USE IT ON KITTENS TO GET RID OF FLEES. I PUT A 1/2 tsp IN THIER CAT FOOD AND IN THE KITTENS BOTTLES. I SPRINKLED THE D.E. ON ALL MY CARPETS, LEFT IT ON FOR 3 HOURS THEN VACUUMED IT UP AND THEN GET RID OF THE CONTENTS WRITE AWAY. I TOOK A PAIR OF PANTY HOSE AND CUT THE LEG OFF FILLED WITH D.E. TIE A KNOT AND USE IT TO POWDER YOUR CAT'S AND KITTENS. PLEASE PUT A PAPER TOWEL OVER THIER FACE SO THEY DO NOT BREATH IT IN AND THAT GO'S FOR YOU TO. IT IS NOT GOOD TO BREATH IT IN. YOU CAN ALSO USE THIS PRODUCT FOR ROACHS, ANTS AND ANY OTHER BUGS THAT HAS A HARD SHELL. YOU CAN USE IT IN YOUR GARDEN IT WILL NOT KILL EARTH WORMS BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE A HARD SHELL. I FOUND IT ON AMAZON. MAKESURE THAT THE D.E. THAT YOU GET SAYS FOOD GRADE. GOOD LUCK.

February 16, 2015 Flag

How do I treat feline worms, round worms and string looking worms? I need a home remedy or good cheap med to fix this problem. It also has to be something that tastes good to the cat.

By Audrey

Best Answer

There are many different worms your cat can have. Some you can see, some you can't. If you buy the wormer at the pet store it gets certain types of worms. It is less effective than what you get from the Vet. It can have side effects for the cat. The stringy worms you are talking about are round worms. I really recommend you take your cat to the Vet and get the job done right.

My cat I've had for 5 years now he's always been healthy well I noticed that for a while he was dragging his butt on the floor and meowing well now he hides when I come in the door I have to have food in my hand for him to come out he's never had it before like that I love him very much and I'm afraid he might have something wrong with him

March 24, 2015 Flag

Would a tape worm make a cat get fatter?

By Pauly from MI

Best Answer

Your cat can have any of a number of worm parasites, including tapeworm, and worms can make a cat's abdominal area larger or "pot bellied". Please take your cat to your vet to identify the problem and provide treatment. Note that there are "worm treatments" you can buy at pet stores, however, if you do not know the specific type of worm, you cannot provide the correct treatment. Please do not wait to take your cat to your vet to help him or her feel much better.

Money does not a nurturing soul make, true. However, if a cat is sick or in pain, "a nurturing soul" won't fix that.

Mineral oil or apple cider vinegar may cure worms, or it may not. Either way, how do we know a cat's weight gain is from worms? Veterinarians are trained to know what might be causing the cat's problem.

Another problem with asking the internet for medical advice is that we can't see the cat. Even a picture isn't a good substitute for actually examining the cat. And there are a lot of questions I usually ask in these situations that never seem to get answers, like: What brand of food are you feeding? How often? Is the cat indoor/outdoor? Is the cat a mouser?

Without these, I can't even begin to make a guess, but a veterinarian would bet those answers, because you're paying for the privilege.

February 21, 2014 Flag

I bought an over the counter med for deworming my cats. I gave it to them four days ago and now they seem really sick and I haven't seen any results in their stool. How long does it take and can they live long happy lives with worms?

By Mon

Best Answer

Some over the counter wormers are rough on cats. Be especially careful with kittens. Find a Vet for a wormer that works and doesn't make your cat sick. Cats can tolerate some worms, but it depends on what kind they are and how old the cat is and how many they are. Check you local shelter for low cost Vet care. I am sure they will help you.

It takes almost 2 weeks to clear it up most likely it comes from fleas that's how they really get worms

November 11, 2013 Flag

Closeup of kitten.I just found round worms on my kitten's butt. How do I get rid of them? I don't have the money to take her to the vet. It has to be able to be given to a 13 week old kitten.

By Liz B.

I heard that worms hate garlic! If you put a little bit of garlic in your cats food, after a few days the tape worms should be gone!

Garlic is toxic to cats. NEVER GIVE A CAT GARLIC!

September 28, 2007 Flag

If you decide to get a new kitten, either now or in the near future, please make sure you have the new baby dewormed.

I have just added another new one to the menagerie and was going a little crazy as she was determined that she had to be fed every time someone went near the refrigerator. When I phoned the vet, they suggested she be dewormed. The medicine is not expensive, it cost me $7.07 (cdn) and there is enough there to deworm 10 kittens! (an added bonus is that a free syringe is supplied and whatever is in this stuff the kitten seemed to think it tasted wonderful!)

By Cinnamon from Williams Lake, BC

October 14, 2015 Flag

I just pulled out a white worm from my cat's anus. I don't have money to take him to the vet. What should I do for him? How do I treat it?

Buy a multi dewormer at the store. This IS something you can treat at home WITHOUT paying a vet.

I use Nemex-2, it is the same stuff that the vet uses. it is highly palatable as it smells and tastes sweet, like vanilla. it is, however, listed as canine anthelmintic suspension liquid but it will not harm them. anyway, it treats ALL worms. Beware though, it IS expensive. its $15.99 before taxes in my city, and it can only be bought at a pharmacy or a feed and seed store. you may be able to order it online at petmeds.com, im unsure of that though. good luck to you!!!

ps, this came from experience with my 2 new kitties. theyre only a few weeks old and were highly infested with tapeworms. now i only see a couple here and there but with proper hygienic practice, that is kept to a minimum and they are disappearing....FOREVER

February 8, 2015 Flag

I have a male cat Max. He likes to go out and catch rodents. I do not let him out willingly. He has a brother and sister that live in the same house, and he is constantly crying at me for food. I don't know if he may have worms, but he has visited the vet before for this. I have researched that, and maybe he just wants attention. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Thank you.

By Michelle

I have a 21 year old cat that was always crying for food, took her to the vet and it's an issue with her thyroid. Please see your vet for a complete check up and make sure they check your kitty's thyroid, it can be easily controlled with meds.

No, it can't be easily controlled with meds. Our cat died. If they don't have the surgery, which is $1,000+, your cat will die.

Load More
Pets HealthFebruary 27, 2013
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
growing tomatoes
Worms Eating Tomatoes
A worm on pavement.
Getting Rid of Worms On Your Driveway
A veterinarian holding a dog.
Remedies for Worms in Dogs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 5:15:56 AM on 10.0.0.252 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.