Browsing: Remedies for Worms in Cats

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Worms in Cats

Cat owners sometimes look for remedies for worms other than a trip to the vet. This is a guide about remedies for worms in cats.

cat
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 24, 2015 Flag

Would a tape worm make a cat get fatter?

By Pauly from MI

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Your cat can have any of a number of worm parasites, including tapeworm, and worms can make a cat's abdominal area larger or "pot bellied". Please take your cat to your vet to identify the problem and provide treatment. Note that there are "worm treatments" you can buy at pet stores, however, if you do not know the specific type of worm, you cannot provide the correct treatment. Please do not wait to take your cat to your vet to help him or her feel much better.

Read More Answers...

February 16, 2015 Flag

How do I treat feline worms, round worms and string looking worms? I need a home remedy or good cheap med to fix this problem. It also has to be something that tastes good to the cat.

By Audrey

Best Answer

There are many different worms your cat can have. Some you can see, some you can't. If you buy the wormer at the pet store it gets certain types of worms. It is less effective than what you get from the Vet. It can have side effects for the cat. The stringy worms you are talking about are round worms. I really recommend you take your cat to the Vet and get the job done right.

Read More Answers...

February 21, 2014 Flag

I bought an over the counter med for deworming my cats. I gave it to them four days ago and now they seem really sick and I haven't seen any results in their stool. How long does it take and can they live long happy lives with worms?

By Mon

Best Answer

Some over the counter wormers are rough on cats. Be especially careful with kittens. Find a Vet for a wormer that works and doesn't make your cat sick. Cats can tolerate some worms, but it depends on what kind they are and how old the cat is and how many they are. Check you local shelter for low cost Vet care. I am sure they will help you.

Read More Answers...

November 11, 2013 Flag

Closeup of kitten.I just found round worms on my kitten's butt. How do I get rid of them? I don't have the money to take her to the vet. It has to be able to be given to a 13 week old kitten.

By Liz B.

I grew up on a farm with many dogs and cats . This may sound a bit harsh but I guarantee overnight results . Have someone that chews tobacco hold the pets mouth open and spit some juice in the pets mouth then hold it shut so the pet will swallow . The worms will start to die and leave your pet within the hour .

Read More Answers...

October 14, 2015 Flag

I just pulled out a white worm from my cat's anus. I don't have money to take him to the vet. What should I do for him? How do I treat it?

All the answers say the exact same thing.

Read More Answers...

February 8, 2015 Flag

I have a male cat Max. He likes to go out and catch rodents. I do not let him out willingly. He has a brother and sister that live in the same house, and he is constantly crying at me for food. I don't know if he may have worms, but he has visited the vet before for this. I have researched that, and maybe he just wants attention. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Thank you.

By Michelle

I have a 21 year old cat that was always crying for food, took her to the vet and it's an issue with her thyroid. Please see your vet for a complete check up and make sure they check your kitty's thyroid, it can be easily controlled with meds.

Read More Answers...

May 14, 2015 Flag

My cat goes outdoors daily, and usually returns with a crusty white thing attached to the fur in the thigh region. He is a bit thinner than any neutered cat I've seen before, thought maybe because he's so active. Today I pulled a live tapeworm off of him. It was moist and squirming, but again, not near the anus. He has no fleas or other visible parasites. He eats mice and only God knows what else outside. Could he just have come into contact with a live parasite and would it just be a wasted vet trip? Or should he get checked out? I'm just at a loss because they aren't in his stool, nor are they around the anus, just caught in the fur on his backside.

Yes, the worms are coming from your cat. They can move on their own. They are attempting to infect another host.

Read More Answers...

August 24, 2010 Flag

My daughter has an 18 year old cat (Princess) that has been troubled with tape worms. She bought some of the diatomaceous earth and has been mixing this in her food for about 2 weeks. She says there are live worms in Princess's stool and I wondered if anyone can tell us how long it may take to rid her of these worms.

By cyber from Ocala, FL

[Often, one may notice fragments from tapeworms in a cat's stool. This isn't necessarily a sign that anything is killing the worms since this happens anyway as a tapeworm grows and produces eggs (which are inside the tapeworm segments that break off and pass into the stool.)]

Read More Answers...

May 15, 2013 Flag

What is the medication that I can buy for cats that have tapeworms, if I can not afford a vet?

By Jackie

What are Clays? We have outdoor kitties but I love them so much. My husband won't allow me to spend money on them.I have dewormed them several times but they keep getting tapeworms, I am trying to find a way to deworm them from home. I saw your messsage about "Clays" and would love to learn more.

Read More Answers...

June 25, 2014 Flag

I found my kitten vomiting, and there were tapeworms in it. He is just 3 months old. What medicine should give him? I would be very grateful if you have a suggestion.

By R. Zaman

Since you posted this question, I'm going to assume you can't afford to go to a vet. Call the closest SPCA and see if there are any free or low priced clinics in your area. Check with animal control in your area. Somewhere you will get free answers to your question. Make those calls today. This is serious.

Read More Answers...

March 27, 2013 Flag

My cat has tape worms. What home remedy can I use?

By Aaliyah

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0 ... ef=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?tag=thrif06-20

Drontal can be purchased online without the expense of the vet visit. There are natural way to get rid of fleas and treat. Constant cleaning is a must also. Treating with any dewormer requires more than one treatment.

Read More Answers...

October 23, 2015 Flag

It was a roundworm, or a chunk of roundworm, still wriggling. I know they are or can be contagious, but is there any way we can treat at home? There's just no chance in heck we could afford treatment for all 6 through a vet. Just a standard check up with 2 shots cost us 150$ for one cat. We adopted a stray and took her in. She surprised us with 5 kittens almost exactly 2 months after we brought her in. Would food grade diatomaceous earth and cider vinegar help this?

cat and kittens

Unfortunately, if one of the kitties has some type of worms, the others have or will have the same problem. Please take your kitties to your vet now for help deworming. Perhaps all the kitties can be treated for a lower fee? Waiting will only make the problem worse and your kitties sicker. Diatomaceous earth and cider vinegar are not effective against any type of worms.

August 20, 2013 Flag

Can I use diatomaceous earth in my cat's wet food for fleas, she has tape worms.

By Dawn

Read More Answers...

January 25, 2015 Flag

I have a 4 yr old Maine Coon Tabby mix, Jayden. I think he may have tapeworms, but I am not sure though. He's losing hair and has kinda bloody patches where he is itching like crazy. I have tried Lamisil and over the counter tape worm meds and nothing seems to work. It started to go away a little and he was starting to grow hair back, but that didn't last long. He's eating good, but not gaining too much weight. My dog Chyna is not having any type of problems. I am at my wits end and don't have the money for a vet. I give him baths every other day or try to with Dawn dish soap.

By Leslie

You should stop washing your cat with Dawn. It is very drying. Used once it is not too bad, but used many times can cause problems. If fleas are really the problem you can use topical products from a pet store. They are the only way to stop the flea cycle.

The products from the Vet are better. Be sure to never use a flea product meant for dogs on your cat. It can be fatal. When you use Lamisil on your cat, the cat can lick it off.

Eating lamisil is not good for your cat. You may need to see a Vet to solve the skin problem. Don't bathe the cat too often, and when you do, get a good pet shampoo. The skin lesions may be a bacterial or fungal infection or both. It can be hard to get rid of, but Vets have the right products for it. Good luck.

Read More Answers...

March 18, 2014 Flag

Black and white cat sleepin on couch.I need to give my cat a dewormer. It says in the directions to put the dewormer on moist cat food. The problem is my cat will not eat moist cat food, he will only eat Meow mix dry cat food. He also will not eat human food, no milk, cheese, meats, nothing. So I'm at my wits end. Someone please help me to get my weird cat worm free without another vet bill.

By tlqcb6548

Not all cats will eat the pill pockets or they will fall for it once or twice. One way that was effective for me, was to disolve the pill in a small amount of water and syringe. Easiest way is to break the pill up, put in the syringe and a add little bit of water. (The more water you add the more you have to get kitty to taste/drink. And it doesn't taste good.) Insert to the side of the cats mouth. Slowly. Some cats start foaming to spit it back up since it doesn't taste good. Other way of course is to toss down kitties throat and hold mouth closed. Rubbing under their chin. That novelty has worn thin with my kitties. And they fight hard to not swallow the pill. I am mostly sticking with DE Food grade. But if kitty is infected, large amounts of worms around anus, hind legs, feces shows a lot of worms, dried rice like segments in kitties grooming/sleeping area, as much as I hate giving chemicals, it would be necessary for the initial treatment if this is what your kitty is experiencing.

Read More Answers...
        Load More
        Pets HealthFebruary 27, 2013
        Worm in the Lawn
        Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
        growing tomatoes
        Worms Eating Tomatoes
        A worm on pavement.
        Getting Rid of Worms On Your Driveway
        A veterinarian holding a dog.
        Remedies for Worms in Dogs
        © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:21:34 AM on 10.0.1.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.