Cleaning Black Marks on the Outside of a Refrigerator

By Rachelle 20 77

Does any one have any suggestions on what to use to clean black marks off the refrigerator door? I am not sure what is the cause of the black marks. I believe it to be caused by build up of dirt or food stains maybe? The marks run along the side of the door and onto the refrigerator door handle. I tried bleach and nothing happened.

Thank you for any ideas.

By Rachelle

Showing: Answers Sort

By Jenny 2 27 Flag

Usually bleach or a magic eraser will get rid of those stains. I find that usually the stains on fridge handles are because people do not wash their hand prior to handling food, or using anything in the kitchen.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jan 3 20 Flag

I find the magic eraser magically makes all those marks go away. I had a spot on my fridge that would not come off. I actually thought it was a place the paint got rubbed off or something and I was cleaning using the magic eraser and to my surprise it wiped it away. I particularly find it helpful on the textured handles and the rest for the ice and water on my side by side. I hope they never discontinue them, they are so good at cleaning so many things and no harsh chemicals!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By alibeth05 7 3 Flag

Get one of those 'scrub it' from the dollar store or store ( I think by Clorox or Mr. Clean). Cheap and gets off all black marks and lots more stuff.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sharon 27 126 Flag

You can try scrubbing with Comet or Ajax. And I do find those Magic Erasers to truly be magic. They get rid of spots on my rugs, left from my cats throwing up, etc. They do crumble pretty quickly, though, so I'm going to buy a small piece of similar foam and see how that works. They also have an off-brand at Dollar General for about half the price.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Rachelle 20 77 Flag

Thank you for all answers. I tried the Ajax method and it works.! Thanks again.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marie 6 31 Flag

I have used WD-40 on hard to clean spots and rubbed away the spot then take a sudsy dish cloth and wash away the WD-40, works great on stainless steel. and porcelain.

Then dry with a soft cloth.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

woman cleaning the outside of a refrigerator
Cleaning the Outside of a Refrigerator
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesOctober 3, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cleaning the Outside of a Refrigerator
beautiful wood floors
Removing Scuff Marks from Hardwood Floors
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 7, 2016 at 9:39:39 AM on 10.0.1.159 in 979 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings