Use Towels With Bleach to Remove Ink in a Dryer

To get ink off a dryer drum soak towel in bleach and put in dryer, run dryer for 5 to 10 minutes. I tried other tips on this website but they did not work. The bleach towel trick did.

By Lacey

Editor's Note: Be sure you use a diluted bleach solution and make sure all bleach residue is removed from dryer before using it to dry clean clothes.

Total panic, my husband did his laundry (nice thought but.) and forgot to take the three black pens out of his shirt pocket. The shirts are totaled but the dryer drum was even worse. I figured I would go out and buy an industrial sized box of Mr. Clean erasers but on a whim, googled "ink out of dryer" and found this site. You people rock. The bleached towels worked like magic, I am so happy! Thank you so much!

Found a ball point pen in the dryer though I was doomed !! I soaked a old towel in bleach, this saved me from having to purchase a new dryer ! THANK

February 16, 2010 Flag

Absolutely use the bleached towel tip for getting ink stains out of the dryer. I used two bleach soaked white towels for the worst ink stains I have ever seen in the dryer and it worked so well! The stains are gone and as the other person said: 'no elbow grease'. The dryer is the cleanest it's ever been! Don't use any other method, IMO, as I tried them all! This really works!

By Amy from Fort Collins, CO

Use Bleached Towels to Remove Ink in Dryer

Absolutely do not use pure bleach to do this! If you want to try this method, use a diluted bleach solution. I used pure bleach and ended up with lots of bleach dust all in my dryer, disintegrated towels, and a house full of bleach fumes (my utility room is also the location of the intake for my heat pump). Plus it did nothing to take the ink stains out. It took me hours to get all the powdered bleach out of my dryer and make it safe to use something else to clean the ink. Nail polish remover on a Magic Eraser got the majority of the ink out with a little elbow grease. Just make sure you rinse the nail polish remover out really well so to not cause a fire hazard. Good luck! (11/25/2009)

By jamiprice

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 16, 2010
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather