Browsing: Sewing Machine Needle Not Catching Thread

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Sewing Machine Needle Not Catching Thread

It can be very frustrating if your machine is not sewing properly. This guide is about sewing machine needle not catching thread.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 21, 2016 Flag

My mini sewing machine's needle is not picking up the bobbin thread. Why?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Mini Sewing Machine Not Picking Up Bobbin Thread

My select mini sewing machine is not picking up tread from reel to spool ,this is the first time this has happened.

October 22, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know anything about sewing machines? The bobbin thread isn't being picked up by the needle. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it was working fine. It is possible, not sure, but the needle doesn't seem to be going down as far as it should. I am mighty confused. Please help.

By shivvers from Ireland

Best Answer

You may also check to make sure your needle is turned properly. I had this problem not too long ago. I had replaced the needle and tightened it in not realizing I had not set it in the slot properly. I redid it and it has worked well ever since.

Thanks for this. Had tried everything without success. Change the needle and all worked perfectly

June 8, 2016 Flag

My mini sewing machine doesn't pick up thread from the bobbin and my fabric doesn't get stitched. Please help.

Sir,Madam

My mini sewing machine doesn't pick up thread from the bobbin and my fabric doesn't get stitched. Please help me

My needle will no go all the way down this is a singer

August 16, 2016 Flag

My New Home machine was working fine. Then it stopped picking up the bobbin thread. Why?

I gave. OC-6500 and needed to wined some Bobbi. I hear the motor it dosent spin??

Hello !

You could first unplug the machine, then open the bobbin case, turn the wheel by hand and watch carefully the movement of the needle and how deep it goes to catch the thread loop, and where is the bobbin thread when the needle goes down. If you do not figure out what's wrong, check if the needle is in the right position and tightly fit in, if you are not sure put a new needle, an check again.

January 11, 2016 Flag

Why is stitching not appearing on my portable mini sewing machine? It's not taking thread from lower bobbin also. Please help me.

closeup of mini sewing machine

My mini sewing matching stitching was not done in cloth what is the problem pls help me?

Hi I have the same problem could help me with a video or link to view the solution

March 30, 2016 Flag

I have kindly been given a Singer 447 machine. I set it up and it was working fine for a while, but now it won't pick up the bottom thread. I have re-threaded and check the bobbin. With the plate off I can see that the bottom bobbin does not seem to be moving. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

To keep your machine working properly you must always pull out the thread of the bobbin by hand and place it with the upper thread under the foot and behind the foot before you start sewing. To catch the bobbin thread you move the hand wheel by hand to let the needle go down and up again while holding the needle thread and you catch the little loop that comes up with a needle. To solve your problem you could try to change the needle or check that it did not move in the needle holder because if the needle is too short or too long it can't catch the bobbin thread. You can also change the bobbin and if nothing's changed, turn the power off move the hand wheels slowly by hand and try to watch what's going on if the needle goes down enough and if the movements are synchronized. There is also a little screw on the bobbin holder that controls the tension on the bobbin thread, you can try to lower the tension by unscrewing a bit that little screw. Hope you will succeed repairing your machine !

Thank you! Thank you! I have been wracking my brain for hours trying to figure out why my needle wasn't pulling up the bobbing thread. I even undid the plate screws and took a look. I was so frustrated. Then I saw your post. I immediately went to the machine, held the needle thread, lowered the needle and voila...there is the bobbin thread. I can't thank you enough for this post.

September 1, 2015 Flag

My machine keeps missing stitches. The top misses the bobbin, and then I'm left with really not excellent looking stitches. Also, my machine won't do a twin needle stitch properly. I'm concerned. Help? Thanks guys!

A yahoo group wefixit has lots of good answers to problems with sewing machines.

I'm having the exact problems. I'd love to hear if you took it to be repaired and if they were able to solve these issues!

June 16, 2016 Flag

I was sewing fine with my machine and while doing so, my garment got caught. I removed it and tried to sew again, but somehow now it's not catching the bobbin tread. What can I do to fix this problem.

Load More
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesDecember 3, 2012
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine Thread Keeps Breaking
Red Sewing Thread
Crocheting With Sewing Thread
Sewing Machine Sewing Blue Fabric
Repairing a Sewing Machine
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 4:07:08 AM on 10.0.0.156 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.