Getting Dental Work Done Without Insurance

For the many people without dental insurance, there are sometimes affordable ways to get the needed work done. This is a guide about getting dental work done without insurance.

February 6, 2014 Flag

I'm 22 yrs old, with no dental insurance. I live in Northern California. I don't make much, about 700 a month. I need dental work pretty badly. I'm worried if my teeth get bad I'll lose my job, plus it's not healthy. :/

Any advice on where to go or anything helps. Thanks.

By Sierra S.

Best Answer

Go and talk to some dentists. Many have plans to pay over time. Make teeth your first priority. Put a little money away each paycheck. Make sure you aren't making them worse, no sweets or soda.

September 20, 2015 Flag

I am a 44 year old single mother on Social Security. I am low income and I am raising my daughter on low income. I have teeth that have cracked and I lost two. I am in need of the root to be pulled and that has been over due a year. I am in severe pain and my sister had a brain abcess and ended up in the hospital for three months after two brain surgeries. She was paralyzed on one side and did time in rehab. I am terrified of that being my fate. Is there any help with dental through Medicare? I have Medicare through Social Security Disability.

I am a 51 year old man on social security permanently disabled. I am raising a6 year old child( maie) which i have custody of for the last 5 years. I love him more than anything . so he always comes first. I have had beautiful teeth. My whole life years ago i was on medicine that a doctor put me on for pain it was a lolipop form that you had to rubon your gums. After years of being on that medicine i started noticing my teeth were getting yellow in color. I lost my 4 teeth in the verry front upper teeth. I never had even a cavity until i started using that medicine long story short i have been off that med for 5 yea4s now but with no 4 front teeth how can i get them looked at and fixed on medicare.because ive been to dentists for them but they always take x rays. Then cleaning. Etc. I just want my beautiful whie smile back. Even if i have to pay a small amount . monthly. Thank you verry much looking for a responce with answers to m7y situation.

January 30, 2014 Flag

I am in need of dental work. I have crappy credit and no insurance. I need to have all of my top teeth pulled and get dentures.

I fell on my face and knocked out a bunch of my teeth in front. I work with the public and need them fixed desperately. How can I get the work I need done?

By RL Taylor

Best Answer

In many places, schools of dentistry will accept patients for their training and at steep discounts. Don't worry that they are students, all work is supervised by licensed dentists. Worth investigating.

February 14, 2014 Flag

I am in desperate need for dental work. I am constantly sick with nausea and pain from my teeth not to mention I have lost my smile. I am 39 and all my teeth need to go they are in such bad shape. I have no insurance and I also separated from my husband of over 23 years due to an abusive situation. I have no income and have no where to turn. I am in Kentucky. Any suggestions?

By Ann

Best Answer

I was 43 when I finally got dentures, and that was after my divorce became final and I got 3/4 of the profit from selling our house. I had been having toothaches, and teeth breaking off for about 15 years. My husband at the time had a really good job, and I was a stay at home Mom, doing a little daycare in our home. Any extra money we had went to buy guns, hunting trips, fishing trips, etc.

After the divorce I did get a job, cleaning motel rooms without teeth. I don't think there is anyplace where a person can get free dental work. If there is a dental school near you check with them, some dental schools do actual dental work on patients, and some don't. Where I live the only things the dental schools do is exams and cleaning.

March 10, 2016 Flag

I am here on a business and tourism trip. I'm not holding dental insurance. I have been suffering from a toothache and gum bleeding. But I don't know where to approach. Also I cannot afford expensive treatment. Please help me.

Place a piece of BREAD ON OR IN THE THROBBING TOOTH ACHE IT WILL STOP INSTENTLY!!!

August 21, 2015 Flag

I'm a diabetic and take insulin. My teeth are bad. I need new teeth. Where can I find dental service without insurance?

maybe canada

March 1, 2016 Flag

I myself don't need dental work, but my family and I are in serious need of information on how to get dental work done for my father. My father is a disabled man who is 44 years old. He receives Social Security disability (not SSI). He also receives Medicare, but as you know Medicare does not cover dental. Our local DHHS will not give him Medicaid because they say his income is too high.

Here is the list of things my father has gone through in the past few years. 3 years ago he had a massive stroke, blood vessel in brain burst, the doctors say he is lucky to be alive. The stroke caused serious complications including learning how to eat, walk, talk, etc. He also has seizures from time to time, both gran mal and petit mal seizures. He suffers from serious rheumatoid arthritis, he is losing weight and bone mass as we speak. He hasn't had a solid meal in 3 years. He is on an all liquid diet. In the past he has had multiple blood clots, caused from a blood disease. He is on all types of medications for these problems (too many to talk about) way too many. 3 years ago his teeth started rotting out causing a very bad infection which he has had now for years. It won't go away because he needs serious help. He is in so much pain that it takes everything in him to get out of bed. I'd say he is 80% bed ridden. As of now he has 2 teeth left with a bad infection. Now we have all learned that tooth infection can cause serious damage. He is a stroke survivor with many other issues.

He needs dental surgery ASAP. Of course he can't afford his own dental insurance and the new affordable dental care program won't take him because he needs this dental work done in a surgical room. We have been told it needs to be done at U of M Hospital. This is a medical necessity! For 3 years now we all have struggled to get him back to where he needs to be. No one will give us answers or even try to help. We've been told in order for him to get Medicaid he needs to take away Medicare, but if he does that then he still makes too much money for Medicaid. If he can't afford to live then why would we do that? Any answers or information or anything would he greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced. God Bless.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The National Council for Aging site below has resources for dental care outside of Medicare that may help. You do not provide your location, however, if there are dental schools in your area, they provide low cost dental care.

http://driveaseniorsouthaustin.org/ ... AL,_VISION,_AND_HEARING_SERVICES.pdf

April 7, 2015 Flag

I need teeth pulled, a root canal, and my partial fixed.

By Annie

You can go to a clinic and they should have a sliding fee price list. Which most often will be $20 per visit here where I live. I just got partials top and bottom, but I have medicaid.

March 5, 2015 Flag

I need to have what's left of my teeth pulled and then be fitted for dentures, but I'm on a low, fixed income. Where can I find information about this in Washington? I have no insurance.

By Joyce

http://www.needymeds.org/free_clinics.taf?_function=list&state=wa

This site lists 437 free, low-cost or sliding scale clinics in Washington. It shows eligibility and details. The towns are listed in alphabetical order.

For other state listings, just change the last two letters at the end of the web address to your state letters to get your states list.

January 12, 2011 Flag

I am in need of dental work, wisdom teeth removal. I am 52 yrs old, I do not qualify for medicaid, and can not afford dental insurance. Does anyone have any suggestions for finding affordable dental work?

By Maryjane from Taos, NM

maybe the emergency room, but expect a huge bill for a dental surgeon. The health clinic, but you should have no income, extraction only

September 14, 2015 Flag

I am on SSI and have dental coverage, but it will not pay for partials. I have all my front teeth in fair condition. I only have 2 back teeth and need partials to eat. I cannot pay very much. My income is very low. Can you offer suggestions please?

Load More
Budget & Finance Health InsuranceFebruary 8, 2013
Dentist Examining Woman's Teeth
Saving Money on Dental Work
Woman Preparing to Brush Her Teeth
Dental Health Tips
A woman at the dentist.
Buying Dental Insurance
Saving Money on Health Insurance, Health Insurance Paperwork
Saving Money on Health Insurance
🎄